Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Taking the plunge!
Taking the plunge!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2014
01:22:37 PM
So, my back absolutely can't take hanging out in the tent any more.

I'm going to go glider proof my room with a fine toothed comb this afternoon. Husband is out of town for the week so I have plenty of time to hang with them and not have 'someone' getting jealous over my quality time.

I know they've been aching to get out lately. My Lisle begs me every evening and morning. She's turned into my love bug. Maeve doesn't hate me...she just isn't crazy about being touched much once she is fully awake. She's all business in that wheel. Places to go!

They are into a routine of waking at 5 when I come home from work and climbing into my shirt. They snooze and if I'm cooking I'll give them a little pinch of cheese or veg, what have you.

Since they'll have free range I should be able to get some good pics. Can't wait for the buggers to wake up!

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2014
01:42:01 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
Free range also means harder to take pics! Lol Im glad your little ones are getting to be big ol babies :P

Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2014
08:57:22 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Ya...I took NO pics. I didn't even try, we were having too much fun.

True to form, Maeve was the first to explore everything from top to bottom. Lisle sat on my shoulder and watched her sister for a good 5 minutes before she got going. No true gliding but some great jumps from the bed. Maeve made herself some sheet tunnels. Lisle was most interested in my classic movie collection.

The best part was that they would both keep coming to check on mommy every couple minutes. No matter where they were they would run back to me and sit on my shoulder or chest to 'check in'. And at one point I was just a big jungle gym for them to chase each other on. I'd say that's a great sign on the extent of our bonding.

~Glider love~
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2014
12:16:40 PM
shannonlcorum Face Hugger Visit shannonlcorum's Photo Album 538 Posts
Thats how it is in the mornings with Liam and Willow. They've always had a bedroom to play in while I sit and watch tv or work on my ipad. They check in with me a lot too. If I stand up or take a step toward the door, they come running and jump on me. I usually end up carting them with me down to wake up my son because as soon as they see me head for the door, they're coming too.

If they're playing and I don't see them for a few minutes or want to know where they all, I call them and they come to me. My Willow likes to hide in the coat sleeves hanging on the door when she gets sleepy. When I call for her, I see the sleeve shake as she makes her way down to the opening, then she peeks her head out to look at me like, "What?"
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2014
03:22:50 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
So much fun. I thought I would need the pouch to walk back to their cage but they said, "Na, Ma...we're good here on your shirt."
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2014
05:59:51 PM
chips2013 Glider Visit chips2013's Photo Album NJ, USA 127 Posts
SOO jealous of people who can glider proof a room! My house is too open and we have baseboard heating so I feel like there are just way too many places to hide and it's scares the living daylights out of me!! lol so we have a rather large pop up tent that we play in instead.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2014
08:15:58 PM
mingsmom Face Hugger Visit mingsmom's Photo Album USA 511 Posts
Sounds just like Buzz and Pearl. They were always really good in my bedroom! They made some amazing glides from the curtain rod to my bed! They too weren't having any part of my leaving the room without them. They came to their names also. Ming and Maxine on the other hand, would play a bit then find a hideyhole-usually in my pillowcase-lol. It was usually tent or bathroom time with them, as they could get quite nippy being made to come out of their snuggle spot!
Taking the plunge!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Taking the plunge!