Sugar Glider Recipes
Have your little suggies decided to be picky this week? Do you have some gliders that have just gotten fed up with the same old thing? Here are some recipes to add some healthy pizzazz to any glider diet!
Cheerio Chains -- Abrashea
Using 100 pound test fishing line, attach a bell at the bottom and string Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios and Multi Grain Cheerios together. Tie to the cage--they love it!! You will hear their enjoyment! You can also make hoops and swings! Keep in mind; you will have to remake them every few days!
Glider Grandpa's Shredded Wheat Pancakes
* Crushed, plain shredded wheat
Mix together and scramble like a pancake.
L'Omelette de Fruits de Poulet
* Cooked shredded chicken
* Eggs, beaten well
* Mixed vegetables
* Apple, chopped
Make omelet, and top with melons, grapes, pineapples and a sprinkling of The Pet Glider Complete multivitamin. Variation: Turkey, sweet potato and apple with sugar snap peas, red bell pepper & peaches. Delicious!
Helwiggle's Mealie Salad
* 2 oz torn salad greens, thoroughly washed
* 2-3 dried papaya pieces
* 8 mealworms
* Pinch of Gliderade
Toss and serve! Serves two gliders.
Pina Colada Smoothie Mix
* Frozen mixed fruit
* Container Pina Colada flavored yogurt
* 1/4 tsp Karo syrup
* Apple or orange juice to blend
Blend together and serve! Delicious!
Dana's Glider Birthday Cake
* Pancake mix, prepared with applesauce instead of oil
* Sunmaid Dried Fruit Bits
* Fluker's Freeze Dried Crickets
Add enough fruit and crickets to make the batter full, but still stick together. I halve the smallest recipe, and there was a lot leftover. Put them in tiny cake cups and then bake at 350 until firm and springy! Yum!
Berry Smoothie Mix
* 1 1/4 cup Frozen Mixed Berries
* 1/2 can water
* Gerber or Heinz Rice Cereal
* 11.5 oz. Can Libby's Kerns Nectar With Calcium Added, Any Flavor
In blender or food processor, blend frozen berries with nectar and water. While blending, add rice cereal until ingredients have the consistency of a malt. May be frozen.
Free-For-All Fruit Smoothie Mix
* 1 1/4 cup frozen fruits
* 3/4 cup water
* 1 1/2 cups apple juice
* Gerber or Heinz Baby Rice Cereal
In blender or food processor, blend frozen berries with juice and water. While blending, add rice cereal until ingredients have the consistency of a malt. May be frozen.
Super Charged Egg Smoothie
* 1 Hard Boiled Egg, shell removed
* 1/4 cup Special K Cereal
* 1/4 cup apple juice or Libby's Kerns Nectar With Calcium Added
In blender or food processor, blend all ingredients well. Serve immediately.
Homemade Glider Nutri-Nectar
* Frozen fruit, any variety
* 1/2 tablespoon Dannon non-fat yogurt
In blender or food processor, blend all ingredients to a thin, liquid consistency.
Chicken Apple Mango Peach Crunch
* 1 sm apple, peeled, diced
* 1 chicken breast, skinned, boiled, boneless
* 1/4 cup Mott's Healthy Harvest Unsweetened Peach Medley Applesauce
* 1 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
In mixing bowl, mix ingredients well. On nonstick cookie sheet, place spoon-size balls one inch apart, and bake 20 minutes at 300 degrees.
Chicken Pot Pie
* 1/2 cup diced chicken breast, boiled, skinned, boneless
* 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
* 2 raw eggs
* 1 small sweet potato, boiled, peeled and chopped up
In mixing bowl, combine ingredients well. Spray mini-muffin pans with Pam and fill to top. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until beginning to brown, at 350 degrees.
Chicken Egg Drop Soup
* 1 chicken breast, skinned, diced
* 2- 2 1/2 cups water
* 3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 raw egg, mixed well
In saucepan, boil chicken for 10 minutes. Add mixed vegetables. Cook an additional 10 minutes. Bring to another boil. Slowly stir in raw egg, stirring only in one direction. Turn off heat as soon as you start pouring in the egg. Let cool and serve. Before serving, sprinkle with vitamins, if desired.
* 1 quart water
* 2 teaspoons molasses
* 1 teaspoon all natural apple cider vinegar (the kind you buy in the health food store)
Fill quart jar halfway with water. Add other ingredients. Shake to mix well. Add the rest of the water. Give to gliders once every two months to boost immunity and reduce the male scent.
Glider Elixir Use for medicinal purposes only!
* 1 part Wombaroo milk replacer
* 1 part Pedialyte
* 1 part Gerber Baby Rice Cereal
* 1 part fruit flavored yogurt
Mix. Give one to two teaspoons twice daily. Use this if a glider is depressed or has diarrhea until you can get to the vet (hopefully first thing in the morning).
Recipes gotten from Sugar Glider University
Last Updated ( Friday, 07 December 2007 )