Miami area/Lake Worth - HELP!
Heated Debates
Jul 20 2011
01:25:15 AM
These gliders need help!

In breeding much?

"regular brown gliders"??

Anyone? I never post things like this, because I know we can't save them all - but ... this is disgusting!

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/for/2447832456.html

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sugar Gliders for re-homing - $40 (Lake Worth)
Date: 2011-06-18, 10:16AM EDT
Reply to: sale-2yw8p-2447832456@craigslist.org

We have about 12 sugar gliders in need of re-homing. Asking $40/glider. They are a colony, we do not handle them, although many of them have been handled at one time or another. I'm not sure how many males or females we have, it's close to 50/50 I believe, but I do not have an exact count. They range in age from about 8 months to 7 years old. Most are between 2 years and 8 months old (it's the parents, 2 females and 1 male, that are 7). Please do not ask for pics of a specific glider - there are too many - they all look like the regular brown gliders, no special markings. The younger ones are more feisty, the ones that are around 2 are actually pretty nice and would most likely not take much time to get to acclimate to someone new. If you are looking for a glider at a reasonable price and are willing to spend a little time working with it to help it bond with you, then these are the gliders for you. Please do not ask me to meet you anywhere with one, as I will not.

I am also willing to sell the lot of them, including cage and all accessories for $300. Serious inquires only - reply via email and I will call or text you back.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2011
02:03:27 AM
DoubleBogey Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit DoubleBogey's Photo Album USA 1244 Posts
O...M...G.... I will make some phone calls.
Heated Debates
Jul 20 2011
06:17:13 AM
TheHomermomma Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit TheHomermomma's Photo Album 1332 Posts
I have the room to take them in but I can't pay the $300 to get them out. I have contacted them by CL to see if they are able to drive part way of I take them all. Son't know how though because I just don't have $300. I just had to do neuters on 5 and just can't put out anymore money right now.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2011
06:27:01 AM
jkr2116 Glider Visit jkr2116's Photo Album USA 185 Posts
Sigh... This makes me so sad. I imagine all "about twelve" are in the same one cage. This is pitiful. I'm always available for the rescue railroad through East Tennessee if we need to move these guys up North.
Heated Debates
Jul 20 2011
06:29:22 AM
Just need to get transpo from Lake Worth to Tampa area IF I can talk her down to a price I can afford or come up with the $300.
Heated Debates
Jul 20 2011
06:40:53 AM
I have transpo worked out already but I'm waiting for an answer back from them about dealing with the cost.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2011
06:41:31 AM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
woooooow....they must be breeding w/ eachother "dont know how many males or females"...WTF some people are infuriating. wish i could help these little guys
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2011
07:46:03 AM
dragonflycatcher Face Hugger Visit dragonflycatcher's Photo Album FL, USA 723 Posts
Alright guys, like lori said we can get a railroad together if we can come up with the money and lori is pretty good at working the price down. Anyone want to donate to the cause? I am at capacity at my house with all the new arrivals of the tiny type, but I will help transport and there are others I think I can convince to help.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2011
11:49:52 AM
Melly Joey GliderMap Visit Melly's Photo Album 44 Posts
I sent you an email Lori.
Heated Debates
Jul 20 2011
12:14:44 PM
The glider community is amazing! I have had several people who have offered help to get these babies and we so if I can come up with the rest then I'm going to get them out of there. I'm working things out with the owner now so we'll see.
Thank you all!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2011
12:37:38 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
Thank YOU, Lori.

I saw this ad, and I just prayed someone would be able to help. The "Moms and dad" are 7 ... and who knows who has bred with whom, but they all came from that original trio, and have just been allowed to breed randomly for 7 years. I'm sure there would be even more if some joeys hadn't been lost. The inbred colony of 19 I took in a year and a half ago started from 4 adults, and was only about 3-4 years going.

Lori - what is your paypal? I'll send what I'm able.

HUGS - it is going to be hard work!
Heated Debates
Jul 20 2011
12:44:01 PM
It's tinytoesgliders@gmail.com
I have heard from Melly that this lady has been doing this for a while. She had been selling the joeys to the local pet store but apparently that is now too far away. I emailed her to make sure that she is giving them ALL up and haven't heard back yet, but it sounds like she is because she said in the ad,
I am also willing to sell the lot of them, including cage and all accessories for $300. Serious inquires only - reply via email and I will call or text you back.
That sounds like all of them or why would she include the cage? I;ll keep everyone informed. Thank you to everyone who is helping get these babies out of there.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 21 2011
09:45:52 AM
OK...just an update on these guys. She will be back in town on Saturday and will call me. She IS giving up all her gliders so by getting them we will hopefully be putting her out of business for good. Thank you SO much for all of your support.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 21 2011
12:23:09 PM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
THANK YOU!

Great news!

You know you can call me if you need to! I've been there with 19 "all-in-one" rescues - all one family colony of inbred chaos. If you need a shoulder - I'm here!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders