Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
what color is this ?
what color is this ?
Pictures
Dec 09 2011
11:49:22 PM
what color is this glider called? I want one! How much would a female run me? As a pet, I have no interest in breeding. I am in LOVE with the colors of this little glider! I want a leu, but this one is cute, too!

Pictures
Dec 09 2011
11:56:35 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
I think they are called leucistic
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
12:00:47 AM
Angela Super Glider GliderMap Visit Angela's Photo Album USA 331 Posts

My little leu don't have any color on him, and don't have the dark ears. You can look at my album for a better pic.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
12:03:47 AM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
12:10:38 AM
eschiavoni2 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit eschiavoni2's Photo Album eschiavoni2's Journal 512 Posts
I believe that would be a platinum mosaic but I could be wrong.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
04:05:41 AM
RandE Glider Visit RandE's Photo Album USA 90 Posts
That is a platinum colored mosaic. Depending on lineage/pet only or breeding they will run you generally between $1000-$2000 depending on lineage. Or $500-$1000 for pet only.

Sterile lines will be cheaper than non-sterile lines. That is just a rough estimate of the top of my head. Some breeders will charge more or less.

Edited by - RandE on Dec 10 2011 04:06:49 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
06:15:15 AM
petluv15 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit petluv15's Photo Album petluv15's Journal 1500 Posts
You could also get a powdered out mosaic who will look essentially the same, but likely be cheaper than a platinum mosaic.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
09:22:01 AM
blythe891 Glider Visit blythe891's Photo Album 114 Posts
Oh, my!! I love the little dark ears with the white!! That little guy is so beautiful!
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
02:22:02 PM
Kozi Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Kozi's Photo Album Kozi's Journal WI, USA 1278 Posts

This little girl is a mosaic, there's a good chance she's a leu het carrier which helped her lighten up quite a bit as she got older, also her daddy's lines tend to powder out like plats, in a way. So you can definitely find mosaics that will look quite similar without actually BEING plat. :o

Edited by - Kozi on Dec 10 2011 02:22:37 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
05:50:41 PM
newby Face Hugger Visit newby's Photo Album 527 Posts
Thank you Kozi for that. Also, the only way to be a true plat mosaic is if it has plat in its lineage. Alot of mo's can be plat colored and not actual plat mosaics.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
06:30:04 PM
LuuLuu Face Hugger GliderMap Visit LuuLuu's Photo Album USA 970 Posts
why are platinums so much more than mosaics? and what's the difference? cause the pic of that little girl above is gorgeous!!! LOVE her coloring. are there any breeders of these colors here that could tell me how much these would run me?
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
08:16:45 PM
TheHomermomma Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit TheHomermomma's Photo Album 1332 Posts
MY BABY!
Amber she' just as gorgeous now.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
08:22:19 PM
jjmurph Face Hugger GliderMap Visit jjmurph's Photo Album USA 836 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mammab</i>
<br />what color is this glider called? I want one! How much would a female run me? As a pet, I have no interest in breeding. I am in LOVE with the colors of this little glider! I want a leu, but this one is cute, too!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
WOW that is a ADORABLE sugar glider I wish I had the money to buy him.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
08:24:24 PM
Lil Roxy Glider Visit Lil Roxy's Photo Album 180 Posts
The breeder I got mine from had one of these, except for it was all white with red eyes (not so cute if you ask me) and they wanted 1500.00 for her..well 2000.00 but 500.00 back when u get it neutered.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
08:26:20 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lil Roxy</i>
<br />The breeder I got mine from had one of these, except for it was all white with red eyes (not so cute if you ask me) and they wanted 1500.00 for her..well 2000.00 but 500.00 back when u get it neutered.
That sounds like a creamino and a really cheap one too most of them go for over 6 thousand $
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
08:26:48 PM
petluv15 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit petluv15's Photo Album petluv15's Journal 1500 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lil Roxy</i>
<br />The breeder I got mine from had one of these, except for it was all white with red eyes (not so cute if you ask me) and they wanted 1500.00 for her..well 2000.00 but 500.00 back when u get it neutered.

Red eyes only appear in albinos and creminos. All white with red eyes = albino, which I believe are the most expensive color variation typically.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
08:27:02 PM

that would be an albino. I'm not so much of a fan of those. lol
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
08:28:18 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mammab</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lil Roxy</i>

that would be an albino. I'm not so much of a fan of those. lol
TheHomermomma has a creamino I belive if you look in her albums you should see it
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
08:52:56 PM
ToughCheeseSmallPaws Face Hugger Visit ToughCheeseSmallPaws's Photo Album USA 579 Posts
O M G this entire thread is too cute. :D I'm dying from the cute.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
09:03:06 PM
finnessa Glider Visit finnessa's Photo Album 164 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jjmurph</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lil Roxy</i>
That sounds like a creamino and a really cheap one too most of them go for over 6 thousand $

Creminos and Albinos no longer are that high. Creminos run anywhere from $1500 to $2500 depending on the breeder and Albinos are around $3000 now.
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
09:34:41 PM
<br />why are platinums so much more than mosaics? and what's the difference? cause the pic of that little girl above is gorgeous!!! LOVE her coloring. are there any breeders of these colors here that could tell me how much these would run me?

Platinums are harder to get than mosaics. Platinum is a recessive gene in which both parents need to have the recessive gene in order to produce one. With mosaics, only one parent needs to show the coloring for it to be passed on. Also, platinum gliders are still fairly new- while mosaics have been around a while.

Note there IS a difference in the coloring of a true platinum and a mosaic. The glider in the picture is a "platinum colored" mosaic. A mosaic with that pretty silver coloring- it is still just a mosaic just with more descriptive title. A True platinum is a color like creme-ino or leucistic- there is no white on the glider.

It IS possible to have a true platinum mosaic. In which the glider has is genetically a true platinum that ALSO shows mosaic coloring- but they are not common and the glider in the picture is not a true platinum.

Also, to whoever posted about the creme-inos being 6K- that is incorrect. You can find a lot of creme-inos for $1500-$2500 now days and you could possibly pay less than $1000 for a neutered male. Albinos are more expensive because they are not common and usually run about $3000-$4000.

HTH!

Edited by - RandE on Dec 10 2011 09:36:07 PM
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
09:38:25 PM
becpop91 Super Glider Visit becpop91's Photo Album KY, USA 247 Posts
<br />why are platinums so much more than mosaics? and what's the difference? cause the pic of that little girl above is gorgeous!!! LOVE her coloring. are there any breeders of these colors here that could tell me how much these would run me?

A platinum is a recessive gene so it is harder to produce than a mosaic which is a dominate gene. There are a few true plat mosaics but most are platinum colored mosaics who some breeders call silver mosaics to try and make it less confusing. They normally run around $1500-$1000. You might want to look into getting a male. Many breeders do not do pet only females because it is hard to make sure they are not bred.
The ear color and everything varies from each glider because the mosaic gene pretty much never produces the exact same look twice. Here is one my pair produced.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
09:47:20 PM
sorry I thoughtthey were a lot more expensive
Pictures
Dec 10 2011
11:25:48 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by becpop91</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mammab</i>

A platinum is a recessive gene so it is harder to produce than a mosaic which is a dominate gene. There are a few true plat mosaics but most are platinum colored mosaics who some breeders call silver mosaics to try and make it less confusing. They normally run around $1500-$1000. You might want to look into getting a male. Many breeders do not do pet only females because it is hard to make sure they are not bred.
The ear color and everything varies from each glider because the mosaic gene pretty much never produces the exact same look twice. Here is one my pair produced.

this one is adorable, too! He looks a little dirty (not bright white) on his face and front legs, though. ... I have 2 males and a female, I really want a female to even it out. I'm not sure adding a 3rd male to 1 female would be such a great idea....? ..... so, this lil guy is a silver mosaic?
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 10 2011
11:47:27 PM
snowbungee Super Glider Visit snowbungee's Photo Album USA 361 Posts
This thread is so squeeeeee :)
Pictures
Dec 11 2011
12:03:18 AM
Yes, that joey is a silver mosaic. He looks dirty because he is very young (probably 4-5 weeks) and is still pouch stained from his mom.

If the males are neutered adding another neutered male should not make a difference. A lot of breeders will not do pet only on females- so you'd be paying breeding price which can be $1500.

Here is another example of a platinum colored (silver) mosaic:

Edited by - RandE on Dec 11 2011 12:10:56 AM
Pictures
Dec 11 2011
12:42:38 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

I want THIS baby!!!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 11 2011
01:07:12 AM
scoutandmiko Glider 122 Posts
Becpop your glider is SO cute! Love the colors and it's cute face
I want a mosaic but they are usually pretty expensive. How much is a mosaic usually,anyone know?
Love platinums too but I can't afford one
Pictures
Dec 11 2011
01:16:08 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scoutandmiko</i>
<br />Becpop your glider is SO cute! Love the colors and it's cute face
I want a mosaic but they are usually pretty expensive. How much is a mosaic usually,anyone know?
Love platinums too but I can't afford one

As was said before, it depends on the lineage the color and whether it will be pet only or breeding.

non sterile line gliders will be probably $1000-$2000 depending on color. Probably $500-$1000 for pet only- again depending on color.

sterile lines will be cheaper and are not recommended to be bred by the novice (or really at all)
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 11 2011
08:21:02 AM
Something_To_Believe_In Face Hugger Visit Something_To_Believe_In's Photo Album 647 Posts
Believe it or not, mosaics are now showing up in rescue homes. They aren't as expensive as they once were due to the abundance of them.
what color is this ?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
what color is this ?