Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My Little Mosaic Man - Name Suggestions??
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
08:47:06 AM
Okay, so I'm getting a little Mosaic boy with a silver ringtail (so excited).. I've tossed around the names Bailey, Willow, Karma... But now I'd like suggestions? Any advice?? Is Willow too feminine? ;P
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
09:36:35 AM
Willows Tree Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Willows Tree's Photo Album USA 1294 Posts
The original Willow (movie: Princess Bride?) was a BOY.
My Willow is a girl..Her mate's name is Widget..and I had those names picked long ago, before I got them.
Of course, I LOVE the name Willow for your glider, whether its a boy or girl! lol
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
09:44:12 AM
SugarShock Glider Visit SugarShock's Photo Album FL, USA 124 Posts
Lol I love the name Willow. I actually got it from the book Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult (must read if your a fan of my sisters keeper). You don't happen to want a two year old black beauty Glider - do you? Shecreally needs a good home. :(
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
09:49:41 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Lauren - why do you want to get another glider??????

You have posted in EVERY THREAD today about wanting to find a new home for Sadie.

Gliders should be loved for themselves in forever homes and not traded in like an old used car for the fancy new model.

You have had gliders since you were 12. You have bred and sold gliders for years and you are not yet an adult. Why the revolving door?

Have you ever kept a glider for its entire natural lifetime?
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
09:53:00 AM
SugarShock Glider Visit SugarShock's Photo Album FL, USA 124 Posts
Yes, I have - Sadie and Ceasar were not meant to be kept. All the Gliders I've purchased are still with me. These two were joeys of mine that have been for sale. I just want to find them the perfect home.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
11:08:12 AM
Shorty_n_ClarasMama Face Hugger Visit Shorty_n_ClarasMama's Photo Album 914 Posts
While I understand that you may have intended to sell Sadie and Ceasar, you are ultimately responsible for them. That means you must be prepared to keep them for their natural life span as you had a hand in creating them. I have read over and over you trying to get rid of Sadie on so many other posters' threads. From what you said you didn't even give Sadie the time you should have once she was OOP, but now you are getting another glider?

I'm still not sure I understand how a minor has the money to breed and then buy a mosaic glider. I'm not judging, I'm just saying.

I'm sorry if I do not share in the jubilation of you getting this new glider, when you are desparately trying to get rid of one of the gliders you have.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
02:35:13 PM
misscarl Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit misscarl's Photo Album USA 1169 Posts
i would be fine with it if you werent advertising your gliders everywhere and sending out PMs trying to sell them. i think its weird you are DESPERATELY trying to get rid of two and trying to buy another. please stop posting about them everywhere (except classifieds where it is acceptable) and sending out PMs trying to get rid of them.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
02:44:42 PM
DizzyPo Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor USA 1241 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by misscarl</i>
<br />i would be fine with it if you werent advertising your gliders everywhere and sending out PMs trying to sell them. i think its weird you are DESPERATELY trying to get rid of two and trying to buy another. please stop posting about them everywhere (except classifieds where it is acceptable) and sending out PMs trying to get rid of them.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I definitely agree with this. If I want another glider then I will find one myself. I do NOT need you to send a PM to me.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
03:26:53 PM
Something_To_Believe_In Face Hugger Visit Something_To_Believe_In's Photo Album 647 Posts
And, you might also stop randomly messaging people on facebook to try to sell your gliders.

This is all just more proof that some things never change. This same story was being told a year ago, and a year before that, and all the way back to when Lauren was 12. Always saying she is "getting out of breeding." Always misusing forums and social media for her own purposes. Many people have offered to help her to no avail. I feel so sorry for all the gliders mixed up in this young girl's life. There is a reason that there are alerts about Lauren on several other forums.

Does this forum have a Community Alert section?
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
03:50:12 PM
Besides alerting the MOD's I'm not sure.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
03:50:14 PM
Vikvik Super Glider GliderMap Visit Vikvik's Photo Album 286 Posts
For some reason the song little lion man comes to mind
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
03:51:32 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vikvik</i>
<br />For some reason the song little lion man comes to mind

I love that song! I'm going to listen to it right now...
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
03:57:20 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Something_To_Believe_In</i>
<br />And, you might also stop randomly messaging people on facebook to try to sell your gliders.

This is all just more proof that some things never change. This same story was being told a year ago, and a year before that, and all the way back to when Lauren was 12. Always saying she is "getting out of breeding." Always misusing forums and social media for her own purposes. Many people have offered to help her to no avail. I feel so sorry for all the gliders mixed up in this young girl's life. There is a reason that there are alerts about Lauren on several other forums.

Does this forum have a Community Alert section?

Since she was 12 wtf, what is she doing breeding at that age. I must had missunderstud that.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:00:35 PM
nope I didn't, this isn't cool :(
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
04:05:28 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DizzyPo</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vikvik</i>
<br />For some reason the song little lion man comes to mind

I love that song! I'm going to listen to it right now...

Me too I love the banjo solo xD
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:08:18 PM
Angela Super Glider GliderMap Visit Angela's Photo Album USA 331 Posts
I was wondering why I got a pm about buying a glider I was so cunfused and my husband was wondering why I was acquiring about getting more gliders. Now I can let him know it was not me and that other people got the pm! Thanks for almost causing issues with me and my husband!!! Sry for the rant but hard to explain something to the hubby when I have no answers myself. (he knows that I love to save animals and he thought I was trying to pull a fast 1 on him)LOL.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:10:27 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
There's a history, that's for sure and the last 48 hours have caused a huge stir in the glider community and on multiple forums. You are obviously desperate to get rid of this brother/sister pair because I've seen, no exaggeration, maybe 20 people say they've personally been contacted by you, Lauren. Some of them you even have a pretty bad history with so I don't think you even realize who you're contacting anymore. It's hard for everyone to sit here and "oooh" and "ahhhh" over your new ringtail Mo when you're simultaneously and relentlessly "marketing" Sadie and Caesar. You have 9 gliders currently, correct? You haven't answered anyone about why there can't be some re-shuffling of colonies instead of being so insistent about getting rid of these two that are bonded to each other...and allowing them to be separated even. All the while, you're waiting for another to show up. Who is the new one going in with? What if they don't get along?

Some breeders have said you've contacted them in regards to other gliders as well. This just doesn't sit well...I'm sure you can see why. I sent you a message asking you not to spam people here so I hope you're not sending personal messages to people asking if they're interested.

Normally, this wouldn't be anyone's business but you're making it EVERYONE'S business!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
04:12:43 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sugmama</i>
<br />I was wondering why I got a pm about buying a glider I was so cunfused and my husband was wondering why I was acquiring about getting more gliders. Now I can let him know it was not me and that other people got the pm! Thanks for almost causing issues with me and my husband!!! Sry for the rant but hard to explain something to the hubby when I have no answers myself. (he knows that I love to save animals and he thought I was trying to pull a fast 1 on him)LOL.

Well, I guess that answers whether or not she's spamming here.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:13:10 PM
Faerie Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Faerie's Photo Album 1833 Posts
If I may ask, why are you getting rid of some of your gliders?
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:14:02 PM
She said they are no longer getting along with mom and dad but I think they're around 2 years old already?
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:18:19 PM
Angela Super Glider GliderMap Visit Angela's Photo Album USA 331 Posts
"Sadie" is a two year old Black Beauty female Sugar Glider. Currently, she's housed with her brother, "Ceasar" who is also two. Ceasar is a Standard Gray Neutered male Glider. They have been together since they came OOP on June 4th, 2009 and were both bred by me. They are both gorgeous Gliders and are currently being fed The Priscilla Price Diet. Sadie is a little bit more on the vocal side than her brother - and she will need a little bit more work to gain your trust. Ceasar is very shy but he's not aggressive - he just hasn't had a lot of personal interaction (I have nine Gliders and I thought these two would have sold long ago). I love both of them with all my heart, and I originally was going to keep them but I just don't think that's going to be possible. I wanted to ask around and see if anybody would be able to take in these two? I'm located in South Florida but I can hold them if I have a deposit by this Friday. I can also help to arrange a railroad and get these guys to you if need be. :-) If you're in Florida, I"ll drive and meet you. I just want to be sure I see them go to THE BEST of homes. I'm willing to sell Sadie as a companion for a Glider you already have if you are interested in just her - I'm asking $150.00 for Sadie and $325.00 for the pair. :-) Let me know if you would be interested. Thank you so much!!
Lauren

This is the pm that I was sent I never responded cause hubby was questioning me about it!!
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:19:25 PM
PawCrusader Glider 86 Posts
Agreed with everyone above. Sorry, but if you can afford a ringtailed mo, you can afford to find a way to make it work for your other two gliders to stay with their colony and home. I can't support anyone who's buying more pets while shoving the old ones out the back door. I don't see any justifiable reason for this and honestly it hits home for me since a lot of my animals have been "breeder rejects" -older animals from a litter that didn't sell and were dumped out the door once they got too big and weren't "cute" and sellable anymore. That ain't a professional breeder to me. I also find it pretty callous that you're willing to separate a bonded pair who has been together their whole life sooner than buy a separate cage. Poor babies.

Yeah, sorry, animals aren't toys for you to exchange for a prettier one when you get bored with them. Whether you intended to sell Sadie and Caesar originally does not make a difference IMO - they are your responsibility now and if I were your parents I would no way let my kid get a new pet when she wasn't able to care for the ones she already has.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
04:24:57 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kyro298</i>
<br />She said they are no longer getting along with mom and dad but I think they're around 2 years old already?

Another cage aslo what if the new glider doesn't get along with the other two, is she just gonna rehome it again that's not cool at all
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:28:57 PM
She's been asked that a few times but she has never responded. I hope, for this new one's sake, he gets along with the parents of Sadie and Caesar (that's who I'm assuming he's meant to go in with) or he might be shuffled around some more. I don't think this plan has been thought through very well.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:32:50 PM
I see, this isn't cool :/
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:44:01 PM
snowbungee Super Glider Visit snowbungee's Photo Album USA 361 Posts
Yes, I have also been getting repeated messages about Sadie. I thought I was the only one, but apparently not. I hope this gets cleared up, soon.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:49:21 PM
I thought the message was sent to me by accident, so I let it go. Now that I know she's spamming I'm a little peeved.
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:52:15 PM
snowbungee Super Glider Visit snowbungee's Photo Album USA 361 Posts
Well, I was originally interested in her, but I got two different prices, so I'm just not sure what the deal is... either way, it's too far for us to drive to pick her up, so we won't be getting her. However, the repeated messages and the constant thread spamming is getting a little out of control...

:/
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
04:58:16 PM
I would rescue her if I could her and her brother
Default, miscellaneous
May 24 2011
05:04:23 PM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts
Glad to know I'm not alone in the message about the for sale gliders. I was peeved but let it go thinking it might have been an accident... apparently not.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 24 2011
05:19:58 PM
SugarLoafin Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit SugarLoafin's Photo Album CO, USA 1755 Posts
How old is this girl? What a train wreck! Attention seeker for sure!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders