Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Not Eating
Not Eating
Food, Diet
Sep 10 2014
04:01:21 PM
My 2 gliders are eating Candy's glider kids recipe #3 (I think, it is the egg only one). I just made my 2nd batch a couple days ago, so they have been on it for a couple months. I made the batch exactly the same, except they are not eating it this time around. They used to gobble it up! Nothing is different. They get a variety of fruits/veggies every night, but barely touch the staple.

Should I give it another couple days or should I make a new batch of something else? Any suggestions??
Food, Diet
Sep 10 2014
04:08:32 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If it has just been a night or two, I would just keep trying. Last night was an extremely bright full moon and sometimes gliders do not come out of their pouches or eat as well when the moon is keeping their cage area bright.

If you have a female glider - she may also be in heat and sometimes they do not eat well for a few days - especially if your other glider is male. They may be in the pouch mating and not come out even to eat. Even neutered males will often mate with their female cagemate when she is in heat.

Feed them as usually and see if they begin to eat normally in a day or two.
Food, Diet
Sep 10 2014
04:14:29 PM
chips2013 Glider Visit chips2013's Photo Album NJ, USA 127 Posts
Thank you for your response, Candy! :)

They are a male and female, but the male is neutered. It has been maybe only 2-3 days and like you said last night was a full moon and the night befor was corn night which they basically just fill up on that because they LOVE it and don't get it that often! Lol

I'll give it another couple days then.
Not Eating

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Not Eating