Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hygiene Tips.
Hygiene Tips.
Question
Feb 23 2012
10:01:20 PM
Im having a problem with my two gliders throwing food outside their cage and it ends up in the middle of the room along with poop on the floor.Im having to vaccum at least three times a day.Is there anything i can do to keep it off the floor?
Question
Feb 23 2012
10:05:56 PM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts
Use a glider kitchen and a cage cover.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 23 2012
10:10:33 PM
britters08 Joey Visit britters08's Photo Album 18 Posts
what is a glider kitchen? my gliders freak when they have something covering their cage so that isnt an option.
Question
Feb 23 2012
10:23:52 PM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts

Just a plastic container you put their dishes in. I use a plastic shoe box from WalMart (98cents)...cut an opening or two and whalah. Place the dishes on the bottom then put the "lid" on. It helps contain the mess.
This is the first one I ever made so it's quite crude but it works.

Default, miscellaneous
Feb 23 2012
10:30:16 PM
GlidingHome Joey Visit GlidingHome's Photo Album 23 Posts
Glider Kitchens take many forms. Usually a small/medium size plastic tub with a hole cut in either the side or top that you can put their food dishes in. They gliders then crawl through the hole to get their food and (hopefully) leave their mess in there so you can just take out the whole thing in the morning wash it with dishes and drastically cut down on the amount of food that gets all over inside and out of the cage.
Here are a few links to give you and idea;
www.sarahssuggieshoppe.com/glider-kitchens.html
Error, missing URL. m
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 23 2012
10:31:51 PM
britters08 Joey Visit britters08's Photo Album 18 Posts
im going to have to try that.thanks so much.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 24 2012
01:05:18 PM
Zepp Starting Member 4 Posts
Yes I made one of these for my gliders and when they are done it looks like they had a food fight in there! It is worth making!! Love it!
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 24 2012
04:04:25 PM
eva44 Glider GliderMap Visit eva44's Photo Album 134 Posts
I don't have a cage cover on top of my cage but I did wrap a fleece blanket around the back and 2 sides and it helps stuff stay in the cage.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 25 2012
12:01:07 AM
ToughCheeseSmallPaws Face Hugger Visit ToughCheeseSmallPaws's Photo Album USA 579 Posts
My dog cleans up the floor after my gliders... XD
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 25 2012
12:19:56 AM
BookGoddes Face Hugger Visit BookGoddes's Photo Album 482 Posts
Love out glider kitchens! Sadly the second one we made the whole looks a mess, it just would not cut right and we do not have a drill or anything. I think I might order one from some place!
Hygiene Tips.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hygiene Tips.