Sugar Gliders
Pocket Pets!
Next |
Page: of 3
Pocket Pets!
Heated Debates
Jan 05 2013
06:38:09 PM
This is not a "heated debate" but the flaming icon matches my mood right now! I have a friend and he and his fiancé have a glider. They were misinformed about a lot of things and I was trying to give my friend the correct information and he sends me a link to the pocket pets website to try and correct me. I am so mad! I hate pocket pets! The worst part is his fiancé doesn't really like him talking to girls so there's no way for me to get the information to her.. I posted this for 2 reasons, 1) to rant about poker pets! 2) to have everyone say a prayer for this little glider that his parents either research the correct info or find him a home that knows about gliders. I said I would adopt him but he said that if they dont keep him they are thinking about giving it back to the breeder :( prayers for this little suggie and any others in this same boat!#128153;#128155;#128156;#128154;
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 05 2013
07:08:43 PM
petluv15 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit petluv15's Photo Album petluv15's Journal 1500 Posts
See if you can get them to watch this video: Error, missing URL. Q
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 05 2013
07:16:29 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Yeah, good luck giving it back to the breeder. Once the bandits leave town the new owners are on their own.

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 05 2013
07:16:42 PM
julieee9473 Super Glider Visit julieee9473's Photo Album USA 323 Posts
.... That's infuriating. Why do people have to be so.... ignorant?! All he has to do is google "sugar glider care" and he will get a million results with the correct information! And why wouldn't he just let you adopt it? That doesn't make sense! Ughhhh.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 05 2013
07:27:31 PM
DoodlesMommy Glider Visit DoodlesMommy's Photo Album TX, USA 136 Posts
I guess because if he mentions letting me adopt him then she will know he talked to me or something? I don't know! I definitely have the room to adopt him and my boys would love a new friend!
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:27:25 PM
prslone75 Joey Visit prslone75's Photo Album prslone75's Journal 14 Posts
Pocket Pets are awesome!!!! Got all 3 of my babies there and I have no problems whatsoever. Yes there is a lot of misinformation out there, but I don't see it coming from them. I've followed all their advice and my babies are all healthy. I have a friend that thinks she knows everything about animals and refuses to listen to anything Pocket Pets says, and all of here gliders stay sick constantly. So what you will, but I will laways buy from Pocket Pets and no one else.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:38:35 PM
arcwind Glider Visit arcwind's Photo Album 136 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by prslone75

Pocket Pets are awesome!!!! Got all 3 of my babies there and I have no problems whatsoever. Yes there is a lot of misinformation out there, but I don't see it coming from them. I've followed all their advice and my babies are all healthy. I have a friend that thinks she knows everything about animals and refuses to listen to anything Pocket Pets says, and all of here gliders stay sick constantly. So what you will, but I will laways buy from Pocket Pets and no one else.

Ive never done this on this site before, but you Sir/Mam are what we in the conspiracy theory community call a Shill, you have 2 posts out of nowhere when your company that is paying you came up in a negative light and your trying to defend them...

SHILL ALERT!!! lol

Edit: This thread was Necro'd... Proof is in the pudding

Edited by - arcwind on Mar 19 2013 03:41:29 PM
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:39:32 PM
GliderLove94 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit GliderLove94's Photo Album GliderLove94's Journal 1153 Posts
quote:

The fact that you are new and ALL of your posts and journals are defending Pocket Pets, just indicates to probably everyone here... that you are more than likely with this company. You also mention that they have not been to a vet. Do you really think that is good? That's like saying you have never taken your child to a doctor and know they are healthy. What if that child or sugar glider has a hidden health disorder that you cannot see yourself? Do you have pictures of these sugar gliders? Do they have names?
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:46:48 PM
AubreyBarto Super Glider GliderMap Visit AubreyBarto's Photo Album AubreyBarto's Journal USA 351 Posts
quote:

You need to get off the forums. Pocket Pets is an unethical company I would only expect they send in a shrill. I hope that the admins on this site look into your account and kick you out. Other forums will be warmed also.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:49:16 PM
arcwind Glider Visit arcwind's Photo Album 136 Posts

Buh-Bye!
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:55:16 PM
jadesmith1979 Glider GliderMap Visit jadesmith1979's Photo Album jadesmith1979's Journal FL, USA 196 Posts
oh how i wish we had "I FREAKING LOVE THIS POST/REPLY" buttons here ( arcwind )
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
03:57:06 PM
For the record I do not work for pocket pets, I'm just a loyal customer of a company that has never been anything but good to me. My pets have never been to the vet because they have never been sick. I have no reason to take them and waste money for the vet to tell me what I already know. My babies are all named after apples, their favorite food to eat. Their names are Honeycrisp, Macintosh, and Jazz. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
04:12:44 PM
glid3rtr0n Joey Visit glid3rtr0n's Photo Album 11 Posts
You're only lucky that your animals from pocket pets are okay. They * sugar gliders over left and right.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
04:20:07 PM
GliderLove94 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit GliderLove94's Photo Album GliderLove94's Journal 1153 Posts
quote:

For the record I do not work for pocket pets, I'm just a loyal customer of a company that has never been anything but good to me. My pets have never been to the vet because they have never been sick. I have no reason to take them and waste money for the vet to tell me what I already know. My babies are all named after apples, their favorite food to eat. Their names are Honeycrisp, Macintosh, and Jazz. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Sugar gliders should at least have a yearly check up... It doesn't even cost that much to have a check up. Sugar gliders are good at hiding when they are ill.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
05:17:07 PM
AubreyBarto Super Glider GliderMap Visit AubreyBarto's Photo Album AubreyBarto's Journal USA 351 Posts
I agree. You don't know when I sugar glider is sick until it is severe.

So you feed your poor babies horrible diets with bread and pellets as staples, keep them in a cage that's way too small and throw them in the air to "teach" them how to glide?

Those all all PPP techniques.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
05:30:55 PM
Throw them in the air to teach them to fly? Wow, that the first I heard of that one. I don't know where you guys get your information, but no one from Pocket Pets ever told me anything so stupid. And bread? Where in my post did I say anything about bread? They eat nuts, fruits, and veges. I can't see where that's a bad diet no matter how you try to spin it. It sounds to me like most of you are just paranoid and take your pets to the vet for no reason and when they tell you something is wrong you jump in head first with a bunch of money to "heal" a baby that was probably never sick. Maybe it's the vet that's taking advantage of you. All I know is I have followed everything told to me by Pocket Pets, including ignoring all the misinformation on sites like these, and my babies are the most awesomely healthy pets ever. I do have friends on the other hand that refuse to believe anything that they say and their gliders are constantly sick. And I can't repeat this enough for the people on here who apparently can't read, I DO NOT WORK FOR POCKET PETS!!!!
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
05:41:06 PM
kelby Glider Visit kelby's Photo Album 105 Posts
a friendly reminder - don't feed the trolls ~

Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
05:41:27 PM
Sugar gliders are sap suckers.. There are many members on here who used to feed pellets, but now don't. One of my sugar gliders was fed pellets in her previous home... She was very brittle and had EXTREMELY low calcium and protein. How did I fix this? A vet and a better diet. You cannot find pellets in the wild... They are too hard for them to digest, therefore they spit out boomerang shapes that they cannot digest.

Here are the bad affects of pellets; http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29199&whichpage=1
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
06:06:06 PM
Just posted some pics of my babies.
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
06:56:21 PM
rabid-redsquirrel Joey USA 11 Posts
ok I got my two babies from pocket pets (abbie and ecko) I emailed the company and went so far as to go to the mall office where I found them to get the phone number for pocket pets needed advice on bonding NO HELP AT ALL was finally emailed back, they didn't care I was having trouble
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
07:15:58 PM
asmerella Super Glider GliderMap Visit asmerella's Photo Album 300 Posts
Some people don't ever listen...like the one person on here that keeps getting banned from other sites but still is looking for gliders and still feeding a bad diet...this person may or may not work for pp but if not she will be the only person on here who has had a great experience with them...I'm happy her gliders are ok...but also I agree with everyone else on here that vetting ur babies is important....proper diet is important...and above all an open attitude not a know it all attitude from people who may or may not have much experience with gliders is important...I try to listen to everything the people on here say because they can give u reasons for why they think what they do about diet and vets and pocket pets...
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
07:46:43 PM
Well, let's just keep in mind that we are not a Pocket Pets hate group, we are here to help others with their sugar gliders. If this user ever needs help with their sugar gliders, we are here if they want to listen. A lot of us do not agree with a lot of what Pockets Pets says (especially heat rocks, pellets, and the small cages).
Heated Debates
Mar 19 2013
09:08:32 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts

I got this in my email in box and thought I'd share...it won't let me copy and paste it.hopefully the screen/camera shot will...

hopefully...prslone75 you can read this months "Newsletter/*site banned*" from Pocket pets..."the importance of getting an annual wellness exam"...maybe you missed this email from them...Also you must be aware of the "ASGV" organization of veteranarians that work(preach horrible advice/videos...where the bread comment was referenced from)for them too?
Why would vets sign up with that organization if they would never see a glider patient until it was sick or dying...there's no money in that for them then is there?

And however if your babies are living in a 2'x 2'x 2' cage and eating pellets and nuts...they will not be "healthy" for long!
I'm sorry...I had to go there...probably feeding Trolls.

Edited by - Minnesota Zoo on Mar 19 2013 09:17:39 PM
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
07:08:27 AM
Michelle629 Joey Visit Michelle629's Photo Album 49 Posts
All that I have to say is that I did buy Boo Boo from Pocket Pets. The only good thing I can say is that I feel good about myself as I rescued her from a terrible little life. I was sold a very tiny cage which I was told was perfect size for her and a firemd if i chose, based on much work with vets and sugar glider experts. Her cage was tiny tiny!! She is now in the Brisbane and happy as a clam!! I was told to feed her pellets and an apple slice along with a quarter slice of bread every third night. After lots of reading and lots of questions she is eating the BML Diet. Mind you the first moning after feeding her this I received my "Newltetter" wherein in stated that there are plenty of people who are going to tell me the pellet diet is no good, but they are wrong and if I were to change her diet she will have diarrhea and could die. Boy was I in a panic. That was the last newsletter I read!!! Thanks to some very amazing people here, I believe we are on a good ride to a very long and healthy life!!!

Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
07:59:31 AM
I'm trying really hard not to judge all of you the way you are judging me. All I can say is my babies are happy and healthy. I've followed the Pockets Pets advice for nearly 2 years and I see no reason to change now. I really think you all are making it out to be harder than it really is. Maybe you just like adversity, or maybe I handle it better. You're doing what works for you, and I'm doing what works for me. The difference is you can't accept that my way is working, and you have nothing but hate for a company that has served me well.
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
08:20:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GliderLove94

Well, let's just keep in mind that we are not a Pocket Pets hate group, we are here to help others with their sugar gliders. If this user ever needs help with their sugar gliders, we are here if they want to listen. A lot of us do not agree with a lot of what Pockets Pets says (especially heat rocks, pellets, and the small cages).

I agree. I think we should just drop this subject and move on. We have expressed our concerns and opinions for animals coming from Perfect Pocket Pets. Our goal is to make sure ALL gliders are happy and healthy no matter where they are from. As long as people are educated about correct lifestyles for their pets and themselves then we should be happy. As long as there are no shrills on the forum that could give out incorrect information then we should be open. And I will follow my own advice.

pslone- Just remember the feeling people have about Perfect Pocket Pets on these forums and act accordingly when you make posts.

Edited by - AubreyBarto on Mar 20 2013 08:28:26 AM
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
09:07:29 AM
Sorry if I seem like I'm being pushy. I like the company because they have been good to me. The same way you obviously like where you get your gliders. I've never had a reason to doubt them. I'll try to keep everyone's interest in mind when I post, but I don't think it's fair to have to sensor myself, when all I see on here in a misrepresentation of a company that I like. I've been called a Shill. Honestly, I had not ever heard that term until yesterday when I joined this site. I don't work for them, and the only contact I've had with them is when I bought my pets, and when I have questions. When I do have questions, their answers are spot on. They've never steered me wrong. I hope that the hate can be dialed down a bit. I love my pets, and take very good care of them. If you believe nothing about me, believe that.
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
09:44:57 AM
quote:

Sorry if I seem like I'm being pushy. I like the company because they have been good to me. The same way you obviously like where you get your gliders. I've never had a reason to doubt them. I'll try to keep everyone's interest in mind when I post, but I don't think it's fair to have to sensor myself, when all I see on here in a misrepresentation of a company that I like. I've been called a Shill. Honestly, I had not ever heard that term until yesterday when I joined this site. I don't work for them, and the only contact I've had with them is when I bought my pets, and when I have questions. When I do have questions, their answers are spot on. They've never steered me wrong. I hope that the hate can be dialed down a bit. I love my pets, and take very good care of them. If you believe nothing about me, believe that.

prslone75,

If you are in fact a real user, then by all means welcome to the forums. Glad you found us. We are not comfortable with the fact that Pocket Pets travels to random malls to distribute sugar gliders, often to uneducated new owners. A lot of the time these babies end up on Craigslist because people find out that they are too difficult for them to care for.

Our natural response to someone who has first posts either advertising or endorsing a company, is that they are not a real user.

The reason we do no suggest pellets; http://www.sugarglider.com/gliderpedia/index.asp?Pellets

Heat rocks are potentially dangerous. Sugar gliders can get electrocuted by them or even burnt. http://www.sugarglider.com/gliderpedia/index.asp?HeatRock
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
10:07:02 AM
I assure you I am a real user. I have no affiliation with Pocket Pets whatsoever. I'm just a satisfied customer. I understand that making pellet food the primary diet can be dangerous. I use it as a supplement. It's there in the bowl in case they get hungry when I'm not around, or in bed since they're up all night. I would never feed them just pellets and I have no idea where the notion of bread came from. I've never given them bread and I've never been told to by anyone. As far as the heat rock goes, I would tend to agree that a bare heat rock could easily burn them, so if one is being used I'd say it should be covered. I've notice with my gliders that they prefer to just get in their pouch and cuddle each other for warmth. They rarely even used the rock, so I unplugged it. It's still there as something for them to sit on, but they don't use or need it for heat. I know I don't have the same views as most others on here, but my babies are healthy and happy, and my family gives them all the love and attention they need. Hopefully everyone else can just repect that.
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
10:13:55 AM
Tigerlily88 Face Hugger Visit Tigerlily88's Photo Album KY, USA 842 Posts
From the diet you described, your pellets are the sole source of protein for your gliders. This is not "using it as a supplement." The diet you are feeding is in no way adequate and will be very detrimental to your animals overtime, and what's worse is that you will never know it until it is too late since you refuse to take your animals to a vet. If you are in fact a genuine glider parent, please take some interest in what is actually healthy for your pets and learn from the resources available to you. Ask yourself what is more trustworthy advice: The research and experiences presented by actual owners who are simply interested in the health and well being of their animals, or the mantras of a company whose sole objective is profit?
Heated Debates
Mar 20 2013
10:41:24 AM
I guess you missed the part where I said I feed them nuts, which are an excellent source of protein, and also a part of their diet in the wild. Everyone wants to point out that you can't get pellets in the wild so why feed them to them in captivity. Those same people want to say in I'm not taking them to the vet then I'm not taking proper care of them. You know what else isn't in the wild? A vet!!! You take sick animals to the vet, not healthy ones. If you're taking care of them properly, which I am, they won't get sick. Mine have never shown the slightest indication that they may be something wrong. It seems to me the only ones I've ever seen sickly are the ones the follow that BML diet. I had a friend that fed hers that diet and the poor things fur fell out and he developed sores on his head. She started feeding him fruits and nuts, and now he's perfectly healthy. Everyone wants to point to the diet they eat in the wild. Fruits, veges, nuts, these things are avilable for them in the wild, and they thrive on them in captivity. I think I saw someone on here feeding her glider chicken. Are you serious?? These animals do not even have the proper teeth to eat meat. And that stench that I see some people complaining about is probably from feeding them meat that they should never be eating. My glider have almost no smell at all. Why don't we all just agree to disagree?
Pocket Pets!
Next |
Page: of 3

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pocket Pets!