Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
yogurt drops
yogurt drops
Food, Diet
Aug 16 2014
02:23:16 PM
I bought an expensive bag of glider treats onlinenand my gliders won't eat the fruit, just the yogurt drops. Can i buy any kind of yogurt drops or only those from a glider site?
Food, Diet
Aug 16 2014
04:28:02 PM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
As long as your read the ingredients and the are similar to that from the glider site it should be fine. My vet says that if you eat a yogurt drop and it feel greasy in you mouth that you shouldn't feed that (however safe it may look).

You can buy many type of treats for gliders as long as you read the ingredients and they seem safe. One good recommendation is to never feed gliders foods that contain artificial ingredients.

Still there are people that would fee stuff like marshmallows, cheerios, and such. Mine, I've found that they don't like dried fruits or most nuts like pine and almonds; but they love sun flower seeds and pistachios. The only thing with nuts is that they are fatty and contain proteins, so you should not feed to much of these, and use them only as treats.

Hope this is helpful.
Food, Diet
Aug 17 2014
12:25:42 AM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by jdching

I bought an expensive bag of glider treats onlinenand my gliders won't eat the fruit, just the yogurt drops. Can i buy any kind of yogurt drops or only those from a glider site?

What are the ingredients and which site did you get them from?

I order my gliders yogurt chips, pine nuts, sunflower seeds and organic pepitas from http://www.nuts.com/

Some of my gliders now decided that they don't care for the vanilla yogurt chips as much as the cheese yoggies(in the hamster section, cheapest at walmart for $2.25 a bag)...all 10 LOVE the cheese ones...I know...little weirdos!
Food, Diet
Aug 17 2014
02:14:23 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I guess i will start reading yogurt drop labels! I do feed mine a sliver of almond from the baking section at the grocery store. And sometimes they get a cheerio. why is a plain cheerio bad?
Food, Diet
Aug 17 2014
03:59:51 PM
BandP Super Glider Visit BandP's Photo Album 389 Posts
Be sure that the yogurt drops are the miniature size. I ordered some from Exotic Nutrition and they were the bigger ones. One of our gliders won't touch them....the other one, our treat monger I call her will snarf down treats as much as possible. She loves them
Food, Diet
Aug 17 2014
08:23:43 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by jdching

I guess i will start reading yogurt drop labels! I do feed mine a sliver of almond from the baking section at the grocery store. And sometimes they get a cheerio. why is a plain cheerio bad?

Giving them a cheerio occasionally will not hurt them. But most folks try to avoid feeding them grains(their systems are not designed to digest grains) as they are basically a processed foods. When there is wheat, oat, or corn involved...they are usually used as fillers.

yogurt drops

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
yogurt drops