Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What color type is my new little man?
Question
Jul 09 2014
01:12:10 AM
I recently got a new little glider off a breeder. He's around 8 months and a bit apprehensive but starting to warm up. I was wondering what color variation he is. She told me he's just a white tip because of the small patch of white on his tail. But, on further inspection I think he might be a mosaic, though I'm not sure. Thoughts? Also any bonding tips for more shy gliders would be helpful as well! Thanks!
Question
Jul 09 2014
01:19:35 AM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
it looks like he has a white spot on his neck.

This quote is from the gliderpedia on breeding colors

"Patterns:
White Face - A glider that lacks the dark ear bars.

Mosaic - A sugar glider with various white patches & markings. There are several mosaic variations: White Mosaic, Ringtail Mosaic, Piebald Mosaic, etc. "

I would say a "white tipped mosaic"

Congrats, He is beautiful!

Question
Jul 09 2014
06:13:41 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Minnesota Zoo

it looks like he has a white spot on his neck.

This quote is from the gliderpedia on breeding colors

"Patterns:
White Face - A glider that lacks the dark ear bars.

Mosaic - A sugar glider with various white patches & markings. There are several mosaic variations: White Mosaic, Ringtail Mosaic, Piebald Mosaic, etc. "

I would say a "white tipped mosaic"

Congrats, He is beautiful!

Agree!!!!
Question
Jul 09 2014
07:13:36 AM
pandaparty Joey Visit pandaparty's Photo Album 13 Posts
Thanks guys! I wasn't completely sure because I hadn't seen many with the same coloration. Thanks for the confirmation! :)
Question
Jul 09 2014
08:18:41 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
What a handsome guy! His darker markings are gorgeous as well, not standard grey. Look how chill he is in his pouch with his treat!
Question
Jul 09 2014
08:56:30 AM
When he gets his apple pieces he is in total heaven! But thank you! I love the little guy! :)
Question
Jul 09 2014
03:52:22 PM
vsJewel Glider Visit vsJewel's Photo Album USA 70 Posts
I've been wanting to ask about mine should I start a new topic or post pics here?
Question
Jul 09 2014
04:55:23 PM
I don't mind if you post here! I'll try to help if I can. :)
Question
Jul 09 2014
09:46:12 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
I'll help too :)
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:30:49 AM
Great! let me just figure out how to post pictures
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:45:50 AM
when you hit reply button, there is a link with the "Mona Lisa" pic with an "Up arrow"...if you click on that it will send you to browse your photos.

Select your photo and click on up load...then go to the brown book...and select it from there and it will put it in as a file path and when you post it it will show your picture/pictures you have selected.

Edited by - Minnesota Zoo on Jul 11 2014 01:48:37 AM
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:48:39 AM

Question
Jul 11 2014
01:50:39 AM
Awww...beautiful! The one is a Mosaic and the other a white tip mosaic(I think).
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:51:55 AM
Okay the lighter colored one is Teddybear, and the other is Diva. They are half sisters. I figured they are mosaics, but I also heard that white tipped are not mosaics? I also considered maybe Teddybear is a ring tail? So I'm confused between all the different kinds.

Edited by - vsJewel on Jul 11 2014 01:53:10 AM
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:51:59 AM
The first little one looks like just a white tip to me. The second has a lightly ringed tail and quite a bit of white on the feet soo... ring tailed mosaic? That's my guess! lol Very cute though!
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:54:56 AM
Teddybears face is kinda funny because it's not the same on both sides.
From the right view it kinda looks like a dark thunderbolt.

Edited by - vsJewel on Jul 11 2014 01:56:31 AM
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:55:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by vsJewel

Okay the lighter colored one is Teddybear, and the other is Diva. They are half sisters. I figured they are mosaics, but I also heard that white tipped are not mosaics? I also considered maybe Teddybear is a ring tail? So I'm confused between all the different kinds.

White tip is very random, can't be bred for currently, so it's considered a different type. Most white tips are colored like the classics but have a varying amount of white hair on the very tip of their tails.

Ringtails have, as their name suggests, rings around their tails. They are a specific subtype of mosaic.
Question
Jul 11 2014
01:59:42 AM
Ohh I see now why they are not considered mosaics then. Thanks everyone so much!
Question
Jul 11 2014
02:01:39 AM
No problem! And she might be a mosaic, I just didn't notice any other white spots on her besides the tail tip! But they look beautiful and happy! Goodluck :)
Question
Jul 11 2014
02:12:32 AM
They are quite happy, I think. As of yet I cannot talk to animals...I'll keep waiting for that superpower to manifest, so I can ask to make sure.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders