Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
HPW Complete diet questions
Food, Diet
Aug 21 2014
04:43:20 PM
I want to know which fruits and veggies to feed them. I have looked at mixtures and I don't know if you pick a fruit and a veggie or mix the fruits and veggies all together then serve. If you can find the website or if you feed your sugar glider the HPW complete diet pleas let me know. I think there are three different mixes to choose from. Just looking into diets because I don't have any suggies yet and the fruit/veggie mixes didn't make sense to me.
Information
Aug 21 2014
05:33:06 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
The fruit and vegetable mixtures are a suggestion, not a requirement for the HPW Diets. They are one way to provide a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, but the combinations make a HUGE batch that will last two gliders a very long time. Even gliders can get bored being presented the same food every single day. The large batch works well for folks that have a large number of gliders to feed each night.

Another option is to feed one or two fruits and one or two vegetables each night. You can still offer a wide variety but just not tiny amounts of EVERY THING every night.

I actually feed one fruit and one vegetable each night - but a different combo each night so my gliders get at least 7 fruits and 7 vegetables each week.

With HPW I recommend you feed some of the high calcium fruits and vegetables like bok choi, papaya, okra and dark leafy greens a few times each week and limit the very high phosphorus vegetables like peas and corn to only once or twice a week.
Food, Diet
Aug 21 2014
10:24:12 PM
Kuzco2014 Joey 12 Posts
Thank you soo much that makes a lot more sense!!#128517;

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders