Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Looking to Sell your Sugar Glider/s? MUST READ
Information
Sep 11 2012
08:08:03 PM
For all those looking into selling your baby suggies for whatever reason.
FIRST check Craigslist in your area and other sites like Woobly.com to see if there are people looking to care for them close by. BUT Be Careful and make sure you meet with everyone who lives in the household.

A couple things to make sure you find a good home:

1. Meet them face to face to see what kind of people they are.

2. Have them hold the babies while you are there to see how they handle them.

3. Write up a sheet for them to follow of the routine and diet they are on.

4. Ask to see pictures of where they are going to be putting the babies, this makes sure they are not going to neglect them. a Messy house means they are NOT going to be good parents as they dont even have enough time to keep a clean house. Much less a clean cage.

5. Before you even meet with them, text or call them several times to make sure they are still showing interest. The last thing you want it to give your suggies to a home that will neglect them.

6. If the person interested has a baby politely decline them, parents who have a baby or even a toddler MOST of the time wont have the time your suggie needs. Sugar glider rquire alot of attention and unfortuantely alot of people want one because they think of it as an exotic hamster.

ANYONE ELSE WITH COMMENTS TO ADD FEEL FREE!!!

Lets try and help those suggies find NEW HOMES

Edited by - MARINE on Sep 11 2012 08:09:02 PM
Information
Sep 11 2012
08:40:34 PM
SuggieSpoiler Super Glider Visit SuggieSpoiler's Photo Album FL, USA 278 Posts
You also want to make sure that if they have other animals (dogs, cats, etc) they will keep them away from the babies.

And make sure you are also safe when selling them. Bring a friend/family member or two when you meet. Better safe than sorry. :)
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
08:54:11 PM
MARINE Glider Visit MARINE's Photo Album USA 111 Posts
VERY TRUE
Information
Sep 11 2012
08:57:33 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
I don't keep the tidiest of homes but I keep the cage clean.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
09:29:40 PM
kare_1818 Glider Visit kare_1818's Photo Album USA 118 Posts
Be sure that they have a knowledgeable vet available that they can go to.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
09:39:42 PM
nolaglider Super Glider Visit nolaglider's Photo Album USA 243 Posts
Make sure they have done all of the research prior to purchasing the suggies. Make sure they know exactly what they are getting themselves into with these animals with every aspect of ownership...diet, play time, interaction, proper care and handling, proper environment, etc. Its also a good idea to tell them as with any animal, they should have the funds to be able to take them to the vet at any time in case of emergencies. If they dont have the funds to be able to do that and keep up with everything required like food, toys, water, etc. then they dont need to own an animal like this.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
09:49:10 PM
All very good ideas!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
09:53:33 PM
CountrynCrafty Face Hugger GliderMap Visit CountrynCrafty's Photo Album CountrynCrafty's Journal USA 427 Posts
I find offense to your clean home statement and also the baby/toddler statement.

I have 2 toddlers; They don't go near my cage 99.5% of the time and if I DO let them near the cage then they just look at the toys. My kids are asleep before I do tent time, they are asleep even before the gliders get up. If I need to take the gliders to the vet then I either bring the kids or my husband watches them-and they are well behaved at the Veterinarian too.

Also what do you define as "clean"? My clean and your clean are probably two different things. I love it when my house is all dusted and windex'd, all my papers are put in there proper places, etc. BUT I know that with a family I can't spend all day cleaning because then I would be neglecting them-and I don't at night cause that's when I spend time with my gliders-so, as long as laundry is "done" (it's never done), the floors and counters are clean, dishes clean, etc then my house is clean. My gliders get an hour of tent time every night, so if I leave dishes in the sink one night it doesn't mean that my gliders are neglected. There are lots of respected breeders who have children, I guarantee from time to time they leave their socks on the floor.

I don't think you need to judge people with out knowing their situation.

With my gliders from Cora she asked me things like: What diet do I feed/plan on feeding, what size cage will they be in, who is my ER Vet, how much tent time will they receive? These are more important then pictures of a spotless house and whether or not they have a baby/toddler.

Information
Sep 11 2012
09:57:35 PM
If you take offense I apologize, with every situation there is an exception... however this was more of a generalization.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
10:09:41 PM
Nell Glider United Kingdom 64 Posts
I like to get videos of gliders I'm buying, that way you can see fur quality more accurately, as well as temperament. It also shows the people advertising actually care for their gliders as they have put more effort in to get a video for you :)
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
10:15:06 PM
nolaglider Super Glider Visit nolaglider's Photo Album USA 243 Posts
Even better when you can go to the breeder and see all the suggies available in person, even interact with them a little before deciding and purchasing.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
10:41:45 PM
I believe this FORUM will help sellers and Buyers alike! THANK YOU for the contributions!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 12 2012
05:16:31 PM
sldy63 Super Glider GliderMap Visit sldy63's Photo Album 282 Posts
I don't feel offended by the clean house comment, but I do choose to play with my babies rather than do house cleaning at times, and I clean their cage before I do other house work. And while my house may be "clean" I do have clutter that probably wouldn't look too good in a picture.

If someone I was getting a glider from asked to see pictures of my house I would be very leery of them. If I take a picture of an empty spot in my house what does that tell you? Or just a clean cage? I would not want to send a picture of my living room to a stranger letting them know what items they could steal from me. And how hard would it be for someone to push their junk to the side to take a picture of a spot big enough for a cage? Or take a picture in someone else's house? Or a furniture store even?

I wouldn't want a stranger coming to my house if I were rehoming a pet, and I know I would be leery about going to a stranger's home, even with a friend. I would prefer to meet in a public place.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 13 2012
01:01:18 AM
Some people are reading too deeply into this...
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 13 2012
01:11:14 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
That's what happens when you post generalizations. You will always touch on something that everyone might not agree on.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 13 2012
01:20:32 AM
good to know.. lol
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 13 2012
04:43:34 AM
sweetandsour79 Glider 135 Posts
lol I have 4 kids my youngest being 3 and I have a english mastiff who is over 200 hopefully will be like his dad and reach 300 :) and I have OCD. My younger kids love to watch them and diamond being the loving girl as long as i hold her she will let them pet. Sarge my pup he just loves to watch them play. He doesnt even get to close to their cage because he one time put his nose up to it and hatees reached out and grabbed it. He jumped and ran lol. As far as clean well not a problem. It all is about the knowledge one has how they are prepared. It would be hard with a newborn but it could be done with a devoted person. I myself researched for a while before getting my girls. So I knew what I was getting into. But I do admit I have alot still to learn. As far as vet that is covered. no animal will come into the home without going to the vet. I do understand what is trying to be said it is different placing a snuggie in a home then a cat or dog. More steps to take and more education to be done.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 13 2012
09:57:00 PM
Exactly.. thats pretty much what I was trying to get across.. NICE POST!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 16 2015
07:43:57 AM
FallingFlower Starting Member Visit FallingFlower's Photo Album FallingFlower's Journal 2 Posts
2 Baby Sugar Gliders for sale. One is a
Male Platinum Colored Mosaic: AKA Powered Mosaic. Out of Pouch March. 16th and will be ready for his new family June 30th. He has a very sweet/clam temperament and has been handled every day for about an hour, He is very curious and and loves toys. $1200 OBO

His Brother is a common male with a VERY laid back temperament and handled every day for about an hour. Out of Pouch March 16th and will be ready to leave his parents June 30th. He is a little shy and loves pockets. $175
Please only experience owners.
will come with a safe food list, and linage/genetics

Information
May 16 2015
09:34:46 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I am curious though why you chose to revive a 3 year old thread to make your first post here to sell your joeys.
Information
May 16 2015
12:17:42 PM
FallingFlower Starting Member Visit FallingFlower's Photo Album FallingFlower's Journal 2 Posts
Sorry about that. New to forms in gen.
I'm not honestly sure where to put my ad.
Information
May 16 2015
10:03:15 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Just start a new topic of your own. It would also help to put your location so interested buyers would know how far away you are from them.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders