Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
is corn cob bedding okay to use?
Question
Jul 06 2009
03:11:53 PM
There is corn cob bedding at walmart and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe for suggies and ferrets?
Question
Jul 06 2009
04:15:27 PM
dizzysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit dizzysmom's Photo Album dizzysmom's Journal IN, USA 3882 Posts
For ferrets, I have no idea, but don't use it for gliders. The best thing to use is plain old black and white newspaper in the drop pan. I also use a layer of fleece on top of the bottom grate. That way, they are more comfortable playing on the bottom. Every coupla days I shake it out and toss it in the laundry.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 06 2009
04:18:00 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I would not use it - they will try to eat it if they can reach it.

I use paper that comes on a roll that I purchased at lowes (paint dept) and just cut enough to line the pan under the cage. A lot of people just cut a piece of fleece to fit and shake it out every few days and wash with their pouches etc. when needed.
Question
Jul 07 2009
07:15:26 AM
leahburk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit leahburk's Photo Album USA 1192 Posts
I had ferrets and i always used this stuff from petsmart called soft-sorbant and it works very well for them they were also litter trained, but for the suggies I use black and white newspaper also.
Question
Jul 07 2009
01:13:27 PM
sugar-mommy2 Super Glider Visit sugar-mommy2's Photo Album IN, USA 279 Posts
I had read somewhere that corn cob bedding was ok to use with gliders so I bought some. I put my new girls in their cage and Ava reached down and pulled up a piece and started eating it. I could not pull that tray out fast enough. lol I now am using plain white paper towels and changing them every morning.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 07 2009
03:01:11 PM
glider-3dogs Super Glider Visit glider-3dogs's Photo Album 275 Posts
Thanks for the help I'm going to be using fleece from now on
Question
Jul 08 2009
07:37:43 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
For gliders I say no, like dizzysmom said black and white newspaper.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders