Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bald spot of chest
Bald spot of chest
Health related
Jun 01 2011
05:04:22 AM
So as I said that when I took chip to the vet we found a small diamond bald spot that wasn't overly concerning bc it looked okay. Well it's in the middle of his breast plate and it's a little longer all his fur is back and fluffier than ever but now there's this bald small line on his chest I can't really get a pic for you guys like I did the head bc its on his chest and he never let's me see his belly. I'm wondering if it's what everyone has bee talking about with wetness I can't tell if it's actually wet or if it's his skin showing irritation. It's shiny to me my family tells me I'm nuts of course! I swear they think I want to find things to bitch about! Sorry for my French! But I'm overly aggravated at this point! Everything was going so well! He's been making thy sound right before they start to bark which makes me nervous bc he never barks but I usually get him calm before he can let the bark out! I know I shouldn't worry to much bc he's getting neutered next Friday and this may or may not help with the overgrooming and that he may also get a friend that day but what if he doesn't get a friend! He isn't causing any other type of harm! And iss happy as a little bugger could be but it stresses me the hell out! Again French sorry! Any calming advice would be appreciative!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2011
06:28:06 AM
Paislee Glider GliderMap Visit Paislee's Photo Album NL, CA 131 Posts
Boys have a scent gland on their chest that may look like a small bald spot, but its normal. The wetness you see from it may just be his scent oils on his fur. It will go once he is neutered.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2011
07:08:06 AM
filly47 Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit filly47's Photo Album USA 2330 Posts
He just got neutered didn't he? It could take awhile for him to stop producing the oils that cause these bald spots. I only have girls so I'm not sure what is normal with that though, sorry! And I just read that he is getting neutered, so yeah he will still have the bald spots associated with being a male. Man I need to read the entire post first! His SM/overgrooming is done with though? That is awesome that his fur is growing back in full. Can you please post a picture of the new and improved Chip? I know about not wanting to show their bellies. Sometimes I need to look at my girls' pouches and they get very agitated at me rolling them around trying to glimpse their bellies!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2011
09:44:11 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I'm honestly concerned the vet didn't know that was his scent gland. My Daddy had such a huge one, you could still see it months after neutering.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2011
11:12:51 AM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
my male has a nice little bald spot on his chest as well! its funny because he will rub himself all over things to pass his scent around :p dont worry its a normal bald spot!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2011
03:39:21 PM
Dd Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Dd's Photo Album USA 1135 Posts
Thank u
Bald spot of chest

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bald spot of chest