Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
wodent wheel?
wodent wheel?
Question
Mar 03 2011
02:25:16 PM
I am apart of the other site GC and when i posted that i was getting the two girls and all the setup from her they said i need to get a different wheel because the one i am getting is bad and will hurt them.

i havent seen anything on this.

have you? i mean most of the pics i have seen that have the wheels have them so im really confused and if they are bad why are they being sold from places that are trusted to sell good stuff
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 03 2011
02:44:18 PM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts
You should have a wodent or a stealth. Silent spinners are dangerous because of how they're built. Link to the wheel you have?
Question
Mar 03 2011
02:51:31 PM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
just ignore that advice. a wodent wheel is ok to use and its better then a wheel you would get from a pet store. i had a wodent wheel and the boys were just fine but i hated it since it was a pain to clean and i couldnt watch them run so i upgraded to a stealth wheel. stealth wheels cost a lot of money, if you make your own trim track you can save yourself some money. ill get the link later since im on a different computer.
your getting the wheel for free and there are other things you need/want to buy for them you can always upgrade the wheel later on. i know there are other wheels like the stealth but dont remember the names >.<
the reason people say the wodent wheel is dangerous is because of the middle bar thats in the wheel that they could get hurt on but like i said there are worst wheels you could be using.
Question
Mar 03 2011
03:05:54 PM
edenshaven Glider Visit edenshaven's Photo Album 92 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by angelmom</i>
<br />You should have a wodent or a stealth. Silent spinners are dangerous because of how they're built. Link to the wheel you have?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i dont have it yet. but its a wodent wheel. i just have a pic of the cage and the setup she has. im not sure if i can put it up since its not my pic, i thought they were fine.. i guess to each their own??
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 03 2011
04:07:04 PM
filly47 Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit filly47's Photo Album USA 2330 Posts
I have a wodent wheel and I love it! Stealth wheels are the best, but way to expensive for me. The downside for wodents is that they are just slightly noisy and you have to clean them every 3 days or so (at least that is how often I have to).
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 03 2011
11:54:41 PM
BubbaStar5 Joey 38 Posts
My little ones have a wodent wheel and they love it :). Every night thts all u can hear. Yes it gets messy and it makes noise but u get used to the sound and cleanin it isn't so treacherous. They love not only running but also peakin out the holes. Sometimes they use it as a temp hideout.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 04 2011
12:41:28 AM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
Wodent wheels can cause tail breakage and amputation - even with the "glider safe" piece on the cross bar.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 04 2011
01:10:18 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
I have twelve Wodent Wheels in use and they last longer than the more expensive stealth and are easy to add a nail trimmer track into. I have never had any issues with Wodent Wheels and 19 sets of little paws using them. I highly recommend them for price and usability.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 04 2011
03:04:11 AM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
I have heard that a gliders tail fur was riped off from a wodent wheel.

In any case they are loud, and accumulate a ton of mess.

They are, however, safer than wheels they sell for hamsters, mice, and rats, those wheels were made for those animals.

It seems like everyone already mentioned it but wodent wheels are okay but rumor has it they can be dangerous.

Other wheels to look at might be

the stealth wheel http://atticworx.com/

or the TGI wheel http://www.glidernursery.webs.com/wheels.htm

or the custom cruiser http://customchoicecruiser.all4gliders.com/
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 04 2011
03:01:33 PM
misscarl Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit misscarl's Photo Album USA 1169 Posts
my glider got her tail broken on the Wodent wheel. they are typically very safe, but it is still possible for them to get hurt. she had to have part of it amputated because of the injury. it is very rare that something like that happens, but it can. I wont risk it anymore, but many people love the wodent wheels.
Question
Mar 04 2011
04:00:56 PM
SugarLoafin Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit SugarLoafin's Photo Album CO, USA 1755 Posts
I felt the same way. I saved for several months and bought the stealth wheel before I ever had gliders. Something can always happen in different situations but for 30 more bucks I think this is one thing worth avoiding.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 04 2011
11:12:33 PM
KuroNeko Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit KuroNeko's Photo Album USA 1617 Posts
I've never had any issues, but then again mine don't run very fast in it.

Now that I have the stealth, I only use the wodent when nails need maintaining.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 05 2011
12:46:24 PM
edenshaven Glider Visit edenshaven's Photo Album 92 Posts
well i found out today when talking to the lady i am getting my gliders from that one of the girls is missing part of her tail because when she was a baby that happened ( when she lived with the breeder i guess) she said it is healed and it has been okay since and the other sister has never had a problem. i guess i will be saving money and getting a new one asap.
wodent wheel?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
wodent wheel?