Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is there a complete list of vitamins and minerals gliders need?
Food, Diet
Jul 26 2014
01:27:51 AM
I love my babies and want them to live healthy long lives.

I do feel them a modified version of BML the only difference between my version and the original is I used human-grade vitamins.
I use calcium carbonate powder in equal parts to the rep-cal calcium.
And I pop open a multivitamin capsule without some of the dangerous vitamins and levels if iron found in the rep-cal herptivite, most of the vitamins are less than or equal to the units in the herptivite.

I feel more comfortable supplementing them with human-grade vitamins. But I'd really like to know the minimum and maximum f each vitamin and mineral they need so I can get their food down to a science.
I'd really like to make a staple that is ideal for them instead of following staples without knowing exactly what they do for my gliders. I have thought about switching to HPW but again I don't know the exact amounts in it to know exactly how much nutrition my gliders are getting.
Is there a complete list somewhere?
Food, Diet
Jul 26 2014
01:37:23 AM
suggiemom02 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggiemom02's Photo Album suggiemom02's Journal KY, USA 906 Posts
Im not as well versed as some others but i dont think you should make any of your own changes to the diet. It could be harmful or have too much or too little of what they need.
Food, Diet
Jul 26 2014
07:35:48 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Unfortunately there is no list of recommended vitamin amounts for gliders.

Human vitamins may not be a good balance for gliders.
Calcium supplements vary in the amount of calcium per teaspoon and should not be substituted in BML. Two tsp of repcal calcium is 2100 mg calcium and is the highest dosage found in any glider diet.

2 tsp Now Brand Calcium Carbonate would be 2400 mg calcium. Definitely an OVER DOSE if used in BML. Other products may have more or less but are not equal .

My GliderKids recipes do use Now Brand Calcium and rely on Wombaroo high protein supplement for the appropriate amounts of vitamins

My web page is in my profile for more info on my feeding plan

Changing vitamins in BML could be dangerous

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders