Sugar Gliders
Instant HPW and poop???
Instant HPW and poop???
Food, Diet
Aug 20 2014
09:59:58 AM
Hello
Is it my imagination or a problem?
I've been feeding instant HPW along with chicken and fruits/veggies for several months now (used to feed a version of BML) - but it seems their stool (poop/ fecal matter) is bigger and just more (not runny - it's firm)... They don't seem to be having problems and I took a sample to my vet and it was fine.

Just wondering if anyone else was using instant HPW and how their stools looked.... Lol :)

Edited by - TigerLilly5555 on Aug 20 2014 10:01:01 AM
Food, Diet
Aug 20 2014
10:11:16 AM
CLo1227 Glider Visit CLo1227's Photo Album 172 Posts
I have fed the instant HPW in the past. My gliders feces were firm while on that diet, but it made them smell... strongly. Their fur started to get dull looking too. I switched them to the pet glider diet and all of my Babies fur is healthy, soft, and shiny and they barely have an odor to them.
Food, Diet
Aug 20 2014
04:01:15 PM
TigerLilly5555 Super Glider Visit TigerLilly5555's Photo Album KS, USA 299 Posts
Honestly, they smell better and their fur is thinker and nicer than when they were on BML.
Food, Diet
Aug 20 2014
04:20:54 PM
CLo1227 Glider Visit CLo1227's Photo Album 172 Posts
Really? That's good. I've never tried BML, but different diets work for different gliders.
Food, Diet
Aug 20 2014
05:40:42 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
HPW along with chicken

You should not feed chicken on a regular basis along with the HPW. Most gliders will eat the chicken first and not eat the HPW which contains the vitamins and calcium your gliders need.

HPW provides the protein your gliders need. Adding the chicken throws off the balance of the overall feeding because the chicken is high in phosphorus.

You can skip a night of HPW now and then and offer the chicken instead along with the fruits and vegetables - just not both on the same night.

Too much protein could be the cause of the firm Poop.
Food, Diet
Aug 21 2014
10:55:50 AM
TigerLilly5555 Super Glider Visit TigerLilly5555's Photo Album KS, USA 299 Posts
Thank you Candy! I'll do it more as a treat. They eat everything in the bowls so didn't think they were over do it.
Food, Diet
Aug 21 2014
11:02:46 PM
mingsmom Face Hugger Visit mingsmom's Photo Album USA 511 Posts
Hi Everybody-Candy, Tigerlilly, Etc! Just lurking on here since I don't have my babies anymore but I fed my group instant HPW. They virtually had no smell at all when I held them to my nose. No runny poop either, fur soft,thick with not much "broken" pattern at all. I also gave them about 1/8 tsp organic coconut oil 2 times a month-lol. For theire "special night" each week I also left out the HPW and gave them boiled chicken breast or scrambled egg.

I miss them every day- still cry about it too. How are all your babies? I'm So Jealous of you all! It's hard to be on here but I can't stay away long-Glider Addict for life, I'm afrad... sigh!
Instant HPW and poop???

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Instant HPW and poop???