Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Miami Sugar Glider April Meeting
Information
Apr 13 2008
11:33:28 PM
The Miami Sugar Glider Meet-up Meeting was held at my house today. We ate food, conducted business, and played games for prizes. there where 8 of us in the meeting and plus my mom and several nosey neighbors. What can I say...Some of us had gliders others chose to leave tem at home.

We had Italian Pasta salad, meatballs, split pea soup and bread, "papa rellenas" or stuffed meat potatoes, Italian pinwheels, chocolate fondue with strawberry's, marshmallows, and cookies, and lastly custard. We drank a peach slushy and had sodas. We ate a lot and I have a ton of dishes to wash!

We discussed in our meeting hygiene and the importance of handling the gliders safely. We don't pass the gliders around at all...I think the most that has been done in any meeting, is that one of us who has really good sight and is experienced, has cut a few nails. We discussed that a glider should not be present with any type of illness or on antibiotics and that sanitizer should be used regardless at all times, touching your own or petting someone else's. We discussed club dues and lastly, we discussed the importance of honesty and respect for each other in the group.

As activities, we had 3.
1st Activity we had a glider quiz. The person who one was Deb...here is a picture of her and her prize. It was a pouch and mirror for the cage.

2nd Activity was a word search. The person who one was Karina...here is a picture of her and her prize. It was a "flowered coconut playhouse", water bottle, and food dish.

3rd Activity was a crossword puzzle. The person who one was Mari...here is a picture of her and her prize. It was a cage set.

We had lots of fun. We laughed, exchanged ideas, and ate. What could be better than being surrounded by friends and our monkeys!

Edited by - Sandman on Apr 13 2008 11:35:46 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 14 2008
06:38:14 AM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
:) sounds like everyone had a blast!!! Oh, and the food looked absolutely delicious!!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 14 2008
05:09:43 PM
Roz Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Roz's Photo Album USA 902 Posts
Three cheers for Sandman...she had a fun filled, food feast and informative meeting. Everyone shares thoughts and ideas and asks whatever questions are on their minds.

Sandman (Ariana) did the little extras that make our meetings so much fun...example the go home candy boxes..for each member and guests..my non fur ball babies (ie grandkids) loved it...

Thank you again for hosting a fun meeting and for giving me a challenge to do as well for the May meeting.....May 18 Sun. at 1:00..

We enjoyed our new member Karina and missed Elizabeth who was home with one of her twins sick...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders