Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Worried about sugar glider please help
Question
Aug 12 2014
09:57:51 AM
Okay so I just pulled my suggie out of his little pouch and I noticed a white liquid coming out of his manly parts, now I understand he is a male and that it could be just sperm but I'm super worried and I don't know if it is or not I'm just super worried because yesterday his nail ripped off so I'm just super anxious about him, please if you know tell me what that white liquid was thank you
Question
Aug 12 2014
10:48:14 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
If it is coming out of the cloaca (the place where they poo and pee), and it looks like 2 worms, it could be their genitaliaes (gliders possess 2 genitaliaes, that's why I said 2). If it doesn't retract, and starts turning a very light pink, white or black, your glider could get very sick (it can end up falling off, getting infected, etc). Apply K-Y to help him getting it retracted; if even so it doesn't retract, you need to take him to a vet.

Yesterday you posted about his nail, if it ripped off he could be in a lot of pain, not counting the fact that it could get infected. All of this combine can lead to self mutilation, which is harder to treat, please take him to a vet as soon as possible

Another possibility if it is something combined with his poop, is that it could be parasites, the only way to confirm, again, is to go to the vet and get a fecal test.

Edited by - rustypossumfart on Aug 12 2014 10:57:14 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders