Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Swollen stomach. Please help!
Health related
Mar 29 2013
04:14:50 PM
My three month old baby girl glider seems to have swelled up overnight. Mainly in her abdominal area. She seems healthy otherwise but she looks physically larger and swollen like. She is pooping and eating and doesn't seem sick. What could this be? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Health related
Mar 29 2013
04:56:18 PM
Ko Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Ko's Photo Album Australia 1168 Posts
Get her to a vet as soon as possible for a check up. This could potentially be very serious indeed.
Health related
Mar 29 2013
07:51:45 PM
Avbjessup Face Hugger Visit Avbjessup's Photo Album USA 768 Posts
Is there any possibility that she suffered any sort of trauma? Can you post pics. Sounds like a vet visit is in order!
Health related
Mar 29 2013
08:01:25 PM
sleighr Face Hugger Visit sleighr's Photo Album AZ, USA 648 Posts
I have never had this problem. I have read several posts about how such things can happen. None of those conditions were user servicable. I hate to just rubber stamp but yeah, Vet city ASAP.
Health related
Mar 29 2013
08:04:25 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
this is one of those emergency vet visits, there could be a number of things that are causing this one of which could be intestinal blockage...you really gotta go, I wish you luck.
Health related
Mar 30 2013
11:03:25 AM
LuckyGlider Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit LuckyGlider's Photo Album LuckyGlider's Journal TX, USA 5266 Posts
There are so many things this could be. For example, it could be a blockage. It could also be a heart problem - like a faulty valve that causes low blood pressure and then blood serum can leak into the abdominal cavity and swell. It could also be a liver problem which ca also cause swelling. It could be an abscess. No matter what though you need to get to a vet. Doing nothing and hoping it will go away is dangerous.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders