Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
4 gliders need rehomed. Middletown, Ohio
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 07 2014
07:09:25 PM
Id hate to lose my gliders but I know they deserve better. I just dont have time for them anymore with two jobs and school. Two of the gliders are a breeding pair, the others are two of their babies. Mom is a mosaic ringtail, dad and babies are standards. I can neuter the male before rehomed if youd prefer. I dont want the dad and mom separated though. They come with their cage, cage set, raptor wheel, toys, bonding pouches, and bedding for the bottom of the cage. you can call or text anytime at 513-827-0908. I just want them to go to a good home.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 07 2014
07:23:18 PM
EchoandJase15 Glider Visit EchoandJase15's Photo Album 63 Posts

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 08 2014
02:54:45 PM
Animal lover 51 Glider Visit Animal lover 51's Photo Album Animal lover 51's Journal 51 Posts
Why what happened?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 08 2014
05:54:37 PM
monty415 Starting Member 1 Posts
wow their adorable! How old are the babies? I'm looking for a friend for my baby male sugar glider! How much would you be asking for a neutered baby male sugar glider? I can pay around $100.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 09 2014
02:51:39 PM
Nothing happened, I just don't have the time they deserve. The babies aren't exactly babies anymore. They were born May 5th and both are girls. If you wanted the two girls together they would be $150.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 09 2014
03:56:55 PM
Animal lover 51 Glider Visit Animal lover 51's Photo Album Animal lover 51's Journal 51 Posts
Ok can I just have one femal since I already have two at home?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 10 2014
03:54:13 PM
Yeah thatd be fine. Do you live in Ohio?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 10 2014
08:19:06 PM
JessPuck Glider Visit JessPuck's Photo Album 144 Posts
Although I'm not an expert I would think it would not be nice to separate the sisters, they're bonded to eAch other if they've been together since birth and I would think separating them would cause serious distress. Either separate parents from babies and sell the mom and dad and sisters separately or all 4 together but please don't separate the sisters. Could you imagine you yourself being in a happy family with your mkm and dad and sister and all of a sudden you're ripped away from all of them and are on your own in a new place with new people and have to bond to a new glider likely. Now imagine if that happened but you had your sister with you, you'd be scared but at least you'd have your sister by your side Skmeone you love and are bonded with and are comfortable with. For the best of your gliders I would recommend selling them in pairs or together.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 10 2014
11:59:03 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Yes Jess! That is a great plan and how is should be. 2 gliders are not anymore work than one...or 4 compared to 3.

It will be stressful enough on them going to a new environment with new smells, sights, sounds, people and other gliders.

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2014
07:48:57 PM
That is a pretty good point. I know I would never separate the mom and dad from each other. The thing is I can't get anyone to just take the 4 or even 2 together. Does $700 sound like a fair price to you? For 4 gliders, a big cage and all the stuff they have. Like they have so many pouches and toys its ridiculous lol. It's not like I'm making profit, I'm losing a ton of money honestly. The mom was $600 alone and dad was $400. The people that call me act like they should be worth $200 or something. Mom is pregnant, that could be like $1200 in someone's pocket just because I gave them my pregnant ringtail.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2014
11:34:00 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Honestly...it shouldn't be about the money.

It should be about finding them a great home, where they will be taken care of properly and given a lifetime of love and attention.

I paid $400 to take in a breeding pair(the "Breeder" said they were not pregnant but the Momma was pregnant, and they had 2 joeys come out of pouch 11 days after I brought them home)included their cage and all supplies.(These were a re-home situation...the are the parents of my first twins and I was not going to breed them so I took them in knowing Daddy was getting neutered right away, not expecting any joeys for sure.)

I know you spent a lot of money on their cage and supplies, but look at it like it is an investment in their future...that the new owner(s)can provide for them.

I think $400 for everything including the gliders is reasonable because it opens it up without breaking someones bank.

Maybe put a higher price up front but state it is negotiable to the right family, and be willing to cut the price if you find someone who is willing to take them, and take care of them how you want them to be cared for.

Edited by - Minnesota Zoo on Sep 11 2014 11:37:38 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 12 2014
08:29:31 AM
That's a lot better way to think about it. Thank you. I just kinda had the mindset that if someone is really willing to pay that for them then they must be committed and willing to rake care of them. That's the price my mom had me put up. She still wanted me to try to get more, I don't get it.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 12 2014
03:48:54 PM
It shouldn't be about money, more about the individual them self, if they can provide the proper forever home for your little ones. Even try putting mkm and dad up stating she's pregnant and separately put up the sisters?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 14 2014
12:21:48 PM
Yes I will try that. Thanks for all the advice! I think I have found them a good forever home that none of them will be separated.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 14 2014
06:19:03 PM
Awesome! I'm glad to hear
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 14 2014
11:29:54 PM
Well nevermind, were still looking. On the positive side, I can help momma through her pregnancy and get the babies socialized and ready for when they all do find good homes.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 31 2014
02:06:01 PM
nolaglider Super Glider Visit nolaglider's Photo Album USA 243 Posts
hi i live in new orleans la can you please PM me so we can discuss the rehoming of you gliders? also how old and what htt are they classic wfb? etc i only scrolled threw your post because i am very busy. also no that if you decide that you want me to have them that they will be spoiled and taking great care of. also how old are they? ty

Edited by - nolaglider on Oct 31 2014 02:06:51 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 07 2014
08:58:10 PM
DreamFall-A-New-Era Starting Member 0 Posts
I saw your post, new to OWNING sugar gliders but know most of the knowledge. Im only 16, seems young to most but I am going to college right now to be a vet, im in my second year and started when I was 14. So ill have the medical experience in a couple more for breeding of future joeys. But the most I have right now on hand is $100 dollars. I have to talk to my dad in the morning for more maybe depending on the price. I can come and pick them up though it will be a long drive but if the price is right well worth it for the little colony/family. I agree with the others that separating could cause some stress that could result in complications and could send them into depression also. And if it might help the price outcome a little on my side, I could say I have a cage, I would need to get some toys though since I don't have many. I have a ferret that was in it but got another one from my brother. So now I have this one open, its like a really big bid cage. White wire/metal, about 6ft tall I believe, because im 5'3" and its a little taller then me. Im short. Mabye I should stop typing now, I tend to get carried away. Let me know, I check back everyday more then once. Or if you want email me at Outcast.wolfgirl@gmail.com A email I check daily, or at my college email: cbutler2@zanestate.edu
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 21 2018
02:19:31 PM
RaeeeeAnnaaaa Starting Member RaeeeeAnnaaaa's Journal 0 Posts
Hi, if you still have any available, I'd love to have one !! I currently only have one male and he desperately needs a friend !

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home