GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
She only poops inside her cage.
Behavior
Sep 12 2014
04:11:17 AM
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering about sometjing that I saw the other day and since everyone says that sugar glider can't be potty trained, I was wondering about it. I have a female suggie and she is about three months old now, I have had her since she was 5 weeks old. I know it is very young but she was already weaned for some reason and eating well enough. Anyway...

For the past two weeks I have been letting her run free in my apartment, since I feel she is bonded well enough to me. What I have noticed is that she will never realy play in her cage when she can run around outside and play but when she has to poop, she will jump on my bed and into her cage on one of the branches in the cage and poop there, she will never poop elsewhere. I have never seen her pee outside the cage when she is outside. but she will always go bach to her cage if she has to poop. Is she potty training herself or is it just a habbit or is she very teretorial about her cage? I am not realy sure what this is so if anyone can help me with this I would be very greatful.
Behavior
Sep 12 2014
03:38:42 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Gliders can be creatures of habit - but I do not think she can potty train them.

I bet if you look closely, you WILL find that she has peed and probably pooped somewhere in your room while roaming free. The pee spots may be small, but gliders go when and where ever they want to.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders