Sugar Gliders
New!!!! How to Sew Videos!!!!
Next |
Page: of 2
Information
Mar 15 2009
11:15:00 PM
Amanda graciously gave me permission to post 3 of her brand new how to sew videos!!! First one is how to make a double fleece bonding pouch with zipper.

2nd one is how to make a double fleece sleeping pouch.

And 3rd one is how to make a corner hammock!

These are WONDERFUL!!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/sugarsliders/howdoi.htm
Funny
Mar 15 2009
11:17:10 PM
SuggieGal17 Glider USA 85 Posts
thank you for posting these

Edited by - SuggieGal17 on Mar 16 2009 12:04:18 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 16 2009
09:41:33 PM
dragonracer Glider Visit dragonracer's Photo Album USA 142 Posts
Yes, Thank you so much for posting these!
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 16 2009
09:45:46 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I am NOT looking...I've learned the more I know, the more I'm expected to do. i.e. If my hubby thinks I can sew (which I CANNOT), then he'd expect me to make my own stuff. No thank you!!! LOL
Information
Mar 16 2009
09:48:54 PM
mtb Face Hugger Visit mtb's Photo Album USA 950 Posts
Thanks Rita and Amanda. Now I just have to get a sewing machine.
Information
Mar 16 2009
09:59:52 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by kyro298

I am NOT looking...I've learned the more I know, the more I'm expected to do. i.e. If my hubby thinks I can sew (which I CANNOT), then he'd expect me to make my own stuff. No thank you!!! LOL

That's an excellent point, Kylah. I'm not looking either.

BUT Rita, it was nice of you to post it for those who do want to do it themselves. I just prefer to keep the vendors in business.
Information
Mar 16 2009
10:15:50 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Oh, I dont sew either!!! Ive been keeping the vendors in business for almost 3 years now!

I even purchased a sewing machine - a brand spanking new one! Got it out, spent 3 hours trying to thread the darned thing - got very frustrated - put it away and its sat in the back of my closet ever since. It was a very costly purchase and I could have had QUITE a few cage sets made for what I spent on it!
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 17 2009
12:13:56 AM
prdycool Face Hugger GliderMap Visit prdycool's Photo Album prdycool's Journal USA 694 Posts
Haha Rita that's why I got one that auto threads- best invention ever!!

And these videos are great! I really didn't understand how to get two layers of boxed corners before this video! My sewing machine is at home but this summer I will definitely be making cage sets! I made a bunch of no sew sets when I first got my pair but now my pair are five and don't have many sets with big enough pouches.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 17 2009
12:41:52 AM
lovely1inred Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit lovely1inred's Photo Album 1144 Posts
I bookmarked the page! I am a beginner sewer so I can do just a tiny bit beyond threading the machine, lol. Rita, you ought to sell your machine, you could probably get a good chunk of money for it. I finally found mine, I thought my mother had given it away but apparently not. It's an old clunky one that has to be from the 50s but it's a lot less complicated to figure out, which makes it perfect for me!
Information
Mar 17 2009
06:52:06 AM
glider_mommy Face Hugger Visit glider_mommy's Photo Album AL, USA 931 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by kyro298

My philosophy exactly! Sometimes ignorance is bliss..lol If I don't know how to make them then my husband can't grip when I buy them..
Information
Mar 17 2009
08:12:33 AM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Rita

Oh, I dont sew either!!! Ive been keeping the vendors in business for almost 3 years now!

I even purchased a sewing machine - a brand spanking new one! Got it out, spent 3 hours trying to thread the darned thing - got very frustrated - put it away and its sat in the back of my closet ever since. It was a very costly purchase and I could have had QUITE a few cage sets made for what I spent on it!

See? Who needs that extra frustration and wasted money???

Information
Mar 17 2009
11:17:25 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Amanda just told me she is working on a cube toy video for all to enjoy!!!

She will let me know when it's done so it can be shared with all of you,
Information
Mar 17 2009
11:20:46 PM
GEEEEEEEZ RITA!!! Can't I just pay her to make mine???
Information
Mar 17 2009
11:23:00 PM
Thats what I am planning on doing!

Im trying to be little susie homemaker for just a few seconds here - give me a break and play along!!!
Information
Mar 18 2009
12:07:47 AM
quote:

Thats what I am planning on doing!

Im trying to be little susie homemaker for just a few seconds here - give me a break and play along!!!

I played that game for 10 years Rita..lol It's highly over rated.. just teasn... ok I will play along... I am better at supporting rolls than the lead though..lol Just a heads up there
Information
Mar 18 2009
10:45:55 AM
Honestly, I couldnt make a aquare hankerchief! I dont think I could even make that fleecey vine that only has one sew line. My sew line would be all crooked!!!

Susie Homemaker - I am NOT!
Information
Mar 18 2009
10:54:25 AM
Holley Super Glider Visit Holley's Photo Album 381 Posts
Rita... wanna sell it???

quote:

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 18 2009
11:02:21 AM
streetdoc Glider Visit streetdoc's Photo Album USA 93 Posts
So anybody know how to put a window in one? That's the part that's giving me fits!
Information
Mar 18 2009
12:56:58 PM
lindseyboo27 Glider Visit lindseyboo27's Photo Album USA 80 Posts
streetdoc - I'm guessing that’s far beyond anyone on this thread’s capabilities!
(Including myself!)
Information
Mar 18 2009
01:11:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Holley

Rita... wanna sell it???

quote:

Sorry, no. I still havent given up learning how to make pouches! Some day...
Information
Mar 18 2009
01:37:41 PM
lovely1inred Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit lovely1inred's Photo Album 1144 Posts
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/48229243lLIRFo

That is a video I used that shows how to make the window...although I am like Rita, I made it all crooked...but I learned what "boxed corners" means!
Information
Mar 18 2009
02:11:55 PM
midgymonkey Glider Visit midgymonkey's Photo Album USA 87 Posts
Hey thanks for posting these, I'll try and make something today.
wish me luck ha ha
Information
Mar 18 2009
07:18:51 PM
streetdoc Glider Visit streetdoc's Photo Album USA 93 Posts
So far it's been beyond my skill too!
Information
Mar 18 2009
09:56:54 PM
<<sigh>> My name is Rita. And I am sewing challenged.
Information
Mar 18 2009
11:33:02 PM
quote:

<<sigh>> My name is Rita. And I am sewing challenged.

HELLO RITA!!!! WElCOME TO SA.. sewers annonymous
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 18 2009
11:53:46 PM
iSUGGIE24 Glider 59 Posts
Oh guess im gonna have to start sewing. These videos are great thanks Rita for posting these tell Amanda thanks to:) :) :)
Information
Mar 19 2009
07:13:17 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Thanks Rita, the next step is to get my wife to watch them not to mention to even make them.

But I can say my wife does pretty good if she has to. I think she needs to clean off the sewing machine. Suprise Suprise she had an old one very old. Someone came into were she works to do travel a couple of months ago and gave her one that was only about a year old. The lady said her husband just bought her a new fancy one so she didn't need this one.

Again all I need to do is get my wife to start using it.
Information
Mar 19 2009
02:00:38 PM
Jerry, you can tell her she has absolutely NOTHING to do in her spare time, so she can start sewing glider pouches for you!

THAT will get you brownie points!
Information
Mar 19 2009
02:06:13 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Maybe this
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 19 2009
04:15:22 PM
Linzie Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Linzie's Photo Album 437 Posts
Sorry that you are all sewing challenged. I personally love sewing. I can't decide if I want to watch the videos and see if her way is easier or not....I hope everyone doesn't start sewing or id be out of business.
Information
Mar 19 2009
04:41:03 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
I love sewing too. My daughter requested (required) that I make her wedding dress .... from a design that she drew .... NOT a pattern! Talk about PRESSURE!!
After it was done and met with her approval I was finally able to breathe again.
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders