IF YOUR GLIDERS EATS CHOCOLATE
I would suggest you call your vet and have them on "alert".
Here are some things I found regarding chocolate toxicity:
What are the signs of toxicity?
Signs are most commonly seen within 12 hours (or less) of chocolate ingestion.
* Excitement / nervousness / trembling
* Vomiting / diarrhea
* Excessive thirst / sometimes excessive urination (at higher levels of Theobromine toxicity)
* Muscle spasms
* Coma (rare
* Death (rare) -- likely due to heart rhythm abnormalities.
How is chocolate toxicity treated?
If you suspect that your pet has eaten chocolate , call your veterinarian for advice. The toxicity of Theobromine is dose dependent. This means that the size of your pet, the type of chocolate, and quantity of chocolate determine if or how toxic it is for your pet.
There is no specific antidote for Theobromine toxicity. Medical treatmentis supportive, and may include all or some of the following:
* IV fluids - to prevent dehydration from vomiting, diarrhea, and /or increased urination, and to "flush" the Theobromine out of the system.
* Emetics - medications that induce vomiting. Used when the ingestion of chocolate is within 4 hours. Up to 6-8 hours post chocolate ingestion may be effective.
* Activated charcoal - for ingestion greater than 4 hours prior to treatment, or for patients that show continued signs of toxicity.
* Anti-seizure medications - for patients having seizures and/or muscle tremors.
* Cardiac medications - for patients exhibiting irregular heart rates or rhythms.