Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Going on vacation without gliders, what should i do?
Question
Jul 24 2014
03:41:07 PM
So I'm leaving to go on vacation in 8 days and I can't bring my gliders, I already have a babysitter and she has came over to meet them as play with them a couple of times and ive preped her on all she needs to do for them, but my major consern is that they wont remember me, I'll be gone for 12 days and I don't want them to forget me, I'm sleeping with a piece of fleece that I'll leave behind with them so they can keep my scent, but I'm afraide that when I get back I'll have to completely start over with the bonding process, any suggestions on what else I should do?
Question
Jul 24 2014
06:40:10 PM
Cora1 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Cora1's Photo Album TX, USA 935 Posts
They will remember you. My number is 903 808 1142 in case she runs into trouble.
Question
Jul 25 2014
11:30:33 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Oh, you'll be fine. Leaving your scent is a good idea but they don't forget that easily!
Question
Jul 26 2014
09:05:18 AM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
Stop worrying it sounds like your handling everything well. Also tell your glider babysitter to make sure she fully locks the cage after getting gliders out or feeding them. Just a tip

Relax and enjoy your vacation, they will be fine.
Question
Jul 26 2014
12:35:45 PM
ang211 Super Glider Visit ang211's Photo Album 317 Posts
I am having the same issues :( I am leaving for 2 weeks. I am so worried they will forgot me
Question
Jul 26 2014
01:31:47 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The will not forget you. I travel several times a year to play with the grand kids and my gliders are always happy to see me when I get home. My son feeds them but they do not get out of the cage time when I am away. (I prepare all their dinner plates and put them in the freezer so he just has to feed them each evening and take the plates out the next day.
Question
Jul 27 2014
06:19:52 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
I've had to travel for up to two weeks at a time somewhat frequently since I got my gliders. They never forgot me! I did receive a few extra nibbles when I returned, though. ;-)
Question
Jul 29 2014
04:08:27 PM
Brynn_Schubert Starting Member 8 Posts
Thank you all so much, you made me relax, but we looked up all this information and all the states we are going through are legal for sugar gliders so we decided to take them with us, we got their second cage that we keep in our camper (they love comming camping with us) and we're taki g all their food and toys. We have a vacation home down in Virginia and I think they'll love it, we have a sun room that we're going to keep them in so they should be pretty comfortable

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders