Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
2 gliders 8 weeks oop been vet checked had them for 5 d need advice
Question
Sep 01 2014
08:47:04 PM
Ok my gliders have 2 sleeping pouches, 2 bonding pouches, 2 canopies and a shirt.well my question is ,my gliders have an open stealth wheel and one of my girls will only sleep in it or on the floor behind my shirt curled up in the corner.is this behavior something I should worry about she's super energetic and plays with other glider at night. already enjoys being handled from day 3 the first time I put her in the bonding pouch eats treats from my hand and loves to climb through my hair. so much sweeter then my other glider it was very unexpected.

PS: this is my first time in a forum so sorry of I messed up etiquette.
Question
Sep 01 2014
08:52:05 PM
brewer55 Joey Visit brewer55's Photo Album 17 Posts

Question
Sep 01 2014
09:28:30 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Your new gliders are just settling into their new home. EVERYTHING is strange and unfamiliar to them - they have lost their parents and everything around them smells strange to them.

Give her some time to adjust to your home and she will probably move to one of the pouches soon.

I would not leave an entire shirt in the glider cage. The seams on most clothing are not glider safe. The long overcast stitches are too loose and can snag a glider's nail or even a toe and cause injury if a glider struggles to free herself.

Instead, get some fleece and either tuck a few 3 or 4 inch squares in your clothing for several hours or sleep with them in your pillowcase overnight to get your scent on the fleece. These can then be tucked into the sleeping pouch to help your glider get familiar with your scent. You could put one of the pouches on the floor of the cage for the joey to crawl into if she is not yet used to a hanging pouch. Once she is in the pouch then you can just hang it up - she will catch on quickly especially if the other glider joins her in the pouch and they can snuggle together.
Question
Sep 01 2014
09:41:55 PM
One pouch is on the ground. I'll remove the shirt I read it can help bonding is why I had it.I already have fleece with my scent on it in there pouches and canopies. Also there cage cover is a fleece blanket I slept with for a week. I did allot of research I was just worried cuz I never read about this situation.
Question
Sep 01 2014
09:50:23 PM
astockd1 Face Hugger Visit astockd1's Photo Album 478 Posts
Use hooks to hang the pouch up on the cage wall as high as you can. Gliders feel safest and most comfortable up high. They'll climb up the cage wall and crawl into the pouch that way. If she continues to sleep in the wheel I would put some fleece in there in the early morning for her... so cute, and also kind of sad! Poor thing must be confused. And yes, take the shirt out. We would put a shirt on top of the cage, not inside it, and they LOVE clinging to it. But it isn't necessarily the safest for their nails, and if your bars are spaced widely they can pull some of the shirt into the cage. Not totally dangerous, but fleece is always best.

Edited by - astockd1 on Sep 01 2014 09:51:52 PM
Question
Sep 02 2014
03:43:31 AM

Woke up to this nice to see them together
Question
Sep 02 2014
09:16:49 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
They look so pitiful, the little darlings. At least they are together keeping each other company and warm. They'll get the hang of it. Good looking kiddos from the pictures!
Question
Sep 02 2014
01:57:09 PM
I got them from a very good breeder she feeds reeps which seems to be a bit less preffered diet among owners but all of her gliders where very health coats, clear eyes, fluffy tails and there poop was normal colored. almost all where hand tamed her website is Hartlandsugargliders.com I'd recommend her especially if you live in the Texas dfw area I had a heck of a hard time finding a good breeder in Texas all I could find for a long time was mill breeders and I was uncomfortable having them flown in. Finally a bit of a follow up got home from work today and for the first time she was sleeping in a pouch instead of the wheel very reassuring
Question
Sep 02 2014
09:47:29 PM
MamaBird Face Hugger GliderMap Visit MamaBird's Photo Album USA 438 Posts
Awww!
Glad to hear she's settling in and used the pouch!
Question
Sep 02 2014
09:55:40 PM
I think it's been a bit to warm so I got a window ac for my room and keep it about 78 and they seem much happier today and even more active tonight. So I think that helped

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders