General Chat
Unlikely things about you
Next |
Page: of 4
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
04:12:29 PM
What are some things that people would be surprised to know about you?

Mine...I like to spray whipped cream from a can into a mug and eat it with a spoon!

Give me some old school hip hop/rap (as in 80's) and you'll put me in the best mood ever. Don't worry-it even sounds strange to me.

I can wiggle my ears

I'm a word game junkie

I lost my baby blanket in the hospital when I had my daughter...they took it with the linens and I never saw it again. Boohooohooohooohooo!

I like doing things by myself (except going out to eat)

I love gray hair on men

I know there's more, even I think I'm weird LOL

I know this is weird...my absolute most biggest fear in the WORLD is...
THE DENTIST. My hubby has to make my appts, they know to call him to even confirm, they have to put me out...even for a cleaning. I cry before and after in the parking lot and can't drive myself because it gets so bad. They even know when they're putting me out not to talk to me because I'm bottled up somewhere in my head and probably wouldn't hear them anyway. I'm well aware how silly it is and the older I get, the worse it gets. I can't remember any horrific experiences at the dentist so I don't know where this came from. I can't even watch scenes with a dentist on TV or in the movies.

Edited by - kyro298 on Oct 01 2008 08:54:10 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
04:27:21 PM
LovingLife123 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit LovingLife123's Photo Album LovingLife123's Journal USA 1069 Posts
i agree with the gray hair on men... my honey has a few already! :)
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
04:43:20 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
I have never been in jail.

Or a cop car!

Edited by - Catman on Sep 30 2008 04:43:45 PM
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
04:47:10 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Catman

Or a cop car!

You're right, unlikely....

J/K!

My hubby has a few himself LOL

Anyone else???

Edited by - kyro298 on Sep 30 2008 04:53:40 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
05:08:59 PM
SGold Super Glider GliderMap Visit SGold's Photo Album SGold's Journal USA 353 Posts
quote:
Give me some old school hip hop/rap (as in 80's) and you'll put me in the best mood ever. Don't worry-it even sounds strange to me.

YES! this goes for classic rock as well.

i used to be left-handed. my grandma saw though and thought i was possessed by the devil so she made me switch to being right-handed.

i have been fishing ever since i was out of the womb.

i prefer my NES console over my Wii most of the time. or any new platform for that matter.

i'm not sure how or why but i started saying i would study computer science in the 6th grade. NERD!

i actually wasn't supposed to be born but alas, i am a miracle.

i was born yellow! incy baby

i had a pet baby boar when i was younger. he now resides at the local zoo.

Edited by - SGold on Sep 30 2008 05:10:14 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
06:00:17 PM
noeld2006 Super Glider GliderMap Visit noeld2006's Photo Album USA 371 Posts
haha SGOLD did you get the left handed devil thing from american dad? that episode is funny!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
06:31:48 PM
best_friendz2 Face Hugger Visit best_friendz2's Photo Album 841 Posts
I am left handed (only 3% of world is.)

I can bend my hand back to tuch my wrist.

I can flip my eyelids inside out.

I was born 3 weeks early had 9% chance of sirvival yet wieghed 9.9 lbs.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
06:40:56 PM
sara_dawn70634 Glider GliderMap Visit sara_dawn70634's Photo Album LA, USA 157 Posts
So this is just a friendly topic right and no one is going to judge???
I was also born yellow (jaundice) and tiny.
I'm ambidextrous.
I used to be obsessed with rap and now I can't stand it (it's really gotten pointless)
I love old rock and roll (I mean old like Big Bands lol)
I LOVE cheese and will eat it by itself.
I HAVE to have a shower EVERY night and brush my teeth EVERY night and morning or I can't function.
I'm wiccan...
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
07:10:41 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
Hmmmmm, what do I want to disclose?.....LOL

* I did not get married until I was 35 years old

* I find most people to be annoying and prefer to spend time with animals and/or babies and small children

* For most of their lives, my whole world revolved around my two daughter's and now that they are teens it usually seems as if they hate me

* I do not like cats (at all) or dogs (small dogs are OK but do not want them living at my house -- just visiting) or any animal that might be considered a "traditional pet"

* Contrary to what was posted in another thread (about me being retarded) I am actually kind of intelligent. well, at least I used to be.....ha ha ha

I am sure that there is much more but that's all I can think of for now.

Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
07:20:32 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Catman

Or a cop car!

I am just curious what it is about Catman that he thinks people would assume that he's been to jail or at least in a cop car?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
07:32:32 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I think it's just the long hair...I don't know Scott, what is it??? LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
07:59:27 PM
sugarnanny Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit sugarnanny's Photo Album 1000 Posts
I am a genuine chocoholic, that if I don't eat it 4-5 times a day I go into withdraws everytime I try to quit, with the shakes and nervousness

never smoked, but my entire family does and my ex husband

scared to death of snakes that even grass snakes will scare me so much that if my bladder is full when I see one, well accidents do happen when you get older

addicted to sudoku
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
09:05:47 PM
SGold Super Glider GliderMap Visit SGold's Photo Album SGold's Journal USA 353 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by noeld2006

haha SGOLD did you get the left handed devil thing from american dad? that episode is funny!

no, i got it from my grandma.... and history.

quote:
[I am left handed (only 3% of world is.)

i read somewhere that it was 11% is? its been a while though.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
09:10:34 PM
My hubby is a lefty too!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
09:21:09 PM
its weird cause my dad and my younger sister is a lefty.
i would have been too! i'm ambidextrous though so i get
the best of both worlds i guess haha.
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
09:53:13 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
I was in a motor cycle accident when I was 13 and was hospitalized for over 3 months - almost lost my left leg.

At 15, a friend and I were going to sneak out of the house and hitchhike to Woodstock. My parents caught us and well - we obviously didnt make it. That is still one of the huge disappointments of my life...

At 16,I was set up for a date with The Doobie Brothers lead singer - Tom Johnston (his cousin lives here and is a good friend of mine). I met him at the bowling alley and after spending some time with him decided I didnt like him due to his drug use....

I had my first son when I was 17.

I lived in Germany for a year in 1971-72.

I taught Confirmation class (8th grade) for St David's Catholic Church for 8 years. Some of my very good friends are priests.

Major pet peeve is when someone just shows up at my house without calling first.

I showed my dogs for 11 years in conformation. Am a member of the Bichon Frise Club of American and Greater St Louis Bichon Frise Club. And did Bichon Rescue for 11 years.

I, too, love animals more than most people...

I salt my ketchup.

Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
09:54:14 PM
guitargeek01 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit guitargeek01's Photo Album guitargeek01's Journal IL, USA 718 Posts
I think guitar hero is a waste of time.

Im on a mission to find my birth mother (have been for a few years)

Im a mad elvis fan (even though im a teen)

Im very very shy to cashiers and waiters etc.

Im pretty sure my dog knows me better then my own family!

I stand like a penguin...its just how my feet are
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
09:56:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rita

Major pet peeve is when someone just shows up at my house without calling first.

Yes!! Yes!! I cannot even begin to tell you how much this should also be on my list!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
10:07:56 PM
silverlinedcloud Glider Visit silverlinedcloud's Photo Album USA 198 Posts
I actually know another person with that left-handed forced to be right handed thing b/c of the "devil." Strangeness in this world..which is why I totally also agree with GizmonRoosMommy...I find lots of humans annoying too, and prefer animals and children! I love the gray, more salt n pepper, hair too :)

I (still) love Metallica. And, I really like the song Mandy by Barry Manilow lololol

I look younger than I am and still get carded...for cigarettes....my really bad bad habit. But I blame it on stress, so that makes it okay; kind of like eating chocolate while standing up adds no pounds.

I've been in more than 10 countries and love to travel.

I sued the IRS. I also sued an international mafia. Both cases are still in court.

My ex husband is about $12,000 behind in child support.

Despite the fact that I went to one of the top business schools in the country, I am currently a stay at home mom with no motivation to go back into the business world...ever. I am working on getting my alternative teacher certification.

I'm a fairly boring soccer mom who not so secretly makes fun of other soccer moms for being soccer moms.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
10:09:41 PM
silverlinedcloud Glider Visit silverlinedcloud's Photo Album USA 198 Posts
Rita..while that is all actually pretty cool, you do know you just aged yourself with some of those :) :) :) Kind of like when we are out and my husband starts a conversation with someone by saing "back when I flew in the cold war" LOLOLOL
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
10:26:18 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Ah, yes!!! Im an old broad - but that's alright with me. I better love "silver" hair - have plenty of it myself!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
11:17:53 PM
DebbieD Joey 32 Posts
I'm almost with Rita on the pet peeve thing about people not calling before they show up...my major pet peeve is stupidity..just plain old non-thinking, disrespectful stupidity!!

My hair is PLATINUM BLONDE, thank you very much!

I'm an old hippy in disguise as Grandma!

I, too, like my animals more than I do most people...

I quit smoking 3 years ago and still find myself wanting a cigarette....

I have always said that if I could be half the woman my mother was I would be somebody...guess I missed the boat 'cause she didn't smoke!

I am a serious CSI addict.....kind of don't have a life,huh?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
11:18:55 PM
DebbieD Joey 32 Posts
Oh, and I am a lefty too! Lefties are in their right mind ya know!
Off topic chat
Sep 30 2008
11:24:55 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
WOw its crazy trying to think of the things that nobody would suspect of me.

I dont have a country accent.

Eric says I sound like judy garland, but Rita knows I dont sing like her. Hahaha.

I've never had many friends my own age. I can only count four "best" friends my age in my life.

I'm very sensitive to loud noises.

I'm very jumpy so if someone is standing in a room and they dont announce they are present and I see them I will scream.

I have nightmares every night and I wake up about once every hour each night. I sleepwalk too, not as much now as I used to but when I lived with my grandmother she would never know where to find me in the morning, usually I was in the hallway floor though.

I'm afraid of the dark if I'm inside. If I'm outside I'm ok being in the dark because I can always run, but inside I am trapped.

Edited by - Ahsaehr on Sep 30 2008 11:26:20 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
11:29:27 PM
simisoni Super Glider GliderMap Visit simisoni's Photo Album FL, USA 232 Posts
No one's ever shown up to my place unannounced, so I'm not sure how I feel about that.

My hair changes color every few months. Right now it is brown/red/black. I need to pick my next color, it's either going to be black or red. Maybe blonde.

I get very ill around cigarette smoke. My husband quit five packs a day cold turkey in order to be with me. He hasn't had a cigarette since March.

My dvr is trying to rule my life.

I found my biological mother earlier this year, right after I turned 20. We hadn't seen each other since I was a few weeks old. We both order food the exact same way. It's really creepy.

I've been trained to sing opera and I love it.

I model professionally in my spare time. Basically whenever I get off my lazy butt and answer some of the emails I get from photographers, which hasn't been often lately.

My husband hates my biological mother, my father hates my husband, my stepmom hates me and my husband, and I love them all except for my stepmom because she's just plain evil. (Cinderella ain't got nothing on me, lol). Think I can get my own reality show?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 30 2008
11:47:00 PM
It's amazing how much I have in common with most of you, except Silverlinedcloud...what's so unusual about suing an international mafia??? Haven't we all done that?!?!?

NOT!!!!!! That's plain craziness! Maybe when it's over, we can hear details? I'm intrigued...
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 01 2008
12:07:42 AM
i'll say.
Off topic chat
Oct 01 2008
05:22:01 AM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Well, as long as we're all putting outselves out there:

I drank a bottle of turpentine at 1 1/2 years of age. * guess painting is in my blood *

I sucked my thumb until I was 11, now I smoke instead. But, I make my own smokes with tobacco that doesn't have any of the nasty additives.

I also can't stand uninvited guests either because Hubby and I are very reclusive.

Lost my eyesight for nearly 3 months because of a freak accident in my early 20's. Now my pupils don't function properly, so I look like I'm terminally stoned; but I can see like a cat in the dark.

Most of my friends all of my life have been guys.

My Hubby was an actual rocket scientist, and was one of the engineers that worked on the LEM unit (Lunar Excursion Module).

I have an IQ just 10 points less than what Einstein's was, but I usually feel about as sharp as a beachball.

I can't seem to understand that some folks are taller than I am (5'3") and can actually see the dust on top of the refrigerator.

My hearing is so acute that I can just about hear a flea fart 15 feet away.

I've never flown a kite.

I can't feel the ground under my feet unless I'm walking. If I'm just standing - it's just not there.

I got into an argument with a black bear in Yellowstone - and lost. I had 3 long claw furrows on the top of my head extending down to my forehead.

I'm not afraid to canoe with alligators, but spiders can make me do really exotic dances and squeal like a little girl.

Edited by - dizzysmom on Oct 01 2008 06:02:34 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 01 2008
05:57:58 AM
suggieluv Super Glider GliderMap Visit suggieluv's Photo Album SC, USA 361 Posts
ok let me see here. i have 90% of all steven king books both 1st editions and soft backs for those and i have read the gunslinger series 30 times plus and am working on the 3rd book, AGAIN.

i have ALL my buttons on the car radio set to STEVE FM, love me some steve, he plays everything i grew up with and then some.

i love horror movies even though i gag at the gross parts.

i still cry when i watch steal magnolias.

i have one best friend outside both families. i don't make friends very easy,don't know why. i like to think i'm a nice person, i would give anyone the shirt off my back, if they could wear it. bad joke, sorry.

i am scared to death of spiders and have been since my oldest son was bit by a black widow in pre-school.

i will hold a SMALL garden snake.

i could go on, but i think this is good enough.

oh, i do hate talking on the phone and making phone calls

ok, NOW thats enough. i think i went alittle over board on this topic.
Off topic chat
Oct 01 2008
07:46:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by kyro298

It's amazing how much I have in common with most of you, except Silverlinedcloud...what's so unusual about suing an international mafia??? Haven't we all done that?!?!?

NOT!!!!!! That's plain craziness! Maybe when it's over, we can hear details? I'm intrigued...

Yes this would be an interesting story to hear.....
Off topic chat
Oct 01 2008
08:11:53 AM
tootles Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap tootles's Journal 1981 Posts
I was an 80's child big hair and all LOL

I always wanted to be a vet tech since I was 7 and so I did that and dog grooming and worked as a rescue and foster house and worked at a pet store all before I had kids!

I was married once before to my high school sweetheart at the age of 18 lasted 7yrs with no kiddo's

I hate drawers or cubbards being left open.

I have 2 boys ages 7 today and age 8 he turns 9 in 27 days.

I have dogs also at one time I had 12 dogs yep I saved them all.

I cry easily at all commercials most of the time sappy ones.

I have out lived my oldest sister( I miss her so much) She lived to 33

I was a high school band geek!!! I played the trumpet

I had a charlie brown pillow case since I was 7 I think till I was in my mid 20's I loved that thing.

oh and I have super sonic hearing as I put it.

Edited by - tootles on Oct 01 2008 08:13:52 AM
Next |
Page: of 4

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat