Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
When to fully introduce a male and female glider.
Question
Aug 17 2014
04:02:24 PM
I just want people's opinions.

I have an unaltered male and a female. They are in separate cages. Should I let them see each other before I get the male neutered or should I wait until after he is neutered and off meds to let them meet? Would it be stressful on him after all that to meet a new glider? ("Birth control" wise I am hoping it would be better for him after)

It's probably a stupid question. Especially since with a male and female you could beget babies and I do not want that so I would have to watch them super close but there is always that chance. He gets neutered in 2 weeks. September 2nd.

Also will they mate in their bonding pouch? Just curious.
Question
Aug 17 2014
05:28:43 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
They will mate wherever they see fit lol

I think it would be best just to wait before placing him in there.. And did you know after a male is fixed he can still hold active sperm for awhile... ?
Question
Aug 17 2014
05:34:59 PM
TotesMaGoats Glider Visit TotesMaGoats's Photo Album TotesMaGoats's Journal VA, USA 84 Posts
No I did not. How long can they hold it? I really really do not want any joeys.
Question
Aug 17 2014
06:24:24 PM
TotesMaGoats Glider Visit TotesMaGoats's Photo Album TotesMaGoats's Journal VA, USA 84 Posts
Oh I did a little research and I saw that they can hold the sperm for about 72 hours. But just to be safe after getting the male fixed I should wait a week before introducing them. I guess waiting longer won't hurt.but thank you for telling me about the sperm thing! My luck is I would have introduced them a day or two later and ended up with joeys I don't want that at all!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders