Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Strawberries
Strawberries
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
08:19:15 PM
I know I have seen this question before buy I can't remember what was said...
Are strawberries safe for Sugar Gliders?
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
08:22:10 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Yes, they are safe. Although only some of my gliders like them and some do not.

Edited by - Minnesota Zoo on Apr 12 2014 08:22:50 PM
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
08:30:00 PM
Glider Mom Joey 11 Posts
Thanks, mine girls where a little picky at first but have really branched out and are enjoying new things now.
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
08:40:10 PM
hypnotist321 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit hypnotist321's Photo Album hypnotist321's Journal 1742 Posts
Mine love them if they are hanging in the corner of the cage like on a kabob, but won't do anything but throw them off their plate if they are on the floor of the cage.
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
09:14:31 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by hypnotist321

Mine love them if they are hanging in the corner of the cage like on a kabob, but won't do anything but throw them off their plate if they are on the floor of the cage.

That is really interesting...I have not tried the kabob approach. I will definitely try that.

I did try defrosting frozen ones and I accidentally "cooked" them a bit...they did like them better but it's still not one of their favs.

They didn't like raspberries either...but Black berries and Blue berries they Love.
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
11:22:46 PM
TigerLilly5555 Super Glider Visit TigerLilly5555's Photo Album KS, USA 299 Posts
Lol ... My gang like strawberries but hate blueberries :)
Food, Diet
Apr 12 2014
11:28:58 PM
hypnotist321 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit hypnotist321's Photo Album hypnotist321's Journal 1742 Posts
Mine are funny that way. There are a lot of things they only like hanging, or raw. One likes carrots cut round, the other only eats them if they are cut in long spikes. (no clue)

And they only eat spinach if I make a burrito out of it (roll it up length wise and glue it together with honey).

Sweet potatoes they like whole, with a little piece cut off the end or out of a baby food jar.

Green beans, they will eat them IF I pick them out of their mix and put them by themselves. But if they are with the other veggies, they won't eat them.

And if I don't give them a different plate/dishes/kitchette every night, within a few days they eat very little

They will only eat fresh salads with white cheese sprinkled on top (or meal worms).

Silly little guys, I think they just do this to test my memory.

Strawberries

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Strawberries