Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Share your theme/theme ideas...
Off topic chat
Apr 17 2012
08:07:18 PM
I thought it would be nice for everyone to share their theme/theme ideas. I know someone has a forest them and another a greek/roman theme...this way if someone is looking for a theme/theme idea (like I was) there is a thread for it ;)

As noted in the topic "gender neutral" I decided to go with country/western.
Thanks to RChurch for helping me!

Here is my fleece (yourfleece.com though I did find a few yards at walmart)

Here is the tractors (found at walmart)

Here is a cage set I'm purchasing to go with-she's adding more pieces and I am getting it end of May/begining of June Wendi Harvey did/is make/making it.

Here are some (2") farm animal toys I'm going to put in a ball pit type thing

Foraging toy (part of it) idea 1 (orientaltrading.com)

Foraging toy (part of it) idea 2) (orientaltrading.com)

Rubber duckies I thought were really cute but idk how I'll use them (orientaltrading.com)

Bells (to add to foraging and other toys) (monsterspirit.com for cowbells, I already ordered liberty bells off ebay)

Sorry for posting the source I just don't want to get in any copyright trouble :P
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 17 2012
08:24:14 PM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
great ideal's
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 17 2012
08:42:01 PM
heidiness Super Glider Visit heidiness's Photo Album USA 380 Posts
You can put the rubber duckies on craft lace with the foraging cups and beads. It's be totally cute!
Off topic chat
Apr 18 2012
10:27:45 PM
petluv15 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit petluv15's Photo Album petluv15's Journal 1500 Posts
Heart Cage Theme:

Monkey Cage Theme(needs a few more toys!)

Shamrock Cage Theme:

And last, but certainly not least is my FAVORITE:
Purple Cage Theme with my PURPLE Custom Choice Cruiser

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 18 2012
11:15:00 PM
CountrynCrafty Face Hugger GliderMap Visit CountrynCrafty's Photo Album CountrynCrafty's Journal USA 427 Posts
Thay are all soooo cute! Thanks for sharing...I think I recognize some of the toys lol
Off topic chat
Apr 18 2012
11:30:25 PM
Willows Tree Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Willows Tree's Photo Album USA 1294 Posts

My most recent redecoration has been with safety in mind, for the joey..So my cage looks a bit bare, for the time being, until I don't have to worry about Mom & Dad staying in one pouch with the beebee.
This is my pirate theme cage, in Baltimore Ravens colors.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 19 2012
03:11:32 PM
lilangels Super Glider Visit lilangels's Photo Album 315 Posts
I love the pirate cage set theme...I just did this same theme for my ferret cage a few weeks ago.
Top level of ferret cage

bottom level of ferret cage
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 19 2012
03:16:06 PM
lilangels Super Glider Visit lilangels's Photo Album 315 Posts
a few more cage sets for theme ideas...
Gumball theme...

tea party theme

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 19 2012
04:00:32 PM
CountrynCrafty Face Hugger GliderMap Visit CountrynCrafty's Photo Album CountrynCrafty's Journal USA 427 Posts
lilangels those are adorable-thank you for sharing!
Off topic chat
Apr 20 2012
11:00:13 PM
piratektty Super Glider Visit piratektty's Photo Album USA 219 Posts
Not sure why my reply didnt post, but i will try again ...

I love this post! everyone is so creative! I have a jungle theme right now and i plan on switching it out for different seasons/holidays. When i get time, ill show my theme (which is still in progress)

BTW, i live on a farm and love the farm theme! id love to see a picture of your completed set!

Edited by - piratektty on Apr 20 2012 11:00:37 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 21 2012
12:03:21 AM
Piratekitty:
When I complete it I promise I will post pictures, right now it's a work in progress ;)
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 21 2012
01:27:47 AM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
where do you get the ship from?
Off topic chat
Apr 21 2012
09:03:56 AM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
You can try garage sales and goodwill for cool toys like that. I don't get ours anything cool like that because all they do is poop and pee on it.
quote:
Originally posted by baby.girl

where do you get the ship from?

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 21 2012
10:45:07 PM
Willows Tree Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Willows Tree's Photo Album USA 1294 Posts
Very cool pirate ship Lilangels!..Where did You find that?
Off topic chat
Apr 23 2012
12:56:05 AM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts

Spring theme (by Vicious)

Washington State University themed (by Vicious)

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 23 2012
01:37:17 AM
angel mom what is that on the top right? Both are nice!
Off topic chat
Apr 23 2012
07:00:49 AM
LuuLuu Face Hugger GliderMap Visit LuuLuu's Photo Album USA 970 Posts
FROGS- I just bought new froggy fleece, just not made anything yet

Christmas/Snowflakes

camo

owls

Fugly green plad

(please note, Some I have made, some I have not. The suggie comb is not for sale nor do I sell it, I don't know who the original person who developed the comb is)
Off topic chat
Apr 29 2012
02:50:30 AM
So i decided to spruce up my gengi tent and make play time more fun. Anyone who has a gengi will know it is that bright blue color with a yellow trim. I decided to work with those colors so that my tent set will coordinate. I am thinking of going with a circus theme.

I work at a fabric shop and we just got this collection of fabrics called "go safari". The zebra print for some reason is calling to me I know how to sew so I will make bridges, maybe corner pieces, a cube or two, maybe a hammock, ropes etc with matching fleece on line on the other side.

I thought this would make a fun floor toy:

Also I was going to make a ball pit with this plastic popcorn container. You can buy plastic popcorn on a string. I was thinking of unstringing the popcorn and filling up the popcorn pit with it . It will depend on how safe the popcorns look

Also instead of barrel on monkeys I found these circus themed toys that could work in the same manner. :

While I can sew, i am not really a great toy maker so i may try to find a vendor to make me a hanging toy. I really want one with a plastic zebra and in yellows and blues to match, but i figure i can do some online hopping once I start getting things made.

I'll post pictures of my completed tent once i get it all together - just thought id share my ideas. If anyone else has fun ideas, feel free to throw them my way!
Off topic chat
Apr 29 2012
08:28:04 AM
Something_To_Believe_In Face Hugger Visit Something_To_Believe_In's Photo Album 647 Posts
Bees

Sweets

A few of my many Halloween cages

Christmas Theme

I have made many, many themed sets (cage set and matching toys) for customers. The "theme" possibilities are endless. I also regularly put together themed pre-made sets for sell. There are so many different themes one can successfully find safe items for. Your imagination is the limit.

Off topic chat
Apr 29 2012
09:56:47 AM
something to believe in - do you have a website? your sets are sooo cute! I know how to sew and can make some things (pouches, bridges, corner pieces, vines, etc) but i am a terrible terrible toy maker and would rather purchase those. Can you put together toys for sets? Down the road i will also be interested in purchasing a premade halloween and christmas set.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 23 2012
04:18:19 PM
Glimmer N Clove Glider Visit Glimmer N Clove's Photo Album USA 59 Posts
Great themes!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat