Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Looking for a joey, South Florida
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 09 2014
11:43:34 AM
Hi guys, I've been looking for joeys in or out of pouch and I'm having a hard time finding them... Some breeders have confusing websites as well and are a BIT pricey... ($800 for a standard? Seriously?)

I understand I can go on Craigslist easily but they're all grown and previously bonded. I already rescued my baby now and he was already 2 years old and THANKFULLY we clicked and bonded in only 4 months. I want to experience bonding with a BABY baby, weeks old.

Anybody know of available joeys in or out of pouch? Or are there any breeders on this forum that can give me their email or number? Please
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 09 2014
11:58:34 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
Did you ever contact Donna with MyGliders?

MyGliders

Are you on FB?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 09 2014
12:05:21 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Hi. $800 for a standard seems extraordinary unless it has some fantastic lineage traits that would for some reason drive it that high...even then...I've seen some from impeccable breeders with lineage still not go anywhere near that price.

I'm in Florida and have been looking into some breeders local (Other than rescues I've only had them shipped from Priscilla Price). I'm sure that Candy will have some answers on this topic as well as Nerdy Hails, who I know has a breeder she really loves...in the gulf central area.

The shipping issue is very daunting...at first I was very concerned. But, when considering a breeder with extensive experience with shipping (only the finest crating, handlers and airlines) it may be something you might consider. Not to promote Priscilla and her operation TOO much...I really have nothing but praise for her gliders and the whole buying process. You could also have one of hers with all pricing and shipping included for less than $800!!! You're probably aware but just in case her website is thepetglider.com Just something to add into your options.

Good luck and if you find some...please share with me. I'm seriously in the mode of actively looking for some more (particularly a male for my girls) at this point. Most likely will continue with P.Price but, am not ruling out local folks. Got the glider itch...not that it ever goes away!

Oh, and congrats on rescuing your your other baby. Sometimes it can go very sadly...as was my case with some.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 09 2014
12:17:44 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Came back to thump my forehead and say that Nerdy actually is a breeder, but I see that you've already contacted her.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 17 2014
10:47:34 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Whoops! Sorry for late response guys, I think I responded to the wrong forum last time

I do have a FB (Marisa Monique in FL if you wanna be my friend )

I have been looking at so many breeders and craigslist gliders and websites and it's so frustrating They're either too far away (like Donna) or way too expensive . I even went to Underground Reptiles to check out the new suggies they brought in and they were already sold!! Meiko needs a friend asap and I want to experience the bonding process with a young little joey It's just not working out like I had wanted to..
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 17 2014
06:12:18 PM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
I sent you a message :) I can get you on a fb book group... :)
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 18 2014
07:15:39 AM
marisa0820 Super Glider Visit marisa0820's Photo Album marisa0820's Journal USA 222 Posts
Yay! Yes add me please

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders