General Chat
Please Help Need Donations
Next |
Page: of 4
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:41:45 AM
PLEASE I really need help. I recieved a phone call last night.. 12 Sugars' taken from filthy home. They werent being fed properly, kept in 10 gallon fish tanks. Well I have them now and need donations of Pouches, Both sleeping and bonding. I have enough cages and dishes. If anyone can help anything would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Dawn
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:51:25 AM
Meloria Super Glider Visit Meloria's Photo Album 240 Posts
Dawn,

Where are you located? Do you have any more information on the rescue of these gliders? I am sure that there are people who want to and are willing to help but really would love more information. Thanks.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:55:47 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Who called and how did you wind up with them all? No offense, but you're a brand new member and no one has any clue who you are. If I couldn't handle taking these guys in, I think I'd be trying to get all that stuff squared away first? TGI has a vet care assistance program. You may want to contact them so they can get vet checks. Are you keeping them all or planning to rehome them?

I'm not trying to come down on you, but if anyone chooses to help you, they're going to want a lot more info. Usually people that choose to rescue understand the financial undertaking involved. People may be able to help you with supplies, but please provide some more info so know your exact needs and the whole situation.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
10:09:35 AM
helpingangels Joey Visit helpingangels's Photo Album 23 Posts
OK who am I 'Nobody' just a glider owner and someone saw these that knew me and thought the conditions were deplorable. I went to the owner asked if I could help thinking maybe times were bad for them. They werent interested they wanted to breed them they got "a good deal on them". So I bought all of them off him for 400.00 cash. I saved their lives. Thats why I dont have extra cash right now. Yes they will be vetted and once they are adoptable,go to good approved homes. So no I'm not licensed, dont have a title just a big heart, a warm home, and good fresh foods and water. I am in Rensselaer, IN Thank You for reading this
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
10:17:43 AM
Meloria Super Glider Visit Meloria's Photo Album 240 Posts
We just wasnted more information is all. it helps when we have all of the information at once I think - as opposed to getting it piece meal. If you recued these gliders then awesome! I suggest talking to the vet Kyro listed and seeing what you can do. Welcome to glider gossip and please keep us updated on everything about the babies. Feel free to post pictures of them too. :)
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
10:18:23 AM
bholland7 Face Hugger Visit bholland7's Photo Album bholland7's Journal USA 650 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by helpingangels

OK who am I 'Nobody' just a glider owner and someone saw these that knew me and thought the conditions were deplorable. I went to the owner asked if I could help thinking maybe times were bad for them. They werent interested they wanted to breed them they got "a good deal on them". So I bought all of them off him for 400.00 cash. I saved their lives. Thats why I dont have extra cash right now. Yes they will be vetted and once they are adoptable,go to good approved homes. So no I'm not licensed, dont have a title just a big heart, a warm home, and good fresh foods and water. I am in Rensselaer, IN Thank You for reading this

Thats all it takes is a big heart to do what you did. Where are you from? I'm in florida in the tampa area. PM me your location of not comfortable on thread. I too am new and have done the very same thing. I now have five that really, really, needed a new safe home.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
10:24:18 AM
H Super Glider Visit H's Photo Album 281 Posts
I don't sew but I keep an eye on ebay for sets and I remembered seeing this one. You may be interested, 7 pouches less than $4 each.

Sugar Glider Cage Set
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
10:54:38 AM
tootles Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap tootles's Journal 1981 Posts
I am also a vendor and I am selling these pouches in bulk on critterbin maybe we can work something out for you to get them.

Error, missing URL. h
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
11:03:14 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
11:18:11 AM
I didn't think about that one I bet TGI can help.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
11:24:47 AM
Who is TGI?
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
11:25:30 AM
The Glider Initiative. (the link I posted)
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
02:15:55 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Thank you for helping these gliders. This is a very big undertaking.

No one is trying to be ugly, its just that we have had people in the past who came on here to ask for help - and they were scammers. They lied to us.

Now Im not saying this is what YOU are doing - just that we have learned to take things a little slower and ask more questions when a new owner comes here asking for help. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch as they say. Please understand.

What some have done in the past is give us their vet's name, address and phone number. We then call the vet to VERIFY the situation and then make a payment as our donation.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
03:06:05 PM
Rita, I will be using a vet in Lafayette Indiana. I didnt ask for monitary donations. I asked for some pouches.When I do get the appointment I will give you the date and time.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
03:29:56 PM
thefotokat Glider 177 Posts
As Rita said, bad past experiences cause folks to be much more careful about making donations to those they don't know. Regardless of whether the requested donation is monetary or tangible, it's still asking people to give. The people here have huge hearts and want to help, but they don't want to be taken advantage of. This is why people ask questions in these situations.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
03:37:31 PM
I have nothing to hide, nor nothing to prove. My heart is my heart and I will continue to help , I just need a extra hand this time. So I will keep answering all these questions. If anyone can and will help I will say thank you now. And to everyone else....... Keep educating people, saving the innocent and helpless and always wear a smile. Thanks Dawn
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
04:04:54 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
We would love to see pictures of these babies. We love to see how gliders progress from a sad situation to living in a happy healthy home.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
05:33:47 PM
I must say I agree with everyone it is hard to trust nowadays. If you are willing to pay shipping I can send you those 10 pouches so that those babies can have something warm and fuzzy to sleep in :-) afterall it is all about the glider babies.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
05:52:23 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
Do you already own gliders? More info please.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
06:03:49 PM
tootles, Thank You so much!!!!!!!! Yes I can pay the shipping. can you do 8 or 9 sleeping pouches and 1 or 2 bonding? Thank you and God Bles. Dawn
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
06:15:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your concern. A very special person donated the needed pouches.I just hope I can help someone one day and it mean as much. Just remember there are helpless and innocent babys out there that need us. Thanks and I will keep you all posted now for names. Ant sugestions???
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
08:19:54 PM
Well I don't have any bonding pouches made up right now. But I do have 10 pouches.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
08:33:48 PM
Ok thank you. Now how do we do this?
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
08:45:17 PM
oh I do have a gently used bonding pouch but it does not have straps if you have a strap it would work or you can use the clips at the top and clip it onto your bra strap in your shirt that's how I use mine alot. Oh send me an e-mail and we can go over it all.
tootles_3@sbcglobal.net
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
08:55:37 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
We have a joke/rule on GG.... if there are no pictures, it didn't happen!

So ... where are the pics??
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
08:58:41 PM
Fair enough. Give me a day and i will get some on here
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:00:58 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:02:44 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:13:09 PM
Are you guys telling me I am a pushover Are you telling me to wait till there are pics? I hate for these babies to be without but I am guessing one day is not bad if I ship it priority I won't be able to get it out till friday anyways.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:26:20 PM
Megs06 BANNED_ACCOUNT Gliderpedia Editor Visit Megs06's Photo Album USA 1 Posts
I'm sure those gliders will be happy. I had to stay up til 5am sewing pouches for my rescues cause I didn't have any. :/
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 11 2010
09:51:34 PM
im getting error 36 im trying to send pictures so my babys get their beds sent tommorrow
Next |
Page: of 4

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat