Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How do you get 2 single gliders to like each other/bond?
Question
Aug 16 2010
11:43:25 PM

So, my title pretty much says it all. I recently bought a male and a female off of a woman on CL. We had a vet appt set up for the following week for them (it was the earliest they had), but the woman who owned them before us didn't know what she was doing and very sadly, the male had a calcium deficiency and passed away. It was terrible.

So, after grieving a few days, we realized our female still needed a companion, so, we found another single female and adopted her. We now have 2 female gliders that have separate cages. I've switched their pouches and even let them run around each others cages for awhile.

I tried once after having them a few days, to let one female inspect the other while on top of the other's cage. At first, they just sniffed each other, but then one made a kind of chirping noise, and seemed to be chasing the other and I felt it was stressing them out, so I stopped them.

I really want them to like each other, but I don't know how to get them to! Do they just need more time to get used to each others sent? How often do I try to introduce them to each other? How do I know they won't hurt each other?

Any advice would be awesome!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 17 2010
12:11:19 AM
Megs06 BANNED_ACCOUNT Gliderpedia Editor Visit Megs06's Photo Album USA 1 Posts
Chirping is GOOD. Crabbing and lunging would be bad.

Here's a link with some information. If you still have questions, ask away.

http://glidergeek.weebly.com/quarantines-and-introductions.html
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 17 2010
12:13:14 AM
Megs06 BANNED_ACCOUNT Gliderpedia Editor Visit Megs06's Photo Album USA 1 Posts
Also, I've done intros with my duo and a single and then a single and a single. So... I have SOME experience in this.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 17 2010
01:04:54 PM
barbi Joey 25 Posts
Here is some additional link with a variety of topics on bonding, including getting sugar gliders to bond with each other:

Error, missing URL. O

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders