Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
What the heck is WRONG with you ppl?! (Rant)
Next |
Page: of 2
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
07:50:33 AM
Why can't you ppl commit? It angers me to see the recent failed adoptions, surrendering of so and so, rehoming. It's always about YOU, isn't it? Can't be bothered to make things work. No time? MAKE time. Not enough money? Bull. Go plan ahead and save up. Quit putting yourself first with that video game you "had to have", quit going out to eat so much, having drinks with friends.

But you know what? On the other hand...I'm glad you've decided to give them up. I wouldn't want them with such a selfish S.O.B as you. My only hope is that YOU are treated as "well" as you treated your pets.

I hope someone finds you so expendable. I hope you were at their beck and call and whim--and when they are done with you, you're tossed aside, because they don't "have time for you" or "you're just too expensive and we're going to have to let you go."

Obviously, none of you have ever gone through a rehome. I HAVE. I was orphaned at the age of 12 and gone through 3 different homes after that. Never did find a home except for the one I made. And let me tell you, it sucked. It was traumatic--EVERY STINKING TIME I HAD TO START OVER.

So you take your lame, feeble excuses. I for one, do not care for them. It just shows your lack of love, your lack of planning, your lack of consideration. Go ahead. Go do "your thing." I hope the world eats you alive and spits you out again. Cuz you know what? Karma is going to get you and I am going to clap my hands off when it does.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
07:57:06 AM
TONYA1W1 Super Glider Visit TONYA1W1's Photo Album TONYA1W1's Journal USA 216 Posts
i feel the same way
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
07:57:50 AM
sjones5254 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit sjones5254's Photo Album SC, USA 2415 Posts
Welcome to everyone's frustration's with trying to push the proper care of gliders :)
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
08:41:41 AM
renee14150 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit renee14150's Photo Album 1850 Posts
I hear ya - unfortunately it's not just gliders. We live in a very impulse driven society. I remember when my daughter was little and 101 dalmations came out. Everyone was buying puppy dalmations for their children and there was this overload of rehomes because these people didn't do their research. These are very high strung dogs with a ton of energy and of course it was too much for the majority of those impulse buyers. Broke my heart.
Same with gliders - even if you do have an opportunity to talk to a new prospective owner, very often they just don't listen. They want what they want right now and live in that moment without full consideration.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
08:52:30 AM
valkyriemome Goofy Gorillatoes Visit valkyriemome's Photo Album USA 3479 Posts
This is America! Pets are disposable. Get used to it!
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
08:56:29 AM
dpatters28 Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit dpatters28's Photo Album USA 3134 Posts
Everything is disposable, not just pets. Including (and especially) people.

But I do feel you, Rebecca. It disgusts me that people have such little regard for any kind of life. I makes me want to reach through the computer screen and throttle people.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
09:10:47 AM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts
Very true...and with Easter fast approaching you're gonna see the bunnies and the baby chicks being discarded in a month or two.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
09:44:49 AM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
Yep and Kitties and puppies at Christmas. People just don't look past the cuteness of a pet until it's too late.
quote:
Originally posted by JazzNZoeysmom

Very true...and with Easter fast approaching you're gonna see the bunnies and the baby chicks being discarded in a month or two.

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
10:42:04 AM
KritterCare Face Hugger Visit KritterCare's Photo Album KritterCare's Journal USA 633 Posts
It drives me crazy... When you get a pet, it is a LIFELONG commitment, just as having a child is. I wish I could help all the abandoned animals, but I simply cannot...
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
10:56:42 AM
clk666 Glider GliderMap 73 Posts
to alot of people pets are a fad, a time consumer,a money maker, and just something to spend your money on "right now" but because there are always people like that its always going to be like that...they will sell to the next person who will sell to the next person, then they will end up in a rescue who will find them a home who will eventually do something that they canot keep their pets and will sell to the next person.

no one thinks pets have a right because they cant speak for themselves...so we speak for them.... but just like children they should be fed every night proper food and given attention not just discarded....but

people like us who are on here helping giving info and trying to save every animal we can are the ones who arent speaking FOR them.....were trying to speak WITH them...lol

have any of you ever spoken to yous suggie? oh i bet you have.. haha i know i do
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
11:10:45 AM
clk666 what's wrong with having a conversation with your suggie?? I do all the time they don't talk back, they listen to every word and those big eyes just say love me
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
11:37:41 AM
haha nothing worng with it at all, thats what im saying...

mine have convos back lol
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
11:48:42 AM
sugie bandit Super Glider Visit sugie bandit's Photo Album 252 Posts
I understand your frustration. My frustration is that I'm not in a position to give some of them a furever home. I love the two babies I have, and would love to have more, but I need to be realistic.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
12:06:41 PM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
People who don't neuter their pets are also on my "Rant" list. Unless you are of an age where you don't know about the birds and the bees…no excuse! Lack of money is not a valid excuse! Or, as someone else on this forum put it:

"If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet."

(*If you are a responsible breeder, you are exempt from my rant.)

Extra babies are preventable, ppl!
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
12:10:10 PM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
I mean, really! If you can't afford a neuter, get girls only.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
12:14:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RChurch

If you can't afford a neuter don't get any :) I agree unless you are a responsible breeder and we do have several great breeders on here.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
12:19:48 PM
Responsible breeders being the exception.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
01:16:52 PM
Magdals Face Hugger Visit Magdals's Photo Album 453 Posts
I feel as though many people who adopt sugar glider's don't realize that they are not buying a cute fuzzy pet. They are bringing another member into their family who needs the same time and energy that you would put into any good relationship. Because when happy and on a good diet they can live for so long it sometimes seems like the pet they bought stops fitting into their lifestyle a few years down the road and maybe the owner didn't do much to challenge that.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
02:04:41 PM
dancingbeyor Face Hugger Visit dancingbeyor's Photo Album 423 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by RChurch

Or if you do not have any other pets of that species. Our dog is not neutered and it's going to stay that way. But then again, we only have 1 dog. The only time he actually interacts with other dogs is on walks which is very often but also on a leash and under supervision. We will have 3 dogs when we move to China ME but Percy won't meet them and the are both male.

But yes I completely agree with you Rebbecca. The irrisponsability these days is absolutely ridiculous. Sadly this is america, we are humans, and as long as those 2 things stay the same this will likely stay the same as well. Though it undoubtably will improve, it won't go away. No matter how hard we try, you just simply cannot change everyone's mind.

Truly sad how many animals end up dead or almost so because of simple ignorance.
Information
Apr 05 2012
02:38:11 PM

ive seen that quote before RChurch .....

good ol' amber's meme

Edited by - clk666 on Apr 05 2012 02:43:11 PM
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
02:54:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sjones5254

clk666 what's wrong with having a conversation with your suggie?? I do all the time they don't talk back, they listen to every word and those big eyes just say love me

Mine chatter to me when I talk to them. It's tooooo cute.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
02:57:22 PM
I'd like to add to this thread, that pet ownership has improved over the years. With the programs on cable (animal cops, etc), with the ASPCA funding commercials, with pet fundraisers and festivals, yes...I believe pet ownership has improved over the years. It may seem bad, and I know there are a lot of unwanted and unloved pets in the world, but it's not as bad as it used to be. The human race can, will, and is learning.

edited to correct typo.

Edited by - sugie bandit on Apr 05 2012 02:59:23 PM
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
03:00:58 PM
LHill Super Glider Visit LHill's Photo Album LHill's Journal VA, USA 347 Posts
Wish I could give you a hug,sorry you had to go through that growing up. I'm glad you were able to make a home for yourself and have such good values! I agree with you completely
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
04:15:40 PM
BookGoddes Face Hugger Visit BookGoddes's Photo Album 482 Posts
We had some very helpful members here get to the breaking point when dealing with such people your ranting about. They dealt with it negatively and stopped trying to baby said people. It went badly for them.

We are reminded that if we are not kindly helping people than we will not be able to help their gliders. I get it. I also though get the aggravation if helping and being ignored and lied to and time wasted.

I think there are times to vent.

I look at my gliders though, wild little things that are not sweet, that might never be. I have given some years of patience so far and I will keep doing so. Do other human beings not deserve the same kindness and care as my gliders? After all people are animals too and they can be just as broken and lost and in need of help to be shown the right way and forgiven for the wrong they do. Shouldn't I have patience with their wildness too?

We all love gliders but sometimes I think we forget that people are deserving of dignity and patience too. If we do not have that patience at the time we should step back. If we get upset with them, we too should be forgiven our short comings and supported for being the beings that we are.

The world would be a better place if more people treated other human beings like they do their beloved pets. The world would be better if people treated pets as they do those humans they love.
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
04:32:01 PM
BookGoddes, you're absolutely right. After so many of years, and so many difficult people, I'm rather cynical about humanity, and sometimes I forget how to be nice. I'm trying, though.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
05:15:24 PM
jakeelwood Super Glider Visit jakeelwood's Photo Album NJ, USA 396 Posts
Agreed with everything above.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
05:17:41 PM
chewysmom Glider Visit chewysmom's Photo Album 65 Posts
I get upset with our society when I drive past a field that is being plowed down just to erect another mcdonalds for peoples convenience. Who cares about all the animals that died in the process because we really need a fast food restaurant on every corner. we have forgotten what life is, people are dissconnected, unhappy, and lost.
Everything living is subjected to humanities cruelity. One day it will all be better- we'll be dead:-)
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
05:42:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LHill

Wish I could give you a hug,sorry you had to go through that growing up. I'm glad you were able to make a home for yourself and have such good values! I agree with you completely

Thank you! You're a sweetie. But I honestly wouldn't change a thing. It has made me who I am: stronger.

Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
05:47:48 PM
dancingbeyor Face Hugger Visit dancingbeyor's Photo Album 423 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by chewysmom

I get upset with our society when I drive past a field that is being plowed down just to erect another mcdonalds for peoples convenience. Who cares about all the animals that died in the process because we really need a fast food restaurant on every corner. we have forgotten what life is, people are dissconnected, unhappy, and lost.
Everything living is subjected to humanities cruelity. One day it will all be better- we'll be dead:-)

I agree completely and wholey. I simply can't stand it. I honestly think it would be so much better if we never existed. And because of this my older sister called me a dirt whorshipping tree hugger. Fine. Then I'm a dirt whorshipping tree hugger.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2012
05:59:23 PM
chewysmom Glider Visit chewysmom's Photo Album 65 Posts
Ahhhh- and there is my laugh for the day- your sister has very interesting vocabulary! :-)
Heated Debates
Apr 05 2012
06:14:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BookGoddes

We had some very helpful members here get to the breaking point when dealing with such people your ranting about. They dealt with it negatively and stopped trying to baby said people. It went badly for them.

We are reminded that if we are not kindly helping people than we will not be able to help their gliders. I get it. I also though get the aggravation if helping and being ignored and lied to and time wasted.

I think there are times to vent.

I look at my gliders though, wild little things that are not sweet, that might never be. I have given some years of patience so far and I will keep doing so. Do other human beings not deserve the same kindness and care as my gliders? After all people are animals too and they can be just as broken and lost and in need of help to be shown the right way and forgiven for the wrong they do. Shouldn't I have patience with their wildness too?

We all love gliders but sometimes I think we forget that people are deserving of dignity and patience too. If we do not have that patience at the time we should step back. If we get upset with them, we too should be forgiven our short comings and supported for being the beings that we are.

The world would be a better place if more people treated other human beings like they do their beloved pets. The world would be better if people treated pets as they do those humans they love.

With FEW exceptions, I don't have a lot of compassion for people. MOST people (adults, anyway) CAN get out of their bad scenarios. Got an abusive boss/spouse/significant other? GET THE HECK OUT. There is no one "caging" you up (we hope) and keeping you there. If you are "caged up", it's in your head: SO LEAVE.

But these pets don't have that option, do they? Well, admittedly, some do and some do indeed run away. And it doesn't end there for them. Some get hit by a car, or taken by predators. It's sad.

I will feel badly for people who honestly don't know any better. People make mistakes. You can fix mistakes. But you know what you cannot fix? Apathy, plain and simple apathy. You cannot make someone care if they do not.

In my opinion, no. (Some) people do NOT deserve the same kindness and care as animals. The behavior of animals make sense to me. (Some) humans seem dissatisfied at ruining their own lives; they want to ruin each others' as well. When they are a destructive force like that, I have no compassion for them. I have learned that for these types of "people", it doesn't matter if you show them kindness or curses, they will not change. They are going to do what they are going to do and that's it. If they want kindness and care, they should earn it by being kind and caring. I am all out of freebies.

Just know that I am not talking about the people who DO care about their pets and made honest to gosh mistakes. I am talking about the selfish, narcissistic sociopath whose only concern is pleasing themselves, and not at all about giving back to those who depend upon them. I am talking about the soul-sucking vampires of the world whose only interest is their own interest. The ones who think, "I know! I'll get a pet so someone will love me unconditionally." They don't think about reciprocation. Those are the ones that have my fury.

Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat