General Chat
New Painting
Next |
Page: of 2
New Painting
Pictures
Jun 15 2008
05:31:25 PM
Well - here it is. This my new oil painting which measures 20" and 16" - and took months to paint. The title is "Waterway Wanderer". I am now braced for any criticism, out and out laughter, whatever y'all want to dish out.

Close ups:

Pictures
Jun 15 2008
05:52:29 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
AMAZING!!!!! I cant believe the detail in the raccoon's coat. You must use a brush that has 3 hairs on it!!! Everything looks so real from the raccoon's eyes down to the leaf going downstream in the current.

This makes me think of Catman and all the raccoon rescues he does. This raccoon has been rescued and is now enjoying life to the fullest.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 15 2008
05:57:12 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
I don't see Catman in the picture.

The fur is amazing. How did you get a raccoon to sit still for that long while you painted its portrait?
Pictures
Jun 15 2008
05:58:55 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Thanks!! Getting it to hold still was the easy part. I just threatened it with a visit from Catman. He just froze in terror!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 15 2008
07:31:56 PM
bree_bree Super Glider GliderMap Visit bree_bree's Photo Album USA 237 Posts
OH MY LANTA!!!!!!
I love this painting!!!
I would so buy paintings from you if you sold them!
You are an amazing artist!
wow!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 15 2008
09:36:36 PM
vballsetter03 Joey USA 29 Posts
i have to agree with everyone else; it is breath taking..(is that one word or two?)
i love it!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 15 2008
11:25:59 PM
Flutter Super Glider Visit Flutter's Photo Album 205 Posts
oh gods thats awesome dizzy!
Pictures
Jun 15 2008
11:26:16 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
dizzysmom nice painting!I love the detail. I bet you use to paint
Dragons too.

quote:
Thanks!! Getting it to hold still was the easy part. I just threatened it with a visit from Catman. He just froze in terror!

Awwww

I wish my name would get them to freeze,it would make my life a whole lot easier.

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 15 2008
11:28:22 PM
Flutter Super Glider Visit Flutter's Photo Album 205 Posts
i cant even think of how you do the perfect detail,its like the real thing exept that its animated!
Pictures
Jun 16 2008
04:14:18 AM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Hey THANKS EVERYBODY!

Painting detail is what I love the most. I couldn't do an impressionistic painting if my life depended on it. I just paint one hair, then another, then another...

quote:
Originally posted by Catman
I bet you use to paint Dragons too.

Huh?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2008
06:57:41 AM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
Oh my word! Dizzysmom! I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Your work is so amazing and the detail... well I can't even find the words to describe how wonderful it is (wonderful just doesn't do it justice)! Also I love the title, very creative!
Pictures
Jun 16 2008
09:34:29 AM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
dizzysmom, i see you paint stuff with lots of detail, and the first thing that came to my mind was dragons or something with a lot of scales. I guess not
Great Raccoon though!!!
Pictures
Jun 16 2008
10:36:48 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Pictures
Jun 16 2008
04:25:01 PM
You guys are makin' me blush. * and I'm eatin' it up - who wouldn't? *

Well...I could do a komodo dragon. I've painted lots of snakes with scales, and fish with scales, and lizards with scales. Here's one of my gator paintings (but you can't really see the scales in the photo. Not sharp enough.) It's called: "See Ya Later, Alligator!"

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2008
04:28:14 PM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
wow!!!! once again the detail is so amazing!
Pictures
Jun 16 2008
05:17:08 PM
This shows the detail a bit better.

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2008
10:50:16 PM
vballsetter03 Joey USA 29 Posts
oh wow..that is amazing..it looks so real.
*round of applause, with whistles of course*
the water droplets are awesome! so are the feathers..u have soo much detail in these!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2008
11:03:14 PM
Roz Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Roz's Photo Album USA 902 Posts
Your ability is just amazing....as everyone says the detail is fantastic....you really need to do shows...gallery showings...I know your paintings would sell out.....
Pictures
Jun 17 2008
04:55:04 AM
Roz, that is what I used to do for a living - about 25 wildlife art shows a year across the country. And actually, I did quite well and was nationally known. That all had to come to an end because of my MS. The travel and physical labor involved in setting up and tearing down my 20' booth was more than I could handle. As a matter of fact, "See Ya Later, Alligator" was one of a short series of "scared spitless" paintings that I did when my nervous system began short-circuiting. I had no idea what was happening to me - just that I was going blind in my right eye. Of course, I was worried that the left would follow suit, and I was terrified.

Now ... you are the only folks that I can share them with; and I appreciate everyone's patience in allowing me to do so. A painting is nothing unless its voice is heard. Also, there are so many things that I am no longer capable of doing because of my disability. I've only recently discovered that I can still paint in spite of the spasms and lack of tactile feedback in my hands. So, I guess, I still need affirmation - just like anyone needs it for something that they are able to accomplish that requires extreme effort. I am grateful that I can still do it, and extremely grateful to all of you for your kind comments and for allowing me to show it.
Pictures
Jun 17 2008
12:53:39 PM
dranger1108 Glider GliderMap Visit dranger1108's Photo Album OK, USA 157 Posts
Have you done any featuring sugar gliders? I bet if you did one it would be amazing and a lot of us would buy prints!
Pictures
Jun 17 2008
05:42:32 PM
I'm not publishing prints anymore, because I've already got 54 sets of limited edition prints to keep track of. Too much like work. Frankly, I'm not at all interested in marketing my work anymore. I have collectors that buy my originals if I'm willing to part with 'em. That's enough.

Yep - I've done suggies. This is only suggie that I've kept. It's a miniature oil entitled "Gizmo" - Only about 3" x 1 1/2". Not a good photo of it though.

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 17 2008
11:30:19 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
Is it legal to save your photos as desktop backgrounds????
Pictures
Jun 18 2008
04:15:23 AM
The copyright laws used to say that it is okay to duplicate for personal use, but not for sale or profit. However, that was all changed when the software industry was developed.

Seeing as how I hold the copyright, go for it with my blessing. (I'm so flattered! ) * Just don't print it please *
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 18 2008
02:18:40 PM
hollisterbabi1995 Joey USA 11 Posts
those are really incredible. i wish i could paint like that :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 25 2008
03:43:30 PM
jrockkim Super Glider GliderMap Visit jrockkim's Photo Album USA 340 Posts
Wow. Those are amazing!!
Pictures
Jun 25 2008
03:49:11 PM
tootles Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap tootles's Journal 1981 Posts
ohh I had a raccoon once his name was Roger I loved him to pieces. So you could like send me one of a glider in the gift exchange. Those are truly amazing you have a wonderful talent.
Pictures
Jun 25 2008
04:39:58 PM
Well, thank you! I had one named Brandy, and she was a sweetheart too. But ... the little devils do get into everything, don't they?! Brandy climbed up onto the shelf in my bedroom closet and threw everything down just because it was fun to watch it crash.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 26 2008
12:42:45 AM
Roz Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Roz's Photo Album USA 902 Posts
your art should be seen by more then the glider community.....the beauty of it makes people happy, calm and brings such pleasure....that glider one is adorable. I still picture you having a quaint little store with your art for sale....Every post you do is amazing...so real...Thank you for sharing it with us....
Pictures
Jun 27 2008
05:23:00 AM
Awwww! Thank you Roz! It's funny because painting it makes me "happy, calm and brings such pleasure". Tomorrow, I'll start on the design to submit for the Christmas tree ornament. It's been a long time since I've painted a suggie, and I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you all again for being so kind!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2008
04:48:17 PM
LL Face Hugger Visit LL's Photo Album LL's Journal MO, USA 492 Posts
Wow where does the patience come for these paintings! There amazing! For me though after about 2 days I would have been like paint youself lol! The picture and detail is amazing you should really be proud of yourself!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 27 2008
05:22:44 PM
stilaintrite Glider GliderMap Visit stilaintrite's Photo Album 130 Posts
You have a amazing talent. Your paintings express your love for art & animals. The details are just breath taking. I find myself opening this thread just to stare at these paintings over & over. Brillant!!!!
I feel like I could just reach out and touch the animals in the pictures.
Thanks for sharing you talent with us very refreshing.
New Painting
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
New Painting