Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Accidentally got emotionally attached...
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 18 2014
08:32:29 PM
So the 2 girls that I've been glider-sitting for my friend are going back home tomorrow... I find myself getting that heavy feeling in my throat when I'm about to cry. I've been glider-sitting for about a month straight with these 2 girls and I know them so well already and know they're favorite foods and favorite ball pit accessories and favorite pouch. I've gotten so attached that I don't want to say goodbye... Of course I still have my little boy, but I already know I'm going to miss the girls so so so terribly much... Unfortunately my friend's mother passed away so the gliders should be his perfect dose of comfort and happiness in this time of sadness for him. I had so much fun with them. I need help to let go of them :(
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 18 2014
08:39:49 PM
CLo1227 Glider Visit CLo1227's Photo Album 172 Posts
It can be hard. They are easy to get attached to. Why don't you look into getting your little boy a cage mate?
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 18 2014
09:39:25 PM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Trust me! I've been trying to :( I still have to prepare for another one like more toys and pouches etc. I also need to make my mother aware of my plans since I'm still living with her until I get my own apartment. She's scared of them :( also I don't know of any breeders close to me and I'm a little against shipping them from other cities and states.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 19 2014
07:25:07 AM
sillydasha Glider GliderMap Visit sillydasha's Photo Album sillydasha's Journal NY, USA 63 Posts
Hi Marisa, if you're worried about shipping cost then maybe you should consider rescuing a glider in need off of craigslist? I'm sure that there are a couple in driving distance. That's what I did when my little one needed a friend. I have to say that even though I really wanted to spend the extra cash and get either a WF or a mosaic joey, I'm so happy that I decided to save a glider from poor living conditions :) It's just another option and in the end you will be making two gliders extremely happy.

Totally understand about the parent thing! I was in the same boat. You just have to explain to your mother that they're social creatures and that your little boy needs a friend. You also might want to throw in there that having two is not much more work than having one. I know that my mom is still afraid of them, like she won't enter my room if I have them out at night, but she says that although she did not want me having more than one she understands and really can tell how much happier they both are.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 19 2014
07:50:03 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
I live in fl and I am a small Hooby breeder :) I have two boys available at the moment :) is your boy neutered? I know a great vet that neuters :)

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 20 2014
02:55:04 PM
karensink Face Hugger GliderMap Visit karensink's Photo Album 802 Posts
Where are you located? I know of 2 girls right now that need a home, i bet i can get them for free
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 20 2014
05:01:52 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
I am located in Zephyrhills but my boys are definitely not free lol

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders