Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Indiana Rescues
Indiana Rescues
Question
Aug 10 2011
11:27:16 AM
I am looking for a rescue in Indiana or someone that is willing to take in three additional sugar gliders. I have had my little ones for over a year now and at first I was fine and now when I get by them I start sneezing. I do not want them to have to go through that everytime I want to pet them or be around them. So, I need to look for a person that is going to take great care of them because I LOVE them! If anybody could help I would be very thankful. Thanks so much!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 10 2011
11:30:04 AM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
There are a few rescuers in your area.

Contact Connie. suggiemom1980@cinergymetro.net

Good luck!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 10 2011
02:30:56 PM
TazandEllie Face Hugger TazandEllie's Journal 467 Posts
aww wish hubby would let me have them but he says 2 IS ENOUGH! I want a few more dang it. but 2 is enough for a while.
Question
Aug 10 2011
03:26:57 PM
Faerie Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Faerie's Photo Album 1833 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by TazandEllie

aww wish hubby would let me have them but he says 2 IS ENOUGH! I want a few more dang it. but 2 is enough for a while.

Tell him I said 2 is WAY not enough!!!

~Michelle~
Question
Sep 04 2011
04:36:49 PM
TimInIndy Starting Member 1 Posts
I work with a Rescue in Central Indiana. We primarily take in cats from kill shelters, but we also take in exotics. The exotics are placed in foster homes at this time because we only house cats at our shelter. We have a wonderful foster family that has a pair of gliders and the experience to take care of them.

We do extensive checks on prospective homes. We do a background check and several home visits both prior to and after the adoption.

I would caution you that many of the "so called rescues" out there are actually breeders. They take in adult Suggies and breed them. Adults require lots of patience because they are already attached to a human, and many people shy away from them, so these "so called rescues" just leave them caged to breed, and then they sell the babies.

As we take many animals from kill shelters, we require that all the animals that we adopt out to families be spay or neutered, and we have a vet that works with Suggies and other exotics.

Let me know if you still have them. theiwig@indy.rr.com is the best way to contact me.

Tim
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 04 2011
08:28:24 PM
rammsteinmiss Face Hugger Visit rammsteinmiss's Photo Album IN, USA 506 Posts
I also live in Indiana and i have been doing a rescue home for about a year now and I have had gliders for over 3 years. I do not believe in breeding them and all the males I have taken in, I have neutered. The vets named Angela Lennox and Tara Gunn know me by name. My email is kpnicole@yahoo.com or you can message me anytime if you need. :)
Question
Sep 04 2011
08:40:51 PM
Moriko Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Moriko's Photo Album Moriko's Journal AL, USA 943 Posts
quote:

I said two was enough, then I got an e-mail from a lady telling me that if I don't come get her gliders, she's going to throw them into her yard. :(
Question
Sep 04 2011
09:19:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Moriko

quote:

I said two was enough, then I got an e-mail from a lady telling me that if I don't come get her gliders, she's going to throw them into her yard. :(

WHAT?!?!? I will be in her yard to catch them. Poor babies. That is not fair to them.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 04 2011
09:25:07 PM
Moriko Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Moriko's Photo Album Moriko's Journal AL, USA 943 Posts
After I got that e-mail, I drove 8 hours to her house to get them. I don't regret it one bit.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 04 2011
09:50:35 PM
Well yeah and the fact that you took the extra step makes it all worth while. I drove 7 hours up to Michigan to get one before. I email her and such often. If only other people that surrendered their gliders were like that. Another glider I took in is just like that and I met his former owner on here. I email her and send her pictures all the time because she wanted updates. And now stitch and my husband are the best of buds. The rescues have just as much love to give as any other glider and they just need that extra love given to them to open their hearts to you.
Question
Oct 03 2012
10:49:06 PM
southsidegirl Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by johnsons8807

I am looking for a rescue in Indiana or someone that is willing to take in three additional sugar gliders. I have had my little ones for over a year now and at first I was fine and now when I get by them I start sneezing. I do not want them to have to go through that everytime I want to pet them or be around them. So, I need to look for a person that is going to take great care of them because I LOVE them! If anybody could help I would be very thankful. Thanks so much!

Question
Oct 03 2012
10:50:23 PM
]Originally posted by johnsons8807

[/quote]
Question
Oct 03 2012
10:53:31 PM
I currently have a very lonely 3 yr old female sugar glider. I am not interested in breeding her but looking for companionship for her. I would be interested in keeping them all together with her.
uote]Originally posted by johnsons8807

[/quote]
Question
Oct 04 2012
07:23:17 AM
merrimanne Joey Visit merrimanne's Photo Album KY, USA 26 Posts
I am looking to grow my suggie family. I have three females currently. I live in KY. What part of indiana are you in?
Rescue
Oct 02 2013
05:29:22 PM
seally11855 Joey Gliderpedia Editor Visit seally11855's Photo Album USA 27 Posts
Hi, all i am looking to adopt a pair of sugar gliders so they have a nice home let me know if any of you need a new home for your babies i am in the Indianapolis area.
Question
Oct 03 2013
09:40:16 AM
Imbrium Super Glider GliderMap USA 313 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you tried any sort of allergy medications? I noticed that my boyfriend was only ever playing with Nala (my lionhead bunny) and learned that he didn't like to snuggle her bonded companion, Gazzle (my Holland Lop), because her fur really irritated him. After he got in the habit of taking a 24h allergy pill every day, he found that he could play with Gaz without suffering any allergy symptoms. Gaz's fur normally doesn't really bother me, but it can when she's molting and I have to brush her a lot - when her fur gets on my nose, it makes my nose horribly itchy for the next few hours. I tried the same OTC allergy med he uses and also found that it put a stop to my symptoms.

We take the HEB (grocery store generic brand) Claritin, which is infinitely cheaper than the name brand (only $14 or so for 100 pills, which is a 3+ month supply).

Just thought I'd offer a potential fix - at the very least, it's worth a try if it might prevent you from having to give up your babies and the "hassle" of taking a single tiny pill once a day is practically non-existent .

Edited by - Imbrium on Oct 03 2013 09:41:16 AM
Question
Mar 25 2015
11:25:33 PM
Twixy_ Joey Visit Twixy_'s Photo Album 16 Posts
I am looking to rescue a Glider to add to my home. I have one female who is spoiled and well just plain amazing! I spend most day and night with her with me in one way or the other. I just feel it would be great to have another for her when I can't be with her (and myself). Are there any in Indiana or surrounding area in need of a forever home?? Thank You!
Question
Mar 26 2015
06:56:55 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Twixy this is a really old thread and some members may not be active here anymore.

I keep seeing you posting, and glad you are looking so hard for a second glider. There is a rescue in Indiana but I'm not sure if it's still in operation you would have to email to find out.

Holly Wilhite

Madison County, IN, US
holly.wilhite@icloud.com

There is also a facebook group that you may help, this group primarily finds gliders on craigslist that need better living conditions but their are some there for rehoming as well. I believe there are like 5 members in Indiana that may be able to offer you more help locating another glider, can't hurt to ask anyway...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sugargliderguardians/
Question
Mar 26 2015
03:01:53 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
This was just posted this afternoon in that guardians group on facebook...

This is Ruby and Rocky ( intact needs neutered ). They need to find a new forever home, with someone who has knowledge of sugar gliders and has the time and patience for them. Ruby is a female 1yr old glider, and Rocky is a 2yr old male glider. They've been in their cage together for about a year now and have never mated, and don't think they will, but they are bonded to each other, so we will no separate them. Sugar gliders take time to bond with. They can nip and chirp and bark. If you do your research, it will tell you why they make the sounds they do. I only say they nip, bcuz in the beginning as they get to know you, they will possibly nip, but will not draw blood, bonding process can take a week to a couple months. Depends on how much they like you wink emoticon They both are on the Priscilla diet. Which consists of baby good and other items, I have the recipe to make their food. Its gets blended up and put into ice cube trays and frozen. You put a cube per glider in their cage about 11pm and they will eat on it for the night. I also have a list of treats and veggies/fruits they can have. Ruby and Rocky with come with a huge 5ft cage, and their pouches that they sleep in or they can come with a small transport cage. If you want them and their big cage, we are asking $350(we were asking $450 bcuz we have about $550+ invested in them) or they can come with only their transport cage for $250. If you would like more information on them, you can call me directly at 574-948-1425. These babies need more love and attention then we can give them.

Edited by - Leela on Mar 26 2015 03:04:15 PM
Question
Mar 27 2015
11:59:27 PM
Twixy_ Joey Visit Twixy_'s Photo Album 16 Posts
Are any of these Gliders still in need of a home?? I would LOVE to rescue them!
Question
Mar 28 2015
12:08:12 AM
I am not sure, you would have to call and find out, 574-948-1425
Question
Mar 31 2015
09:29:53 PM
BSUShannon Starting Member 1 Posts
I have two boys that we are currently looking to rehome. They are about 5 years old and we just do not have the time or energy to be able to take care of them the way they deserve. If you are interested in helping us find a new home for these boys please send me a message! sranderson86@gmail.com
Rescue
Aug 06 2015
02:56:18 PM
smbeiswanger Starting Member 1 Posts
Hello! I am looking to rehome my sugar glider. He is biting and I am unable to care for him any longer. I want to make sure he goes to a loving home with Glider experience. Anyone know of any places that would rehome and care for him?

Thanks
Question
Aug 06 2015
04:37:13 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sugargliderguardians/ You are welcome to join and post your gliders up for rehome we have lots of members in your state smbeiswanger

Are you surrendering him? or selling ? If you are surrendering him pleeeease let me know I can help interview new owners to make sure he gets into experienced hands.

Edited by - Leela on Aug 06 2015 04:40:09 PM
Question
Feb 02 2016
03:20:53 PM
Mariahwithlove Starting Member 1 Posts
I would love to give your babies a real home with an experienced handler not breeder I have a 6 foot cage love to have them mine passed after 14 yes please do u still have them 317-981-0022
Question
Mar 15 2017
11:26:24 PM
nunya1980 Starting Member 1 Posts

Hello I'm looking for a sugar glider rescue in Indiana to help get my sugar glider back healthy. All the vets I've taken him to have not fully known the problem or how to fix it. He got a scratch on his eye they believe which turned into an ulcer. He has been on multiple medications. They have ruled out infections or tooth abcess. The inflammation in his eye did seem to go down some while on meds but the swelling under his eye never went away. And when he's not on pain meds he keeps messing with it. I fear it needs lanced and i can't be responsible for draining it. I wish there was a sugar glider hospital out there :/ any suggestions ? nunya1980.rh@gmail.com
Question
Jun 27 2017
09:09:49 PM
taynick Starting Member 1 Posts
Hello. I am looking to rehome two adult sugar gliders in Indiana. One boy and one girl. Please let me know if interested!
Question
Nov 22 2017
01:05:03 PM
janie hall Starting Member Visit janie hall's Photo Album 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by taynick

Hello. I am looking to rehome two adult sugar gliders in Indiana. One boy and one girl. Please let me know if interested!

hello i M VERY INTERESTED. i currently have 2 females now i adopted them. how old r they can u call me and send me pics. 6183133049 my name is janie
Question
Nov 22 2017
03:49:59 PM
janie hall Starting Member Visit janie hall's Photo Album 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by johnsons8807

hello it me again have u found anyone. ur babies will be really taken care of with me i have 2 females of my own please call me so we can talk can u send me some pics. my phone is 618-313-3049
Indiana Rescues

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Indiana Rescues