Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Where is the best place to get mini yogurt bites?
Question
Jul 09 2014
10:45:15 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question. Our new glider, Roxy, came with mini yogurt bites. She absolutely loves them as treats and our other gliders love them also. However, we are running low and need to get more. I've been looking everywhere for them, but it seems like they are very expensive due to the shipping costs. I've found the big yogurt bites, but we are looking for the mini ones. Anyone know a site that sells them? Thanks.
Question
Jul 09 2014
11:47:54 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Suncoast has them for $6.84 for 8 oz. plus S&H

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/index.php?id_product=53&controller=product
Information
Jul 10 2014
10:13:36 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Be careful ordering yogie treats this time of year.

They do melt during shipping during hot weather.

You can also get yogies at most pet stores in the small pet section.

I have also gotten yogurt covered papaya bits that my gliders love in the BIRD section of my local pet stores.

Another option are the mini white baking chips sold at grocery stores. They have often have the same ingredients as the yogies. Just read the label to make sure they do not contain any cocoa products.

Edited by - Candy on Jul 10 2014 10:13:52 AM
Question
Jul 10 2014
10:21:46 AM
chips2013 Glider Visit chips2013's Photo Album NJ, USA 127 Posts
I get the regular sized yogi drops in the small pet section at PetSmart or Petco and just break them in half.

Or if the babies are in a sharing mood, just one and they sit and both hold it eating it together!

I would love mini ones, but would rather not pay shipping, so I just use those.
Question
Jul 10 2014
09:02:01 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Yoggies are very hit and miss around here.

They like the Vanilla Yogurt chips(that have yogurt powder in them),I order them from Nuts.com when I order pine nuts and pumpkins seeds for them.

They are not the same as the white baking chips. None of mine like those at all.

The Yoggies brand treats in the small pet section also are not liked here except for the "Cheese' flavored ones...all 7 love those(they are cheaper at walmart($2.24 a bag compared to $4.49 at Petsmart and Petco). There are some mixed berry flavored and cherry vanilla flavored ones...none like them at all.

I have the mini vanilla yoggie chips from suncoast that they all like, the mini cherry flavored and peanut butter flavored chips from Newby's Glider Nook...only one cage of gliders like those...the others won't touch them.

You can ask if they ship on ice packs(some vendors do),if you want to ensure they won't melt into a big glob when they ship to you. Some vendors won't ship them at all in the summer months.
Question
Jul 11 2014
11:49:15 AM
kimmie99 Joey 10 Posts
nuts.com has them and relatively cheap!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders