Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider Pent House LOL
Glider Pent House LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2014
07:32:47 PM
Hey guys haven't posted in a while, if you have any suggestions let me know. What do you'll think? On the bottom I was thinking of adding a tree house hideout, I think they're made for bunnies or chinchillas but I've seen them at the the pet store.
ALSO I had a hassle cleaning the trays everyday since critter nation cages don't have a pull out tray poop and pee piles up fast. I guess you can say I improvised. Instead of attaching the stand right side up I placed it UPSIDE down. The only downside is now I don't have storage space on the bottom but that's fine with me because I just store things on top of the cage ;D . Woohoo no more poop on their feet! & No more stressing out;)

Liam is so much nicer than Lacey & here he is 1 year later from when I got him as a baby.

Lacey is always licking her Cloaca & Liam is always getting to business . At one point she was double in size and I'm still unsure if she had babies & ate them -__-. By the way she's older than Liam by 1 month. Shouldn't she be ready for joeys? I'm not rushing anything I'm just curious.

I was sorting out their stuff!

Edited by - damsal on Sep 02 2014 07:40:17 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2014
08:05:19 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Looks like you have found the PERFECT solution to locating the cage pan under the grate instead of on top of it for this type cage.

Is it possible to assemble the two cage parts without the grate in the center of the cage? Your gliders would have much more jumping and climbing space if the center of the cage was opened up rather than just having the small pass through.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2014
08:09:45 PM
mallory_em4 Glider Visit mallory_em4's Photo Album 88 Posts
It's looking great! I actually have this same cage and I'm in love with it. A couple suggestions that may help... one I made a waterproof tray cover for easy cleaning (fleece with a waterproof baby crib mat, and it zips on the end) all I have to do is pull the cover off and shake it off and then throw it in the wash (I made two) and also idk if your aware but you dont have to have the middle grate, its very easy to remove and it makes a nice tall space for gliding. Here's my cage setup (I made all the pieces including the cage cover that velcros on the bottom).

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2014
08:12:32 PM
damsal Glider Visit damsal's Photo Album USA 85 Posts
Yes. I just put the middle grate on today. The reason is because they think they have a new cage and run laps lol also I wanted to try it because I can hang random stuff in the middle of the cage. Pretty soon I'll remove it , I'm just testing their reaction.

Edited by - damsal on Sep 02 2014 08:13:42 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2014
08:45:31 PM
MamaBird Face Hugger GliderMap Visit MamaBird's Photo Album USA 438 Posts
Nice cage! (I have one too)
They don't need the middle grate in there, they'll have a lot more room if you leave it out.

You can put the stand on the right way, use the middle grate to create a shelf for the poop tray so it's underneath the cage but you still have storage space.
I have a Critter Nation Life Cheat photo album on my Facebook profile if you need it!

Cute babies, too!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 02 2014
09:38:30 PM
damsal Glider Visit damsal's Photo Album USA 85 Posts
Thank you MamaBird, Where's the link to your Facebook album?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 14 2014
12:34:09 AM
MamaBird Face Hugger GliderMap Visit MamaBird's Photo Album USA 438 Posts
Glider Pent House LOL

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider Pent House LOL