Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question About Color
Question About Color
Food, Diet
Jul 23 2014
07:51:54 PM
So as some of you know the pair, I have to the pair i got due to some unfortunate circumstances. But i have a question about their coats and coloring. Ive had them about 2 weeks. Theyve been fed hpw original since i got them along with their fruits and veggies. They clean their bowls practically every night. The boy is quite a bit chubbier than the girl so i have no doubt he eats fine but my question is when should i notice a difference in their coats? They both had kind of a light brownish cinnamon color when i first got them. The girl already seems to be getting back some of her standard gray coloring but the boy is still having the cinnamon look. Maybe it's too early or something i dont know but i just thought i would ask.
Food, Diet
Jul 23 2014
08:16:57 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
It could take a couple months for them to completely regain the grey coloration as new fur grows in and they very gradually shed the brownish discolored fur.
Food, Diet
Jul 24 2014
02:24:07 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
I can personally say!! Give it 3 months. I got my suggie in April, he was a dark cinnamon brown. I IMMEDIATELY put him on LGRS suggie soup with 1 tbsp each of protein (boiled chicken, boiled egg, or mealies) and fruits and veggies. I just noticed last week he is half gray now and losing that dark brown stain! I'll give mine another month before he is COMPLETELY gray. So give it 3 months before physically seeing change Also, stay away from pellets. They are not all that great for suggie's health and they are the cause of that brown color. Feed them as much fresh food as possible.
Food, Diet
Jul 24 2014
08:47:17 PM
suggiemom02 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggiemom02's Photo Album suggiemom02's Journal KY, USA 906 Posts
I dont feed pellets. I feed HPW Original.
Food, Diet
Jul 25 2014
12:43:41 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
I was just throwing that in there because that was the reason for MY sugar glider's brown color because his previous owner was oblivious to "no pellet" diets.
Food, Diet
Jul 25 2014
01:17:08 PM
suggiemom02 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggiemom02's Photo Album suggiemom02's Journal KY, USA 906 Posts
Oh okay! Yeah the previous owners fed pellets with the occasional fruit or veggie but not much else. It makes me so happy to see pretty much empty bowls every morning.
Food, Diet
Jul 25 2014
03:06:55 PM
Yes!! It's so satisfying to know you're giving them the nutrients they need Best of luck! I hope you see a difference Post before and after pics if you do!
Food, Diet
Jul 25 2014
08:56:27 PM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
Good for you for putting them on a good diet. I am very glad that right from the beginning of having my gliders I did my research and I really can tell that it has paid off. Their fur looks great and they just seem to be happy and healthy
Question About Color

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question About Color