Food, Diet
Apr 07 2014
03:02:05 PM
yr old glider. Need info on all safe food Plz and Ty
Food, Diet
Apr 07 2014
03:45:24 PM
Helen88uk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Helen88uk's Photo Album United Kingdom 1774 Posts
Safe food or safe nuts? What are you feeding her at the moment?
Food, Diet
Apr 07 2014
09:47:03 PM
SarahBerg Starting Member 8 Posts
I just got her and was told she liked peanut
Food, Diet
Apr 07 2014
10:10:17 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Peanuts are very high in fat and nuts are not easily digested for them.

Gliders can have pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds and pine nuts and peanuts too.

But...No salt, no shells(natural),and very sparingly.

My gliders love nuts but I only give them a "Nut du jour" once a week.

I order their nuts and vanilla yogurt drops from http://www.nuts.com/
Food, Diet
Apr 07 2014
10:20:39 PM
TY I just want to do everything right
Food, Diet
Apr 07 2014
10:32:59 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Do you have a diet picked out for her?

Or what was she being fed before you got her?
Food, Diet
Apr 10 2014
09:40:30 AM
The list I received was strawberries grapes melon turkey ham chicken steak pasta yogurt as a treat apples snap peas peas bananas as a treat plums
Food, Diet
Apr 10 2014
10:17:27 AM
I do have vita glider for her. I just want to know everything that she can eat. I got her with a small cage water bottle heat rock and wheel and pouch first thing I did was clean everything in the cage it took me 45 min. to clean the rock so know with all clean cage I made Bella a new clean pouch from a pair of my fleece pjs that were mine. The first two nights she ate but not much last night she ate almost all that i gave her and as she was not bonded i have been going slow to not scare her she came up to my hand and stuck her nose on my finger i am letting go at her own pace
Food, Diet
Apr 10 2014
10:37:48 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The heat rock is dangerous and should be removed from the cage. They can cause burns. They also may cause a glider to quickly dehydrate.

Gliders are warm blooded animals and are able to regulate their body temperature unless they are extremely young and taken from their parents too early.

Vita glider pellets will not provide the nutrients your glider requires to remain healthy long term.

Gliders do best with a nectar like staple that provides the PROTEIN, CALCIUM AND VITAMINS THEY NEED when fed with a variety of fruits and vegetables. I have information on my own GliderKids Feeding plan on my web page and also links to a number of other widely used glider feeding plans to help you locate the information to choose one that you would like to use for your gliders.

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com/Staple-Recipes.html

Food, Diet
Apr 10 2014
11:04:28 AM
Thank you
Food, Diet
Apr 13 2014
09:17:24 PM
indiccarose Glider Visit indiccarose's Photo Album 114 Posts
I agree with Candy about the heat rocks being dangerous. I adopted my colony of 4 from a rescue, did my research,and heard all the warnings and horror stories about heat rocks. The first time I ever saw one, was when I first visited my foster gliders at their house. The heat rock was malfunctioning and any bare metal on the cage had an electric current running through it.

What kind of nuts are safe for Bella

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What kind of nuts are safe for Bella