Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Kinkajou
Kinkajou
Off topic chat
Aug 11 2009
10:22:41 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a kinkajou. Does anyone have any pics. I might consider buying one
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
10:54:50 AM
PW Face Hugger Visit PW's Photo Album 559 Posts
Kinkajou's are very cute but as with any pet investment, you should exhaust all avenues of research before buying. I have always wanted one, but I know too little about them and know no one who has ever owned one. I have a long way of research to go before I will consider buying my first one.
Off topic chat
Aug 11 2009
10:56:03 AM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
Ohhhh don't buy one please. Why not concentrate on raising the gliders you have. They can live at least twice as long as a glider can at 20+ years.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
11:17:57 AM
smokeysmom Super Glider Visit smokeysmom's Photo Album smokeysmom's Journal USA 317 Posts
not only that but there isnt that much info on them yet, yea their cute but i mean....I think maybe you should just concentrate on ur suggies i mean they require alot of ur time should you really bring in another animal that could require more??
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
12:50:35 PM
best_friendz2 Face Hugger Visit best_friendz2's Photo Album 841 Posts
I heared theyre "evil".
Off topic chat
Aug 11 2009
03:09:10 PM
Jay21 Glider Jay21's Journal USA 191 Posts
Yeah I have been doing research for about 6 months, and I wasnt plannin on getting one anytime soon. I meant when my beloved suggies[ pass away.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
03:40:41 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
A kinkajou will be a very stinky pet and they need a good amount of active space, much larger than a simple cage. They are also very temperamental and will scratch the crap out of you when just trying to hold on. Go see some at your nearby zoo and ask for the keeper and to see if you can get a behind the scenes tour. A zoo keeper will often let you hold an animal especially if it can help dissuade you from trying to keep one yourself.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
09:06:09 PM
suggielover74 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggielover74's Photo Album USA 933 Posts
I had to look them up on the net when I was asked to make some bedding for one in Florida. Seems they are allowed to own almost anything there. Jason said his was very friendly, but the pieces he had us make were huge when compared to a Glider. His cage must have been very large, I know it was out door.
Off topic chat
Aug 11 2009
09:56:40 PM
dclements21 Glider Visit dclements21's Photo Album USA 178 Posts
Jay21, I have to echo what others have said about kinkajou ownership. I do know someone that owns a couple and, from what I understand, after they reach "sexual maturity", they can be mean as all get out. If you are new to glider ownership, find comfort in the fact that if they are taken care of, they live for a very long time. Personally, I would just spend time loving my suggies and wouldn't introduce another high maintenance animal.

If you would like the name of the person I know that owns them, please PM me and I will pass that information along to you. I can tell you now, he will totally discourage you from owning one.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2009
10:40:44 PM
Thanks everyone i dont think ill buy one for a while. my friends dad has one and i called him and he said i prubaly wouldnt wont one. He said he thinks suggies are better cause they dont stink and have an extreme amount of maintence.

They are expensive anyway. Ive been talked out of it
Off topic chat
Aug 12 2009
07:20:45 AM
leahburk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit leahburk's Photo Album USA 1192 Posts
tHEY ARE CUTE BUT i LOVE MY SUGGIES!!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 12 2009
07:45:44 PM
MEE TOOOOO!
Kinkajou