Sugar Gliders
What would you do? Just sad.
Next |
Page: of 2
Heated Debates
Jan 03 2010
07:29:36 PM
In November, I rehomed three girls to someone who is a member of this forum. I asked a small rehoming fee of $100, for which this member received a really nice, big cage, a brand new bonding pouch, three Wodent Wheels, toys, and other items. It was not at all about the money for me. She had a lone glider that needed friends, and my heart went out to her. I had put out more than this on vetting and supplies for these three girls. I foolishly trusted this member to send me payment the following week, which she never did. She told me she was sending half in the mail one week, and then the other half on her next pay day. Well, she never sent me any money at all. I realize that this is the Holiday season, but think that it was extremely irresponsible of this person to take custody of these girls if she couldn't follow through on paying the rehoming fee.

My husband and I put a lot of work into getting the three girls to their railroad destination, as well as all of their supplies. I just feel disrespected at this point, and also feel the need to vent. I am praying that these girls have a good home, and are being treated well. Live and learn, I guess. I just didn't think someone on this forum would behave like this!

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
07:34:01 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Have you been in contact with them? It absolutely IS desrespectful!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
07:37:12 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
I've been in contact with her multiple times now. I have been told that payment was on the way--only to be lied to. I've heard excuses that life got overwhelming, too. Now I am worried about those girls, and they're too far away for me to know for certain that everything's okay.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
07:42:39 PM
Mrpianowizard Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Mrpianowizard's Photo Album Mrpianowizard's Journal 572 Posts
aww, I'm so sorry, it must be agonizing to think MAYBE they're in harm....if they haven't payed you and lied to you, it'd be scary of thinking what they're doing...I'm sorry..
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
07:48:41 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Even if t isn't the money, it's the principle of the thing! Trust means a lot in this community and although I do realize we don't really all know each other, it's still highly disappointing to even hear this. I don't know if they are an active member, but if so....You really, at the very least, owe Mollysmom an honest explanation. It was an incredibly generous transaction as it was, at least have the respect to honor your end. If you can't, at least be up front with her as to "why". Stuff like this really frustrates me and makes it hard for others to trust each other.
Heated Debates
Jan 03 2010
07:48:47 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Does this person come here anymore? If so, maybe they will see this and know that this just isnt cool to do.

Have you ever asked to get the gliders back? Under the circumstances, if he/she cant pay you the $100.00 owed, then they probably cant afford and shouldnt have the gliders...

Was this person a member of this forum for quite awhile? Or just a very short time period?

Heated Debates
Jan 03 2010
07:52:03 PM
sbear3s Face Hugger Visit sbear3s's Photo Album 745 Posts
Oh that's just awful. I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope who ever it was reads this and realizes what she has done is so wrong and she should send payment and pictures of your 3 girls.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
07:59:41 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
I haven't demanded the girls back because we live quite a distance apart, and I've been working long days at my new job. However, I would prefer to have the girls back if she cannot afford to care for them. I am very busy, but can afford to take care of them. I just wanted to help out her lone glider, and thought that this person might have more time to spend with them than I would, considering my new job.
Heated Debates
Jan 03 2010
08:04:41 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
You have to be so hurt and disappointed.... <<hugs>>
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
08:13:26 PM
Moriko Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Moriko's Photo Album Moriko's Journal AL, USA 943 Posts
Oh, wow. I hope you can get your gliders back to you. I'm sure if there are issues with giving you a 100 dollars, then there are going to be issues with taking care of these gliders. If there is anything I can help you with, please contact me.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
08:21:12 PM
our2girlz Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit our2girlz's Photo Album United States 2362 Posts
I am so sorry. I kind of remember when this all took place the railroad and transfer I believe. It sounded like they wanted them real bad and was so grateful to get them and the cage. And then to stiff you. You have every right to be tiffed and worried.
Heated Debates
Jan 03 2010
08:35:48 PM
Mom2MandG Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Mom2MandG's Photo Album 766 Posts
That is a tough situation. Doesn't sound like there is much you can do, other than try to railroad back. But I wonder if they would even be willing to do that. I am sorry. It sucks to trust someone only to have them throw it in your face.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
10:48:01 PM
mattsbunny Glider OR, USA 108 Posts
I'm sorry u have to deal with this. Hopefully you'll get the explanation you deserve soon.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
10:51:44 PM
She's aware of this thread. If this doesn't open up the communication lines, I don't know what else will. I truly hope this gets resolved quickly for you.
Heated Debates
Jan 03 2010
10:52:13 PM
tballettoes Glider 145 Posts
HI!!

She's heard the explanation, and has told me a few times not worry about it and that she understands where I'm coming from. She also told me not to worry about it, and that she knows they're in a good home.

Its funny how some people say one thing, then do another.
She had many ways to contact me, including two phone numbers but not once did I hear from her.

Grow some balls next time and tell me how you really feel and not tell me that your fine with everything due to my circumstances.

Also, just because I have an idea on how to give them a BIGGER cage, doesn't mean I don't take care of them, it means I want to give them MORE than they have.

Funny, Funny, Funny
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
10:52:56 PM
Dahlia_2020 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Dahlia_2020's Photo Album SC, USA 1419 Posts
Ah, that really sucks, hon... I remember this member and I remember the threads covering the "railroad" experience. I hate that things haven't gone well. If I lived closer to where this individual is, I would gladly try to help you out if it was possible to get them back. After everything you gave her and busting your bum to get them to her, that just ticks me off. She could have sent you SOMETHING at some point during all this time as a sign of good faith.

I really hope there is some way to resolve this situation. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
10:55:41 PM
Like I said, things were resolved till today I guess.

It just amazing to me, how I can post something about bettering their lives and all of a sudden things are unresolved.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
10:59:16 PM
Obviously, she doesn't feel like it's resolved. Maybe it's time to send her a personal message.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 03 2010
11:00:37 PM
I have, I've told her how I felt about the situation. I've also told her that she's more than welcome to come and get them.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
05:39:00 AM
There have been multiple personal messages between us. I have "balls", as you've so articulately put it, or I would not have contacted you via this forum on several occasions inquiring about the girls. Even though you have tried to get me to agree to waving the rehoming fee (right after you already had them in your custody,in fact!) , I never have. I've never said, "don't worry about it". You've never said I'm more than welcome to come get them. I've been understanding about your situation, but you have not been honest with me--you told me at least twice that you're sending money, and none was sent.

I explained to you that I needed for you to send the rehoming fee to help pay for the vet bills for these girls. I still have all of the PM's between us, and I don't think it fair at all for you to behave so childishly and rude about this.

On our last PM's, you stated that your mom was going to be taking care of the rehoming fee. Obviously, at this point, that is not happening, because I've not seen or heard anything from you more about this. When I said, via PM, that I understand that things happen, I meant just that. This doesn't excuse you from doing your part, Staci. You need to do your part, as an adult, and fulfill your responsibility to me....and take responsibility for your own inaction.

We both know that I live a long distance from you, and I am working a very demanding job that wouldn't make it easy to just take off for a day to get the girls and all of their items back from you. Also, we both know that I do not have a vehicle big enough to do that, or the railroad would not have been necessary in the first place.

Heated Debates
Jan 04 2010
06:36:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tballettoes

I have, I've told her how I felt about the situation. I've also told her that she's more than welcome to come and get them.

The bottom line is - you made an agreement with Wendi to get these gliders. She fullfilled her part of the agreement. You didnt. Its time you act like a mature adult and do what you said you would do.

Honestly, with the few posts you have made on this thread, if it were me I would want the gliders back and be done with it.

It's situations like this that make us all leery of each other. How sad.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
07:10:05 AM
Staci just last night sent a message to come and get the gliders if I wanted to do so.

Bottom line is, those girls are now bonded to her girl. How awful to rip them apart at this point.

I have a tiny car, and live quite a distance from Staci. This was why we had to set up a railroad to get the girls and their paraphernalia to her in the first place.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
07:13:24 AM
Mrpianowizard Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Mrpianowizard's Photo Album Mrpianowizard's Journal 572 Posts
Off topic question but what's railroad?
Heated Debates
Jan 04 2010
07:32:30 AM
Nicole87 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Nicole87's Photo Album MD, USA 650 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Mrpianowizard

Off topic question but what's railroad?

The railroad that Mollysmom is talking about is when different people pitch in to get gliders from point A to point B. Say for example, I needed to get my gliders from Maryland to Florida...I may drive to VA, someone would meet me there and drive my gliders to South Carolina, and so on and so forth.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
01:06:08 PM
PW Face Hugger Visit PW's Photo Album 559 Posts
No matter how this went, the money is owed and should be paid. As many have said, this is why no one trusts anyone.
You received three gliders and several hundred dollars worth of equipment, at least be decent enough to send her the $100.00 you owe her. How sad it is to be aired as a cheat on a forum you may need help from. A forum you could be a huge part of as a family member.
You now have four gliders you need to provide for, where is that money coming from? It's $100.00 sheesh pay the girl. And I really hope you are providing adequately for the care of those gliders.
Heated Debates
Jan 04 2010
01:14:47 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Bad buisness. When someone aggrees to do something and does it and the other person says the same thing then do it.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
03:27:42 PM
One, if she was still unhappy she should of said something. I had talked to her about the situation and she made it sound like she was fine with everything.

Two, the girls are very well being taken care of. They just got back from the vet and he said everything was fine.

I've also told her that she's more than welcome to come and get them.
Heated Debates
Jan 04 2010
03:51:18 PM
quote:

One, if she was still unhappy she should of said something. I had talked to her about the situation and she made it sound like she was fine with everything.

Two, the girls are very well being taken care of. They just got back from the vet and he said everything was fine.

Does this mean you are not going to pay the $100.00 you agreed to pay?
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
03:54:50 PM
saturngirl Glider Visit saturngirl's Photo Album SC, USA 113 Posts
This is sad that members on forums can't be trusted. $100 for 3 gliders and all that stuff is a steal. Just pay up. It would be sad to take those 3 gliders away from your glider if they're already bonded.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2010
04:23:05 PM
mattsbunny Glider OR, USA 108 Posts
And I'm new here but have heard of ppl banned from here for pulling stunts and lying! And I personally trust this group as they have given me a lot of help and support.
Heated Debates
Jan 04 2010
04:31:12 PM
Nicole87 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Nicole87's Photo Album MD, USA 650 Posts
quote:

My two cents...if someone says they're going to do something...they should do it. Period. That's what responsible adults do. It's incredibly immature to turn it around on the person that did you a HUGE favor.
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders