Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New Glider in the Fam!
New Glider in the Fam!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 25 2014
09:41:11 PM
(first off I hope I am putting this in the right spot!)

Today I went 2 hrs away to rescue a little male glider. (my first male. I already have a female) And he is adorable! I am so deeply in love with him!! I am his third (and final) home.

He is not neutered (yet. august 1st or so he will be going in to get that done. I do not want little joeys. especially since there is no lineage on either of my babies)

here is the little man (please let me know if the link doesn't work) I am about 80% sure he is a Black Beauty. He has a lot darker markings than Totes does. And she is a Classic Grey.

I do need help choosing between two new names for him. His name was Rocky but we already have a snake named Rocky and he has been around for 5 years. A lot longer than this little man!

So I am stuck between Winston. Or Chester. (I am leaning a little more towards Winston but I want other opinions)

Ahhh I am so sorry for rambling but I am so so happy to have a second glider now!! And I am helping this little boy get healthier and happier.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 26 2014
02:49:22 AM
squirt1226 Glider Visit squirt1226's Photo Album 90 Posts
Hi congradulations on your new boy. I have always like the name Oliver. It means affectionate. Besides "Oliver Twist" was an orphan. Seeing how your new boys a rescue it might be a good fit. Good luck with your new boy! :)
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 26 2014
07:16:11 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
His color is likely to loose the "dirty" look and turn to a lighter grey after he has been on a good diet for a few months.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 26 2014
07:55:58 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Awww, he is adorable! Congrats on your new baby!

I like the name Chester, My good friend had an awesome dog named Chester!

I think Candy is right and your little guys color will change over in a few months once you get him on a good diet. Then you will see his true coloring.

For Black beauty traits/markings, they will have darker overall fur coat, darker patagium, black knuckles, dark facial markings(chin straps and muzzle) and a grey tummy(underside)instead of creamy white.

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 27 2014
12:34:31 PM
TotesMaGoats Glider Visit TotesMaGoats's Photo Album TotesMaGoats's Journal VA, USA 84 Posts
Ah I see. Well so far diet wise the little man has really taken to the BML. He is completely off pellets and can't wait to see his appearance improve over the next couple of weeks! An yeah his tummy is very white. Totes' tummy is more grey. He has a brighter white in his face and tummy and his markings are a lot darker than Totes. But either way I don't really care is he is a Black Beauty or not. I am so in love with the little bum (and he has a tail. Totes does not have a tail. So it's really cool having a glider with a tail and him wearing it as a scarf and such)

And I really love the name Chester as well but between Chester and Winston everyone has agreed on Winston. And I think personality wise he is turning out to be a Winston? So he is Winston
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 27 2014
06:41:11 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
From just this one picture it does look like it won't take much time to get him good and healthy. Eyes bright, nice bushy tail.

I think I'm partial to Winston. I like both...but, Winston seemed rather distinguished.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 28 2014
03:07:04 PM
TotesMaGoats Glider Visit TotesMaGoats's Photo Album TotesMaGoats's Journal VA, USA 84 Posts
That's exactly what I thought with the name Winston. It's very high class English man like. But it seems to fit him! He is so polite and friendly. He just needs a little top hat and came and he would be ready to go for a little stroll lol
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 28 2014
08:52:40 PM
vsJewel Glider Visit vsJewel's Photo Album USA 70 Posts
oh you could put a top hat on him using photo shop. Bet that would be cute. congratulations!!!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 28 2014
09:14:32 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
He is soooooo adorable!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 28 2014
09:17:49 PM
lfr899 Glider Visit lfr899's Photo Album USA 58 Posts
He's beautiful ! Makes me want to get another! Winston is a great name.
New Glider in the Fam!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New Glider in the Fam!