Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How can i tell if my lil girl is pregnant?
Question
Mar 22 2009
10:13:16 PM
My husband and I decided to expand our family, and get a couple of sugar gliders. The guy we got them from said that they "did it" pardon the expression, LOL. Any way, I am new to this, so im not too sure how to tell if shes got some cooking or in the pouch. My husband was able to touch her belly and said that he felt something very small and hard. But I just want to make sure, since were new at this and it may just be her stomach or something hahah....weve had them for almost three weeks now........
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 22 2009
10:19:39 PM
Ahsaehr Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ahsaehr's Photo Album Ahsaehr's Journal USA 3478 Posts
Oh goodness. My first instinct was to say " don't touch the belly", but I've done it before myself with a female with joeys but you have to be very careful. I recommend not to do it too much though and if you do know you could be risking the joeys life. You see if the joey gets unlodged from the female usually its jaw gets broken and until they are very far along they can't unlatch and latch to the teat on their own.

After the joey is in the pouch for about two weeks you should be able to see the lump. It takes roughly 16 days after conception that it crawls into the pouch, so wait a little while longer.
Question
Mar 22 2009
11:03:49 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
What she said! LOL

Does your female's underside look anything like this?:

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 23 2009
03:44:24 PM
Holley Super Glider Visit Holley's Photo Album 381 Posts
Love the photo! LOL Everyone see the pea's???
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 24 2009
12:26:06 PM
happyhousewife1 Glider 170 Posts
great photo!!!
Question
Mar 25 2009
11:44:07 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
If she is PG then read all u can from this site.

http://www.suzsugargliders.com/

Here is couple of pic's, hope this helps.

Question
Mar 29 2009
01:45:44 PM
holmes3484 Joey Visit holmes3484's Photo Album USA 24 Posts
Thank you all so much :) the first picture looks almost exactly like her, we got to see her belly when she was climbing the cage and we saw two small lumps!! WERE SO EXCITED, and thank you for the web sight too!!! YAYAYAY
Proud grandma to be :)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders