Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Should I try introductions again?
Behavior
Jul 09 2014
09:36:38 AM
I've posted here several times about my new female and old male. I got a new female to replace his deceased sister and he has simply not taken to her. It has been 7 months. I've done all the things (swapped pouches, switched cages, cages right next to each other, introduced in tub, introduced in tent, introduced on table, with food, without food, scent masked with vanilla, scent masked with mouthwash, introduction on me while holding them, introduction with each in their own bonding pouch on my chest), nothing has worked. Every time he lunges direct at her face and they start fighting. She is larger than him but very sweet and he is so aggressive (he was never aggressive before I brought her in, he was my sweet little boy). He is neutered, but aggressively humps at her pouch (or my shirt) if she has recently been in it. I stopped trying to introduce them back in January. Now, when out and about he jumps on her cage and she jumps on his cage and they squabble a little through the bars, but she can always get away. She seems very interested in him and not at all intimidated. Should I just try again and let them squabble? I get so nervous because he always goes right for her face, but she seems to think the fighting is playing when it happens through the cage (he makes crabbing sounds though, she never does). I'm not sure if I'm being over protective or not. Thoughts?
Behavior
Jul 10 2014
09:17:31 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
I think I would try to contact Ed of Lucky glider rescue and sanctuary.

He can tell you if to try again or what else to try.

Good luck with your gliders, I hope they can be put together and it all works out.

Let us know what happens and what you figure out.

I'm sorry I don't have any good answers for you on this.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders