Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sadly, it's time to say goodbye...
Heated Debates
Aug 31 2008
06:40:34 PM
It is with great sadness that I post this. We've lost a long time forum member, FaceHugs.

She is no longer able to post on this forum because she's far too busy creating alternative identities in order to sell gliders as an unlicensed breeder. And her account has been locked. So, farewell Facehugs (71.203.255.19), and farewell coloredglidersrus (71.203.255.19), and farewell Katie Jones, Hipsterbabies and suggiegurl from GC.

If you have any heartwarming memories, please share them as we come to terms with this unfortunate loss. Here are some pictures from FaceHugs to remember her by.

www.hoobly.com/members/coloredglidersrus/
s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/coloredglidersrus/
www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/625251/100_leu_male_and_female
Edit: The pages above where removed, so here are screenshots:

I'd also like to point out she's used a Korean proxy to hide her identity when creating an alternative account on this forum. I don't know how to say goodbye in Korean, but I would if I could.

In all seriousness, some will say that this was a long time coming, and others will be surprised. For those that are surprised by this, let me shed some light on this.

This person was banned from GC many years ago for taking orders and money for glider items, pouches or toys or some such thing, and then never sending people what they paid for. I know this through the grapevine, and I've never seen or been given any concrete proof of this from GliderCentral administrators. The best I could assume was that it was just hearsay. I gave this person the benefit of the doubt to post here under the condition that she not sell anything, ever. The idea was that if she had done those things in the past that she was accused of, she could be given a second chance as long as she doesn't do it again. And if those accusations were fake, then not allowing her to post things for sale here would not be an issue if she wasn't doing them in the first place.

She's been accused of many things, and one of the more recent and serious accusations came from someone with a less than stellar reputation. The accuser was lying to make a point, so it was difficult to know what was true and what wasn't regarding her accusations. So, again, FaceHugs got the benefit of the doubt. In summary, Facehugs was accused of telling someone that she was a rescuer and then taking in some gliders, and then never paying for them even though she agreed to. Another part of the accusations where that she was buying and selling gliders on other forums. I asked the accuser for proof and was never given any despite multiple requests for their so called proof.

So, I've not done anything till now. What I've noticed is that FaceHugs has created another account on this forum in order to sell gliders. I view this behavior as fraudulent and I do not tolerate it. She went out of her way to use a proxy service in Korea to hide her identity when signing up for the forum. To use a foreign proxy to hide one's IP address shows intent. This is a deliberate action to hide under the radar. Luckily, Facehugs got sloppy. Her alias is definitely as a breeder, which is completely opposite of what she purports to be as under the guise of the FaceHugs alias.

For anyone still wondering why, I'm not going to post every single shred of evidence that I've collected. But I will say that I'm not going to just outright ban someone like this without having proof of such deceptive practices. Unfortunately I have a bunch of emails from FaceHugs and her alias where she's trying to buy gliders from people or take them in as a rescue and then as someone reselling them. It's quite sad.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2008
06:58:59 PM
Whitney74 Glider GliderMap Visit Whitney74's Photo Album VA, USA 170 Posts
see ya wouldnt wanna be ya...not at this moment at least...
Heated Debates
Aug 31 2008
07:01:18 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Heated Debates
Aug 31 2008
07:26:50 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Unfortunately, Im not shocked by all of this. Ive heard all those rumors, too. Sometimes, you really dont know what or who to believe. I hate to hear that she was given a chance to prove herself here and didnt. When trust is broken - generally, its gone for good. Eric, you did the right thing. The members here must be protected from someone who is up to no good.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2008
07:29:07 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
I always thought colored gliders r us was a very poor name for someone based out of TN, where Sugar gliders r us is based out of.

I just thought it was ironic
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2008
07:30:15 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I guess Tootles is the official gift exchanger-upper!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 31 2008
07:31:19 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
I wanna help you tootles if you ever want help
Off topic chat
Aug 31 2008
07:42:04 PM
Oh, and here you go, Eric...

#50504;#45397;

edited: Oops, that was a Korean symbol for "goodbye" but it didn't translate quite so well. LOL

Edited by - kyro298 on Aug 31 2008 07:43:05 PM
Heated Debates
Aug 31 2008
09:22:36 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Thanks for watching our backs Eric.
Heated Debates
Aug 31 2008
10:33:47 PM
Sugarmomma2 Glider Visit Sugarmomma2's Photo Album USA 147 Posts
How sad that someone would do that. Thanks Eric for taking care of us.
Heated Debates
Sep 01 2008
12:26:16 AM
tinkertoy Face Hugger Visit tinkertoy's Photo Album FL, USA 801 Posts
I have been around long enough to know Facehugs and I really hate that. You just want to believe everyone is honest. Thanks for looking out for us Eric. You are Big Brother and I mean that in a good way.
Heated Debates
Sep 01 2008
03:23:34 PM
tootles Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap tootles's Journal 1981 Posts
I recieved an e-mail from her today Titled(WTF?) here is what she had to say to me.
Yes I set up another account. I was ashamed I could no longer take care of my gliders and that things got too tough being in the hospital so much the past year. My husband was going to be relocated and I thought it was a good time to find them homes. luckily we didnt have to go out of state and just to Oak Ridge (thus the proxy server I had to use) I have not taken in any gliders in over a year and a half. These are all my pets and all males are fixed and have been fixed for awhile

Heated Debates
Sep 01 2008
03:32:10 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
That is very sad, Tracy. It's a shame she didnt contact Eric regarding their agreement and discuss her situation with him. Its always best to be honest...
Heated Debates
Sep 01 2008
05:47:18 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
I don't believe a word of it. She sent an email to someone on here on Aug 14 saying she has a "lue/lue pair and would love to have another." And then proceeds to ask about their lineages as well as if they've had joeys.

And earlier this year in April, trying to buy more luecistics and het luecistic gliders, even asking about a payment plan and shipping. She even tried to get the gliders mentioned in this ad.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 01 2008
06:40:46 PM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
:( oh my.
Heated Debates
Sep 02 2008
08:41:51 AM
foreverfreeplay Starting Member foreverfreeplay's Journal 3 Posts
I am new on here.To see that someone would exploit others and animals also is disturbing to me.Although it is done more than we would like to think.Thank you Eric for not allowing her to continue to do that on here.
Heated Debates
Sep 02 2008
09:41:29 AM
jannee66 Starting Member 5 Posts
WOW!!!!
Heated Debates
Sep 02 2008
01:25:41 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Heated Debates
Sep 02 2008
01:28:05 PM
simisoni Super Glider GliderMap Visit simisoni's Photo Album FL, USA 232 Posts
It's sad that this kind of thing happens. Unfortunately it seems to happen everywhere that pets are sold. Thanks for watching out for us, Eric!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2008
03:07:43 PM
LL Face Hugger Visit LL's Photo Album LL's Journal MO, USA 492 Posts
Thanks for watching our backs Eric! We really appreciate it!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2008
06:59:42 PM
Stripedfire Super Glider GliderMap Visit Stripedfire's Photo Album Stripedfire's Journal USA 386 Posts
How do you know for sure it was her? Did they all have the same email, name, number or admit it? I'm just curious. Thanks for warning us about it, though!
Heated Debates
Sep 02 2008
07:11:43 PM
SGold Super Glider GliderMap Visit SGold's Photo Album SGold's Journal USA 353 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Stripedfire

How do you know for sure it was her? Did they all have the same email, name, number or admit it? I'm just curious. Thanks for warning us about it, though!

quote:
So, farewell Facehugs (71.203.255.19), and farewell coloredglidersrus (71.203.255.19)
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2008
08:22:21 PM
Stripedfire Super Glider GliderMap Visit Stripedfire's Photo Album Stripedfire's Journal USA 386 Posts
Ah! So that's what those were for. I thought they were just a typo or something :D lol. Thanks for answering that
Heated Debates
Sep 03 2008
12:01:16 AM
Roz Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Roz's Photo Album USA 902 Posts
Boy do I feel stupid...I thought she was a super nice lady with alot of saddness having a child that needed atransplant and one born premie...I was wondering about her doing the gift exchange when Zoe was born and kept in the hospital...

She sent me an e mail about being banned tonight and I was shocked...she always seemed like a nice, young mama and animal lover....I never knew she sold stuff and didn't deliver....if that happened on GC and it was a proven fact why was she ever allowed to come here???? Really sad...you chat and e mail a person and then they turn out not to be the person you thought they were

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat