Sugar Gliders
Guess what I have
Next |
Page: of 4
Guess what I have
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 17 2009
09:22:15 PM
At about 8pm about the normal time. I went to take Maverick and Dakota out. Took out the shirt and opened it a little. Maverick stuck his head out and then Dakota and then I saw something very little, strange. I picked Maverick up and he went right down my shirt. Dakota turned away and started to what looked like clean herself. I waited few seconds. She looked at me and I when I went to pick her up. Guess what was out of her, looked like a little pink baby. She jumped back down and scooped it up. she looked at me again and I picked her up and she ran down my shirt. Just few min. after lowering their bed stuff, I took them out to let them see. Never got them to go back into the cage, both went poo and pee and then back down my shirt. This isn't a good pic but can u tell what it might be.

Edited by - THEHYLAND on Jan 17 2009 09:28:20 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 17 2009
10:49:33 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
Sorry Jerry, I can't make it out. Maybe someone with better eyes...
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2009
10:57:31 PM
KimmieDawn Glider GliderMap Visit KimmieDawn's Photo Album USA 142 Posts
congrats, you got a baby!! so very teeny tiny.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 17 2009
11:10:05 PM
prettyinpink Glider Visit prettyinpink's Photo Album prettyinpink's Journal TX, USA 71 Posts
Congrats!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 17 2009
11:15:11 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
Use the macro feature on your camera for less blurry ones if you have it.

It is distinguished by a flower.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2009
11:04:38 AM
mccubbins7 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit mccubbins7's Photo Album USA 681 Posts
awww look at the tiny baby =]
how cute i was just lookin at her freakin lumps and now im lookin at the end product.. =]
awwwww the was reallt speedy =]
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
12:39:29 PM
MrsAych Super Glider Visit MrsAych's Photo Album USA 222 Posts
Awwwww! How sweet!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
05:13:12 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Wife took the first pic. Here is two better pic's. I wonder both of her pouches are big but I only have seen one baby. Do they come out at different times.

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
05:31:19 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
OhMyGoodness! It's sooo tiny!! I think that they need to cook a bit longer.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
06:00:53 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
I know I couldn't believe it when I saw it yesterday. I didn't think they would be ready til the end of January.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
06:05:50 PM
mtb Face Hugger Visit mtb's Photo Album USA 950 Posts
Amazing!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2009
06:25:53 PM
BabyGirl Face Hugger Visit BabyGirl's Photo Album BabyGirl's Journal USA 576 Posts
Sounds like you have a good mama on your hands! From what I've read, they don't usually do this. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. If the baby doesn't make it to the pouch on their own, they usually die. This is a good sign! Also, I thought once the baby made it to the pouch, they lock onto a nipple until they are just about ready to come OOP?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
06:56:32 PM
Thats just what I read on suz site. I saw the baby yesterday at about 8pm. I kept Maverick and Dakota down my shirt till about 11pm they were ready to come out and play. Both of Dakotas pouches were very full and firm. I let them play for about an hour. They went all over the family room. This morning same thing I let them out to play and we played for about a good hour. I checked on the bed, jsut to be safe and no baby, baby was inside of mom. Tonight I checked and the two pic's is what u see. I was surprised to see the baby out again. As I looked inside of the shirt mom and dad just let me do what I wanted. Then mom and dad started to clean the baby. After a bit I decided I would put them all back in the cage and take them out later, the normal time. In my own oppion I think the baby is to small to be coming in and out of the pouch like that but who knows. I wonder could someone give me more advise on that? If I can I will get more pic's later and post them or just post. If I can't I will have to do it on Tuesday, no comp use for this at work, bummer.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
07:12:27 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
Oh my goodness Jerry! S/He looks so fragile! I can't believe s/he is out already! Looks like a little fetus, not even an actual baby yet!

When were you expecting them OOP?

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2009
08:25:37 PM
Rach Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Rach's Photo Album 626 Posts
Maybe she had older joeys in pouch and for what ever reason she doesnt anymore and this one has only just recently gone into the pouch, Or she may have an older joey in pouch still wich is stretching the pouch exposing the newer joey.
Try not to handle her too much I would say it may stress her and the joey.

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2009
08:42:25 PM
AngieH Face Hugger GliderMap Visit AngieH's Photo Album 934 Posts
wow! So tiny. Please let us know how the baby is doing. I would keep a close eye on it.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
10:34:09 PM
Ok at 8pm I checked on them and the baby was back in the pouch. I took Maverick and let him go down my shirt. I waited a few mins. to see what Dakota was going to do and she just looked at me like hey what about me. So I took her out and checked her underside both pouches look big and firm. She took off and went down my shirt. They just woke,1120, up and started to crawl around my shirt. I Dakota crawled out first of my shirt first. I checked the baby is still inside of her. If u look hard u can see the opening to the one side. I put Dakota into the cage to eat, she went right for the fresh shrimp. Few minutes later Maverick crawled out and I put him back into the cage. He sat at the doorway to the kitchen, like he was waiting for Dakota to finish, now he is running in the stealth. I will check again in the morning for play time. Then they will be left in the cage for the next 24 hrs plus. I will have my wife check on them tomorrow when they get feed. So far looks like everything is fine.

quote:
Rach Posted - Today : 09:25:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe she had older joeys in pouch and for what ever reason she doesnt anymore and this one has only just recently gone into the pouch, Or she may have an older joey in pouch still wich is stretching the pouch exposing the newer joey.
Try not to handle her too much I would say it may stress her and the joey.

After reading about cycles and stuff on suz site, u could be right. One bigger pushing the other out. Or mom just getting the joey out and cleaning him/her. So far I have only seen one. I know there have been no others unless they ate it because there is nothing in the cage that would lead to that. The cage and bedding is spotless.

So should I still let them go down my shirt at night or just leave them alone for couple of weeks?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 18 2009
10:51:39 PM
tinkertoy Face Hugger Visit tinkertoy's Photo Album FL, USA 801 Posts
Yep, That's a baby. Congrats Jerry. Your a new daddy.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
12:57:44 AM
BabyGirl Face Hugger Visit BabyGirl's Photo Album BabyGirl's Journal USA 576 Posts
How's the group doing today? How about the little one? Keep us posted!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
06:56:28 AM
Rach Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Rach's Photo Album 626 Posts
I had one of my Squirrel gliders have her joeys eaten and there wasnt a scrap left gross hey.
If I were you I would not handle her as much as you normally would
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 20 2009
08:36:12 AM
Ok everything still going great. Yesterday morning I let them out to play for about a half hour. Checked on Dakota both pouches still appear to be a good size and firm. I checked the bedding and nothing in it. The way Dakota is playing, running and jumping u would not know she is carring a baby or babies. Yesterday my wife said that at about 3pm they were up and playing, everything was looking great. I went home from work before I went to my other job, here now, and checked on them. Everything looked great. Checked Dakota out and still firm and big. Nothing in the bedding. I have a thought. Maybe she had the one if saw first and it was making it's way to the pouch. Then the next day she had the other one and I just got lucky again to see that one making it's way to the pouch. Just a thought. I realy think she took the baby out to clean/groom it. I will keep u guess posted later on tonight.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 20 2009
09:23:42 AM
tisha Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit tisha's Photo Album tisha's Journal OK, USA 2081 Posts
awwww!! SO CUTE! Does this make you a grand-pop?

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
10:49:44 AM
Belinda Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Belinda's Photo Album FL, USA 944 Posts
I think that one is a bit big to just be making its way into the pouch. I think they are only about a centimeter long when they first journey into the pouch.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
01:55:39 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
Yes, when they go into pouch they dont have legs or anything. They look like a gummy bear. I know someone on here has a photo of it. Its creepy.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
01:58:54 PM
Graphic image:

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
02:08:35 PM
mccubbins7 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit mccubbins7's Photo Album USA 681 Posts
i know sad so tiny..
=[
i hate seeing this pic.. yet its amazing how tiny it is..
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
02:14:11 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
It does look REALLY tiny...and bald. I know some of the joeys that have color variations look bald when they come OOP but that joey really is small. If mom is still taking care of it though, that's awesome! You're always really attentive to them so I'd just keep an eye out.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 20 2009
07:07:46 PM
Up date. I got to spend about 15-20 min. with Dakota and her baby/babies. I think I saw two one in the pouch and one out, but not sure the the baby out is pretty good size. Hard to see when her tail keeps getting in the way, I have new pic/video.

Ok I don't know if this is how u do it, but here it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaMEE5Eoyhs&feature=channel_page

Edited by - THEHYLAND on Jan 20 2009 07:36:38 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
08:14:59 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I think Maverick has passed on some of his coloring...
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
09:20:08 PM
jtsangels27 Super Glider GliderMap Visit jtsangels27's Photo Album AR, USA 344 Posts
Thanks for sharing you did a good job on the video too!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2009
09:23:27 PM
prettyinpink Glider Visit prettyinpink's Photo Album prettyinpink's Journal TX, USA 71 Posts
Ahsaehr! IS that a real pic of a joey? What is that? :O
Guess what I have
Next |
Page: of 4

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Guess what I have