Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sleep schedule
Sleep schedule
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2014
08:30:30 AM
Is the possible to change a gliders sleep cycle? How do you do it? My glider is getting up at the earliest 1am. I think it's because I work midnights and he is used to playing when I get home from work until 9am. That will be changing soon bc I am moving to days. He also is getting a glider friend on Thursday (so excited!!)I just want him to start getting up 9 or 10 at night.

Is this possible?

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2014
10:05:09 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
start taking glider out on your days off in the bonding pouch early around the time that you want for a few hours then wake them up offically ... keep it up! if you change it will not work...
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2014
11:56:24 AM
anEgyptian Joey 33 Posts
my glider comes out when he knows i open the cage to put in his food. usually an hour later or so because he can't eat till it thaws a little lol. they are like men, best way to their hearts is through their stomach! lol
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2014
12:14:07 PM
Helen88uk Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Helen88uk's Photo Album United Kingdom 1774 Posts
Do they have natural light in the room? Mine wake up at around 7pm every evening. They are in a spare bedroom and he curtains are always open.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2014
02:25:32 AM
chips2013 Glider Visit chips2013's Photo Album NJ, USA 127 Posts
Thanks everyone!

There is natural light (cage is in the living room). I think he is so used to me getting home around 8am and saying hello that he just waits for me to get home bc he knows it's playtime. He usually is anxiously awaiting my arrival home from work (I am a human toy for him with all my badges and stethoscopes and pockets on my uniform shirts and pants), so he loves playtime after work lol.

And when I put food in the cage (usually around 7pm) he will come out, eat a bit, and go right back to his pouch. Sometimes he will want to come out but it's just to snuggle, not to play.

But I'll be off midnights soon and be able to get him and our new baby girl (WHO WE PICK UP TOMORROW!!!) on a good schedule.

Thanks again everyone :)
Sleep schedule

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sleep schedule