Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sugar Glider Wins Big
Sugar Glider Wins Big
Information
Mar 24 2012
07:59:34 AM
As many of you know the Squishables (stuffed toy company) had a three week competition to determine what their next animal creation would be. After thousands of votes the Sugar Glider was the winner. But the suggie wins so much more than just stuffed animal status. People who have never heard of sugar gliders will start researching what they are. They will gain the knowledge of the time and commitment these wonderful creatures take.
Having the Squishable Sugar Glider marketed is just like having a billboard or commercial. It sparks peoples interest to find out more. ("So it's not a squirrel". " They are considered exotic pets and take a lot of commitment". "Theyre not legal in some states". "Wow, look at what you need to fed them". The more people know about our furry lir. friends the better Now if we can just get a car named after them.
Information
Mar 24 2012
09:13:35 AM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
Woot for the suggies! I hope they have the good sense to make a hangtag with pertinent information.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 24 2012
02:33:56 PM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
i wonder if the company would do a partnership thing with some of the legal rescues like luckyglider/Ed. maybe donate some of the profit or just education stuff. companies love to do that kind of stuff. esp since this was a voter involved choice and its obvious that there are tons of glider lovers/owners who voted. they could also try to partner up with glider rescues in Australia and help educate about gliders and destruction of their habitat. that would be very neat if they did that.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 24 2012
04:48:32 PM
tandt1n2 Glider IN, USA 64 Posts
That are making the sloth too! I think thats cool. Go check out the designs for them on the march madness page. They are really cute.
Information
Mar 24 2012
05:36:45 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
Anybody know how much they'll be?
Sugar Glider Wins Big

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sugar Glider Wins Big